Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Curved swords.

Honestly, I had to stop summons in radagon/elden beast to get a challenge. I do not think this game is that hard, especially with ashes.

I am dicking around in FF14 now to wrap up that, but I’m going to do bloodborne next. Guy at work said it was faster combat but he felt the bosses were more fair with more windows to hit and less lengthy combos. I felt Elden Ring had some damn wild combos that I felt just kept going, but it was my first souls game.

I played Demons Souls PS5 a bit ago (Elden Ring in March), and wow, the difference in boss AI and movesets is stark. They've definitely been on a trajectory, I had forgotten what it was like at the start.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Get two godskin peelers or godskin/eleanoras polearm. Go arcane/bleed affinity on the peelers. What makes the build so great is the jump attack while dual wielding polearms can hit the enemy 4 times, and godskin peeler with high arcane applies over 130 bleed per hit. Wear any gear that increases damage on bleed, bleed chance, and jump attack damage. Use seppuku to really reach crazy levels of bleed.
This is it exactly. For talismans, use the Rotten Winged Sword Insignia (+AP with successive attacks), Claw Talisman (jump attacks), Lord of Blood's Exultation (+AP from blood loss) and Radagon's Soreseal (++attributes). And if you want to truly max it out, add in the White Mask and Raptor's Black Feathers armor too.

I've swapped out the RBF armor for something with more poise against Malenia and Radagon. The Crucible Tree armor has always been my go to to max out poise and stay at medium load but their hits are just way too punishing at NG+4.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
The Guru is doing a mini boss tournament, whatever the hell that means, but I figured we would probably all enjoy it.... FIGHT

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Been doing an Arc/Dex run, using dual wield daggers mostly. I might finally be at a point where the Hellace is worth using, but the damn Reduvia dagger has been carrying me through the entire run, mostly due to the shot art. I mean, with the crit dagger offhanded with a bleed art I do stupid bleed buildup but against all the FU to melee mobs the shot spam just melts things. I bust out the Eochaid sword and Brass shield for fights where the enemies are immune to bleed and/or undodgeable, but I have burned up most of the game with the two weapons I started with. Going to try offhanding the black knife and maybe giving Hellace Peeler combo a chance, but man if it bleeds in this game Misericorde/Reduva just fucking crushes it.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The Guru is doing a mini boss tournament, whatever the hell that means, but I figured we would probably all enjoy it.... FIGHT

Lol: "And he threw poison at the camera man.... He's coming after the camera man now..."

• 1Worf

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Fuck i got stuck, bored then quit. Found a leveling spot and just grinded shit levels now i dont recall where to go or who to kill.

Bleh i suck.

• 2Pathetic

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I think some of you guys watch this channel, pretty neat that he got this off the ground.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Szlia

Swedish twitch streamer Miss Mikkaa is doing a no summon, no remap, one hand playthrough. Easy game !

• 1Rustled

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Fuck i got stuck, bored then quit. Found a leveling spot and just grinded shit levels now i dont recall where to go or who to kill.

Bleh i suck.
I am KINDA in this boat: I had some problems with my hands and had to quit and the height of my play time, where I was playing hours every day. I am better now and want to get back into but I was right at the end of the manner/fire giant and really don't know if I can pick it up again without a huge huge learning curve. I really want to get the finish this game, though, at least one ending. I just need to bite the bullet and start playing again. I have a week off coming up and maybe I will make that my project.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That revenant is my most hated enemy. Never got comfortable with their move sets.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
That revenant is my most hated enemy. Never got comfortable with their move sets.
I know I was rooting for the bloodhound knight,fuck that revenant. It really is one of the creepier monsters within the game, and I never enjoyed having a fight one.

I guess that's the point of the design though.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
In prob 400+ hours of playing the game and 5 complete playthroughs i think I have killed maybe 2 or 3 total revenants. Fuck them

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
An aoe heal stuns them, but it was a pretty risky strategy in my opinion to try and hard cast near them.

The couple I was repeatedly fighting in the Haligtree though, a simple shield block always staggered them. So just walking into them while blocking and poking with a spear was easy.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Yeah, revenants and the big iron maiden robots are the two enemies I pretty much never actually fought, just noped out and walked past them.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's it, I'm ordering you guys to do a full play through and you must kill every revenant and virgin abductor spawn. chop chop!

• 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah, revenants and the big iron maiden robots are the two enemies I pretty much never actually fought, just noped out and walked past them.

Iron Maidens aren't really as bad as they seem, but are just not worth it.

Rune Bears win the "fuck that I'm out of here" award from me.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users