Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone beat this game using a shield and off hand weapon? If so what build you used? Want to try a tanky melee build.
You can 2h a shield if you want. Get a big boi with shield bash and tear shit up.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Juat finished a playthrough trying to do all the quests. Started off doing str/faith but didn't really like it so changed to some arcane spec with rivers of blood w/ swarm of flies. Didnt pay close enough attention to see the volcano manor quests go away after you kill rykard, so ended up missing those, but was able to complete all the others. Ended up being lvl 173 by the time I finished lol.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Anyone beat this game using a shield and off hand weapon? If so what build you used? Want to try a tanky melee build.

I played almost the entire game this way. I love shield/spear play style in previous games but in this one I never used spear. I went from golden halberd to great stars, ended with blaspemous blade. Now using sacred relic sword in NG+ cause the aoe on it is ridiculously good for clearing out trash mobs.

Shield I went with Eclipse great shield mainly for looks.

Chris

Potato del Grande
What’s up with the mausoleum in the snow? I went to duplicate the elden beast remembrance and it doesn’t give me options to duplicate anything. I noticed some mausoleums allowed some remembrances and other ones had more options. Does the snow one only duplicate a few…guessing ones I don’t have?
Same happened to me, it's weirdly bugged like others say but just wanted to confirm it's not just you.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
What’s up with the mausoleum in the snow? I went to duplicate the elden beast remembrance and it doesn’t give me options to duplicate anything. I noticed some mausoleums allowed some remembrances and other ones had more options. Does the snow one only duplicate a few…guessing ones I don’t have?

Some mausoleums will only duplicate optional boss remembrances and not main quest bosses.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Beat the elden beast. That fight sucked. I never changed my strat at all. Some fights I didn’t come close, some I did. It just seemed like RNG on if he was going to use attacks where he runs off or stays out to let me beat on him.

Had the same issue, came back a bunch of times and it never let me dupe anything. Thought it was just me, but guess it’s a larger issue.

Doesn’t have anything to do with boss vs other remembrance, it doesn’t allow for any duplication. The prompt never even comes up.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wife and I may be hitting the wall on this, but not due to the game itself. The fucking academy lake area is griefer/ganker central. We get invaded pretty much at five minute intervals, making it impossible to progress on overland stuff as a coop experience. And its all fucking twinks with endgame gear doing glass cannon shit that no one actually playing PvE at this level range has any chance of doing anything about. If its not Madness/Rot AE spam, its powerstanced super bleed weapons on characters tailor leveled to the gear with as much endurance as possible to remain in the ganking range.

This shit was tolerable with the timer in older souls games, because win or lose you had some time to progress. We can't even attempt the dragon there without "Invaded by Ganker with engame weapon/spell" showing up and fucking the entire attempt up. And because of the teleport shit you sometimes don't even get a warning before some assclown drops rot breath on you in a narrow dungeon corridor. They are going to lose the casual crowd they picked up if they don't at LEAST up the timer to around 30-45 minutes. My wife flat out said her only interest in this game was so we could coop it together and I know she is far from alone.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Beat the elden beast. That fight sucked. I never changed my strat at all. Some fights I didn’t come close, some I did. It just seemed like RNG on if he was going to use attacks where he runs off or stays out to let me beat on him.

Yeah Elden Beast is all based on RNG and how many times you can get it to swipe swords because after the last there is a large period for a window for damage - which usually also means unless you did it right you are out of stamina. If one gets lucky and he does a lot of sword swipes, running towards it when it starts and rolling through the swipes is the best because it will get you into position for 3-4 attacks.

But yeah it's pretty annoying. In Journey 2 I am finding I am far better off only summoning my mimic instead of real players. I do way more damage this way over having two others in coop and the fight just takes forever. I do double the damage per swing when not summoning real players.

I am going to go back to my farming spot for a while so I can level Mind - I need more FP to try different summons. I got greedy on my last attempt - had beast down to about 4% and started spamming for whatever reason to kill the thing... Died. Now I am currently going after Dragonlord Placid since that is my final boss kill for achievement, then get the final boss, (Doing Frenzied ending) get the Erdtree +2 Talisman, and then fire up one last game and steamroll through for the normal ending.

I feel really bad for Soygen Soygen right now - NG 3/4 and having to FIght Melania...... Fuck that. I am glad I never have to fight that thing again - was bad enough in Journey 2.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Wife and I may be hitting the wall on this, but not due to the game itself. The fucking academy lake area is griefer/ganker central. We get invaded pretty much at five minute intervals, making it impossible to progress on overland stuff as a coop experience. And its all fucking twinks with endgame gear doing glass cannon shit that no one actually playing PvE at this level range has any chance of doing anything about. If its not Madness/Rot AE spam, its powerstanced super bleed weapons on characters tailor leveled to the gear with as much endurance as possible to remain in the ganking range.

This shit was tolerable with the timer in older souls games, because win or lose you had some time to progress. We can't even attempt the dragon there without "Invaded by Ganker with engame weapon/spell" showing up and fucking the entire attempt up. And because of the teleport shit you sometimes don't even get a warning before some assclown drops rot breath on you in a narrow dungeon corridor. They are going to lose the casual crowd they picked up if they don't at LEAST up the timer to around 30-45 minutes. My wife flat out said her only interest in this game was so we could coop it together and I know she is far from alone.

Everyone is invading there because of the bloody finger quest so that doesn't help matters. You have to invade 3 times to move on to the next portion. The place is a modern day Ukraine right now.

In the meantime, you can always come back to that dragon later. If you need the Glimstone key to get into the Academy, you can sneak in back of the Dragon as it sleeps and grab it and go.

• 2Worf

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah she solo sneaked and I soloed the Dragon (I am the mele character in our duo), it just is pissing the wife off who really enjoyed the game due to us being able to play together side by side. I hope FROM realizes that the current invasion paradigm is beyond retarded and opening the game up to coop will get them more players than throwing the gankers a bone. Maybe just remove the item trading mechanic entirely, since at least a twink would need to actually get to the drops instead of having a second account hand them the gear they minmaxed to use.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah she solo sneaked and I soloed the Dragon (I am the mele character in our duo), it just is pissing the wife off who really enjoyed the game due to us being able to play together side by side. I hope FROM realizes that the current invasion paradigm is beyond retarded and opening the game up to coop will get them more players than throwing the gankers a bone. Maybe just remove the item trading mechanic entirely, since at least a twink would need to actually get to the drops instead of having a second account hand them the gear they minmaxed to use.

Well, good news is once you get out of that area it happens a lot less. Hopefully.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah Elden Beast is all based on RNG and how many times you can get it to swipe swords because after the last there is a large period for a window for damage - which usually also means unless you did it right you are out of stamina. If one gets lucky and he does a lot of sword swipes, running towards it when it starts and rolling through the swipes is the best because it will get you into position for 3-4 attacks.

But yeah it's pretty annoying. In Journey 2 I am finding I am far better off only summoning my mimic instead of real players. I do way more damage this way over having two others in coop and the fight just takes forever. I do double the damage per swing when not summoning real players.

I am going to go back to my farming spot for a while so I can level Mind - I need more FP to try different summons. I got greedy on my last attempt - had beast down to about 4% and started spamming for whatever reason to kill the thing... Died. Now I am currently going after Dragonlord Placid since that is my final boss kill for achievement, then get the final boss, (Doing Frenzied ending) get the Erdtree +2 Talisman, and then fire up one last game and steamroll through for the normal ending.

I feel really bad for Soygen Soygen right now - NG 3/4 and having to FIght Melania...... Fuck that. I am glad I never have to fight that thing again - was bad enough in Journey 2.
There is a flask thing you can mix that makes you use no FP for ten seconds. You can summon anything while that’s active even if you don’t have enough FP.

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Finished this morning. I played the whole game as a STR Colossal 2 hander only and it worked exceedingly well.... up until Haligtree. After pounding my head against Melania for 2 1/2 days and over 50 attempts I broke down and used my first spirit summoning (Mimic) and beat her first try. The rest of the game went like this: Maliketh - 3 shot, Plaxiduces - 2 shot, Godfrey - 1 shot, Elden Beast - 2 shot. She was the hardest boss and it wasn't even remotely close.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Finished this morning. I played the whole game as a STR Colossal 2 hander only and it worked exceedingly well.... up until Haligtree. After pounding my head against Melania for 2 1/2 days and over 50 attempts I broke down and used my first spirit summoning (Mimic) and beat her first try. The rest of the game went like this: Maliketh - 3 shot, Plaxiduces - 2 shot, Godfrey - 1 shot, Elden Beast - 2 shot. She was the hardest boss and it wasn't even remotely close.
Yeah agree. I one shot everything after the dragon horse boss guy on the stairs until the elden beast. That one is as just “which attacks is it going to use” for me. I know which attacks Malenia is going to use I just suck at it. Been running around the world a bit more before truly finishing the game, will give her some more time soon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user