Embers Adrift

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Fuuuuuukkkkkkk....
GIF by Giphy QA

Y'all have won me over, and I gotta check this out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Camped the ancient bear for about two hours today. Finally killed it and got an insane crossbow for completing the quest!

1666302070884.png

The ancient bear itself has no drops so there's no reason to kill it if you're not on the quest.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Dude I played EQ starting in the beta and absolutely loved it. I guess I will give it some more time but holy fuck there is nothing interesting or compelling in this for me.

Tranny dragons await you in WoW.

• 1Salty

Goonsquad Officer
how is class diversity? does anything actually play emergently like EQ? or is it like your modern theme park mmos where various roles just mash buttons in different patterns?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Camped the ancient bear for about two hours today. Finally killed it and got an insane crossbow for completing the quest!

View attachment 439074

The ancient bear itself has no drops so there's no reason to kill it if you're not on the quest.
IS that range stat correct? Crossbow with range of 14m? That kinda sucks for a ranged weapon.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
how is class diversity? does anything actually play emergently like EQ? or is it like your modern theme park mmos where various roles just mash buttons in different patterns?
I would say not very good. Being low fantasy it is mostly a pack of friends swinging at assgoblins at a slowish pace. There's a bit of CC, bardlike effects etc but they are all sort of explained by using bear piss or bandaging.

There are tricks to pulling that I don't have figured out yet. I've seen group members do wacky things.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Class diversity seems fine, it's not super impressive but the 9 specializations all feel distinct without being too niche.

IS that range stat correct? Crossbow with range of 14m? That kinda sucks for a ranged weapon.
Yeah it's low range but that's fine because as a healer I need to be in range of my tank to heal him anyways. The thing packs some serious punch for its level.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
How is there much class diversity if classes are basically just all martial classes? Low fantasy and slow pace just sounds like a bunch of dudes dancing around a mob with different types of weapons.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Class diversity comes from mechanics, not aesthetics.
What are the mechanical differences? From what I've seen of the gameplay, it's basically slow ass EQ auto-attacks with long cooldown abilities.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
What are the mechanical differences? From what I've seen of the gameplay, it's basically slow ass EQ auto-attacks with long cooldown abilities.
That's accurate at low levels for sure. I'm ok with it though, I like that style of gameplay. It gives them room to grow and up the pace a bit with levels and abilities and maybe gear. I don't know if haste items are a thing. I only got to 14 or so in beta.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
That's accurate at low levels for sure. I'm ok with it though, I like that style of gameplay. It gives them room to grow and up the pace a bit with levels and abilities and maybe gear. I don't know if haste items are a thing. I only got to 14 or so in beta.

There are some haste items, one of the items you get from the bear has +2 haste. We've found a few other items as well and I'm sure it'll get better. I'm really digging the group play and mystery of the game. It's nice not knowing anything and figuring it out as you go.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goonsquad Officer
makes sense. yea i was kind of wonderingif there was any wacky tools, like feign death snare/fear or kiting. pushing mobs. anything that lets you commit jackassery

not pet caster yet i presume? cus low fantasy?