Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Maybe just start a completely fresh new game then on PC. My original play was on PS5, but I have it on PC too. What's the current total cheese build so I can power through it?
I am like halfway through with my Nakakiba/Greatbow build. Seems to work fine.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Maybe just start a completely fresh new game then on PC. My original play was on PS5, but I have it on PC too. What's the current total cheese build so I can power through it?

Any build with the right weapon and just use summoning ashes on every boss. I did a whole new playthrough determined to use either INT, FAI, or DEX and ended up just going STR again. Second time through was more enjoyable.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm planning on a fresh start with the DLC release too. I had planned to beat a fresh ER before the DLC release but Factorio is just taking too long :D

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You can probably just follow this.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I still think Moonlight GS is the best PVE weapon in the game and makes a ton of shit completely trivial due to the range. The issue is the quest to get it takes forever and you need something to get you to that point.

Bald Brah

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I still think Moonlight GS is the best PVE weapon in the game and makes a ton of shit completely trivial due to the range. The issue is the quest to get it takes forever and you need something to get you to that point.
Giant crusher + lions claw trivializes most boss fights. The invulnerability frames + mega stance dmg turns everything into a one button masher. I mean if you wanted to make it a little harder you could jump heavy attack instead of just ash spamming, then it's 2 buttons and no i-frames.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Giant crusher + lions claw trivializes most boss fights. The invulnerability frames + mega stance dmg turns everything into a one button masher. I mean if you wanted to make it a little harder you could jump heavy attack instead of just ash spamming, then it's 2 buttons and no i-frames.
Interesting I’ll have to try that on my pre dlc speedrun.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

I usually go pure sorcery with a greatsword as backup and for trash until I get MLGS since you need a boatload of INT for it anyway

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Man, on one hand I really want to play this DLC. On the other hand, I haven't really played since first couple months of release and my only save game is a NG+ at the beginning of the game. I have literally no memory of what to do/where to go. How do you access this DLC? Do we know yet? Wonder if I can just edit my save game to get me to the entrance point.

I'd start a new game for sure. NG+ and a first-time run of DLC tend to be a good way to get destroyed, in past experience.

Starting the DLC will require Mohgwyn Palace to be cleared. Which means playing half the game or so. Probably going to be a ton of people dropping signs outside Mohg's door to help people kill him in the weeks before launch, might be a fun thing to do.

Bloodborne 2 pls. That shit would be amazing on modern hardware.

Yeah I'd love a BB2 especially if it was in the ER open world style. I'm finding that Souls 3 is kind of a "Bloodborne 2 + Souls" hybrid, at least. A lot of the areas look exactly like they're straight out of Bloodborne.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I don’t think BB would work as well in open world. BB’s aesthetic and theme is very specific, and involves gothic architecture, towns/cities, a bit of corruption, etc. I think it would be extremely challenging to create an open world that felt right. The whole world would be Caelid or something similar, and that feels weird.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Not sure I'll even be able to play ER until the DLC drops. I'm mid Sekiro (I guess , I just got the ability to dive) holy shit I thought I played the game the 1st time around , I saw maybe 20% of it 1st time Lol

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Man, on one hand I really want to play this DLC. On the other hand, I haven't really played since first couple months of release and my only save game is a NG+ at the beginning of the game. I have literally no memory of what to do/where to go. How do you access this DLC? Do we know yet? Wonder if I can just edit my save game to get me to the entrance point.
DLC entrance is after the Mogh fight.

The entrance to his area is in the final open world zone, Consecrated Snowfield. However you can unlock a teleport much earlier... at some point in Liurnia I think via Varre's quest.

Imo Mogh is one of the easier bosses.

I started a fresh save and I'm 80% into the game, ready for the DLC.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
An open world ala ER in bloodbornes universe and I’d probably jizz myself to death
I think I'd prefer a complete remake, ala Demon Souls, by Blue Point for Bloodborne, as a BB2 will never happen (thanks Sony).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I'm finding that Souls 3 is
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
18f99544bba48-screenshotUrl.jpg

What a stunning game, My God

Got about halfway through it, think I'm gonna start over and run a different character. It's good enough that I don't mind replaying the first half at all. Not sure when, bur yeah.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 529861
What a stunning game, My God

Got about halfway through it, think I'm gonna start over and run a different character. It's good enough that I don't mind replaying the first half at all. Not sure when, bur yeah.
I did the same with BG3. Restarted multiple times with different builds. I still haven't finished it.

Enjoy DS3, friend. Better than Elden Ring imo.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Why is it better than elden ring? Never played DS3.

From someone who loved Elden Ring and played it for 160 hours, I like DS3 better because it is a better Souls game. Elden Ring's open world is great, but I prefer the maze-like Souls worlds better where you stumble across shortcuts that weren't obvious and realize the depth of the interconnected world building as you progress farther. Again, I love Elden Ring, but I just prefer the Souls world style better.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

nu_11

From someone who loved Elden Ring and played it for 160 hours, I like DS3 better because it is a better Souls game. Elden Ring's open world is great, but I prefer the maze-like Souls worlds better where you stumble across shortcuts that weren't obvious and realize the depth of the interconnected world building as you progress farther. Again, I love Elden Ring, but I just prefer the Souls world style better.

Dungeon crawling is my preference as well. I'm hoping that FromSoftware goes big on dungeon crawling next game.

• 1Like