Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This entire miniboss tournament is a sham without the Rape Bear in there.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This entire miniboss tournament is a sham without the Rape Bear in there.
5stdars99mp91.png

• 3Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They used the pussiest overland bear, though. Not one of the miniboss bears like that fucking prick in the bottom of the one cave in the south continent.

Edit- NM Guess they did use that confined space miniboss bear.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They used the pussiest overland bear, though. Not one of the miniboss bears like that fucking prick in the bottom of the one cave in the south continent.

Edit- NM Guess they did use that confined space miniboss bear.

I was thinking it looked slow. Not like the fluffy wrecking-ball chainsaws I've come to know and love.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I also think of Eomer of the Briar as more of a main boss, since he is the end baddie of poison castle. I will take him over Godskin cheater though.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Final round, who will win!?! I just saw it was posted and I've not watched it yet. I hope it's briar man.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This is kind of cool: Watched Hellraiser 2 for the first time, and in the third act, the hot main character ends up wearing what is very clearly the Deathbed Dress. Same cross-tie, same color, same low-cut back. Pretty sure that's where they got the design, given how influential the first two Hellraiser movies were.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This is kind of cool: Watched Hellraiser 2 for the first time, and in the third act, the hot main character ends up wearing what is very clearly the Deathbed Dress. Same cross-tie, same color, same low-cut back. Pretty sure that's where they got the design, given how influential the first two Hellraiser movies were.
I look forward to what other easter eggs you find while watching the remaining 32 hellraiser films.

• 5Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I look forward to what other easter eggs you find while watching the remaining 32 hellraiser films.

LOL, naw I'm good. I watched the first 2 at a friend's behest and then 3 to see if it held my interest.

If this were ten years ago I probably would watch the whole series, but I don't have that same "finish everything I start" energy now. Are everyone's 30's this much of a downgrade?

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Downgrade? We have more important things to prioritize. I consider it an upgrade to have better things to be doing than watching 29 more Hellraiser movies.

• 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Downgrade? We have more important things to prioritize. I consider it an upgrade to have better things to be doing than watching 29 more Hellraiser movies.

That's a good point. I lose interest in things way faster than I used to, but maybe that's not actually a bad thing. The best stuff (like Elden Ring) can still hold my attention.

Went back and got a couple shots of the Deathbed Dress in the movie:

1664397571345.png

1664397608873.png

1664397584005.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On to my third NG3 on different characters and only now discover how stupidly broken the Sacred Relic Sword is when used at the starting point in the Mohgwyn Palace zone.

It's around 100k runes a pop and then rinse repeat.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Whenever the DLC comes out, should I start a new game for that?

I think my save is on New Game ++ (or Journey 3 if you will). In the past I had a rough go of it when I tried to do Souls series DLCs on like NG++ after finishing the regular game. Bloodborne in particular I think I just started over so I could do NG DLC and not lose all my hair. However in this case I'd rather not start over because my character is overleveled (275) and has like every item in the game, did absolutely everything. I'd think at that level NG++ would balance itself out in difficulty compared to NG at lower levels?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Whenever the DLC comes out, should I start a new game for that?

I think my save is on New Game ++ (or Journey 3 if you will). In the past I had a rough go of it when I tried to do Souls series DLCs on like NG++ after finishing the regular game. Bloodborne in particular I think I just started over so I could do NG DLC and not lose all my hair. However in this case I'd rather not start over because my character is overleveled (275) and has like every item in the game, did absolutely everything. I'd think at that level NG++ would balance itself out in difficulty compared to NG at lower levels?
No one can say, it'll be harder in NG+ and higher obviously but how hard who knows. Also depends on the build you'd go for, some builds deal with higher difficulty better by just being tankier anyway. Pointless to think about for now, you can figure it out once the DLC releases, either by testing yourself or waiting a few days to find out what other people think, but any advice at this point is speculation that's not really more useful than flipping a coin to make your decision.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
No one can say, it'll be harder in NG+ and higher obviously but how hard who knows. Also depends on the build you'd go for, some builds deal with higher difficulty better by just being tankier anyway. Pointless to think about for now, you can figure it out once the DLC releases, either by testing yourself or waiting a few days to find out what other people think, but any advice at this point is speculation that's not really more useful than flipping a coin to make your decision.

Yeah, true.

I'm hoping that it gets two major DLCs in the same format that Souls 3 followed: One that's lore-focused and expands the world (Godwyn), then one that's basically just one super-hard area designed to push players to the limit (Miquella). If that ends up being the plan I'll be thrilled.

I'd probably save the Land of Reeds / Formless Mother for a sequel since all of that could be a whole other land.

• 1Like