Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Kajiimagi Kajiimagi
The only thing really like a Point of No Return is when you finish the last boss in Farum Azul. It closes down (changes) the capitol area and ends a lot of the NPC quests, though most of the major ones are still available to complete like Ranni and the Millicent Needle one. You can pretty much do anything, dungeon or boss wise, outside of the capitol that you left undone until you choose to advance to New Game. The things you REALLY want to knock out before the last boss are getting the required gear to make the fight more tenable, which is going to be certain weapons based on your build and things that protect you from the elements the boss uses. Maybe a good spirit ash if you are trying to solo it (Tiche and Poop Man are the best). All the completionist shit can be postponed. And believe me there is a lot of stuff in this game. I am on my 6th play and I am still finding shit I did not know existed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
How difficult Mogh is depends entirely on if you did the prep work and what your build is. He can pretty much be one shotted by Flask/Comet and is strangely easy to bleed. He is also weak to holy damage so a character built to cast Elden Stars will tear him a new one. You just can't waltz into the fight with 10 VIT an expect to get anywhere. Doing the dungeon on the way to Mini Mogh gives you both his shackle and the flask item to negate his phase transition AE. If you are using ashes, Tiche and Poop Man do work on him. Only time he is seriously hards (asde from lack of prep) is as a pure mele because of all the bleed/fire damage dot AE he shits out. His robe is pretty boss and the spear is one of the most fun weapons to use in the game (trivializes a lot of PvE), so he is def worth doing.

I'm unfamiliar with Mohg's spear, I'll give it a try next time I play. This is why it's good to never throw away weapons.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm assuming the two Mohgs and the dragonlord are the 3 bosses I still have to find.

That plus probably a zillion minor bosses/areas. I was STILL finding stuff after 140 hours and 3 playthroughs. I think last time I played I found two new dungeons right under the Draconic Tree Sentinel fight, jump off the edge somewhere around there and there are some crypts that go under Leyndell. Couldn't believe I found two more dungeons when I thought I'd found everything. There's probably still something I never found in the game, wish it had some sort of ingame checklist to unlock (but also I'm glad it doesn't).

The thing to keep in mind is: You can go around and do everything up until you finish Crumbling Farum Azula. Once that's done, Leyndell gets completely transformed as an area and there's stuff you can no longer reach, like part of the "7 Legendary Weapons" trophy. Not sure about the sewers. Basically I'd do everything you want to do in the game before going to Farum Azula. Once you're there, it also locks you in, but you can warp out after exploring it for a bit. The bosses in CFA are also much stronger than anything before that (basically Fire Giant level) but it shouldn't be too much of an issue. After CFA is the final boss.

Snow town is actually pretty simple if you take a certain route through it, but you need to either be a fast roller or have a ranged knockback (Heima Cannon is great here, but the Cannon Shield or the giant fireball thing work too) to push a couple of the archers out of your way. I admit the first time I did that zone it took me a lot of dying to work out the details, but you can scout it in the non Gaol world to work out a path before hand.

Yeah, I used Radahn's Greatarrows to knock the archers off the rooftops. That trivialized that part. It was also the only way I could get through it without dying.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sewers remain fully accessable, but the main thing is the special spear which is one of the Legendary weapons. Also the tower to slot Milinia's rune becomes inaccessable if you dont already have the grace outside of it. There is also a Manor target that gets overwritten. Most of anything else here is probably trivial or would have been done/broken well before this point. Quest wise, you can still do Frenzied Flame and set up all endings except the Golden Order one (that one is tough and has to be done at specific times for each step). There are some items in the redone capitol area you will want to nab before moving on to NG, including a complete outfit and the end pece of the Golden Order if you had been doing Gold Mask's questline. Also an Erdtree Favor +2 and Somber Dragon Stone out there. If you have been doing the Kenneth Height and Nephili questline, they will have moved to the Stormwind throne room by now, as well, with a Dragon Stone as a reward.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There are three in there actually LOL. Fire weapons or bleed dagger make them a lot easier. I think Dual dagger w Reduvia mighty have been my favorite run, with dual Hoslow bleed whips for invaders.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Anyone try the randomizer mod for this? im curious how much of a PITA it is to get that rolling, i kinda wanna play through the game again but that or the seamless coop version would probably be the only way i could do it again lol

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am a PS5 player with this, so no idea. But the seamless co-op version is making it tempting to build a new gaming rig.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Skeezer

Molten Core Raider
Yes. You might have already missed it. That’s the thing with these games you can miss things and BAM gotta restart.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Kajiimagi Kajiimagi if you trying to see everything you have like 20 hours of content left. Have you even seen the sewers yet? Probably the hardest part of the game, a giant maze filled with beefed up plague demons and giant shrimp.
I didn't even know there WAS a sewers , I'll have to check that out. Does that explain the red doo-doo guy at the round table? He keeps saying something about ending his form in I think a sewer.

• 1Worf

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I didn't even know there WAS a sewers , I'll have to check that out. Does that explain the red doo-doo guy at the round table? He keeps saying something about ending his form in I think a sewer.
He is there yes, don't attack him.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is there a secret dungeon unlocked for fucking him?
He said murder him after fucking him. If he would have said murder him then fuck him I could see a dungeon unlocking.

• 1Jonesing

Staberinde

Trakanon Raider
Anyone try the randomizer mod for this? im curious how much of a PITA it is to get that rolling, i kinda wanna play through the game again but that or the seamless coop version would probably be the only way i could do it again lol

1. Download these 4 Mods to run seamless coop and randomizer together.
    • EldenModLoader - (Only need this if you want to run both coop and randomizer as it bypasses need to run the coop launcher)
    • SeamlessCo-op - (Can install this on its own if this is the only mod you are running)
    • ModEngine2 - (Needed for randomizer mod)
    • Randomizer
  2. Extract them all to your Elden Ring game folder, default is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ELDEN RING\Game"
  3. Inside "..Game\SeamlessCoop" Open "seamlesscoopsettings.ini"
    • Change "cooppassword = " to something unique like "cooppassword = h8%6f" (your coop buddy will need the to do the same password)
  4. Inside "...Elden Ring/Game" run "launch_elden_ring_seamlesscoop.exe"
    • (This will launch elden ring coop mode and create necessary files in the "SeamlessCoop" folder). Exit game to continue configuring randomizer setup.
  5. Move the contents of the "SeamlessCoop" folder (Contents, not the folder itself) into the "mods" folder (this will launch coop mod automatically without the need to run its launcher).
  6. Inside the "...Elden Ring/Game" folder. Move the "randomizer" folder into the "ModEngine-2.0.0-preview3-win64" folder.
  7. Inside the "ModEngine-2.0.0-preview3-win64" folder open "config_eldenring.toml"
    • Find the line that says "{ enabled = true, name = "default", path = "mod" }" and change "mod" to "randomizer".
  8. Inside "...\ModEngine-2.0.0-preview3-win64\randomizer" open "EldenRingRandomizer.exe"
    • Make sure game path is correct and "output files for UXM" is unchecked
    • Click on "Randomize items and enemies" - (if you want a new randomization make sure "Reroll seed" is checked)
    • Your coop buddy should input the same seed key in here (making sure "reroll seed" is unchecked)
    • Lots of other options in here but defaults are fine for most part
  9. Inside the "ModEngine-2.0.0-preview3-win64" folder run "launchmod_eldenring.bat" and Elden Ring should load with mods working!
  10. Once inside game you'll have 4 new items for Coop (in your pouch by default).
    • "Tiny Great Pot" Hosts a coop session
    • "Effigy of Melenia" Joins a session (based on the password set up in "seamlesscoopsettings.ini")
    • "Separating Mist" Leaves a session (or boots players if host)
    • "Judicator's Rulebook" Toggles PVP on and off
Alternatively watch a video here

If you just want randomizer get ModEngine2 and Randomizer then skip to steps 6-9
If you just want coop then just get SeamlessCo-op and ignore steps 5-9
If you want to go back to normal Elden Ring you'll need to remove/move "dinput8.dll" from the ".../Elden Ring/Game" folder or the game will fail to load from steam launcher.
Probably good to back up your orginal save games also

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is there a secret dungeon unlocked for fucking him?
1678457946314.png

• 9Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users