Embers Adrift

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Real quick note on trade skills; every Trade requires 2 types of harvested items, so read the notes from the quest givers before you proceed.

I wanted to Armor smith, so I needed Ores, and Leathers. So I took Prospecting first. That was a mistake. Take the Hunter first. That way you can skin everything while you level, and it will make getting to 6th level in it more of an aside than a focus. Then once again while working to get Prospecting and Hunting to 12 it will be smoother. You will quickly discover where the ore is and with a little focus, you'll get both to 12 at about the same time. Also, with armor smithing, leveling is very fast. With he leather and copper I had just from leveling I hit 13 armorer in about 1 minute, and still have several 100 of each copper and leather in my bank.

The huge let down for me is that you can only equip a few armor pieces due to the armor weight mechanic. You will not be able to equip a full set of Plate for example, until you are 30th level, when you have gained enough weight allowance.

Goonsquad Officer
yea mining nodes are horrifically harder to see than monster corpses or giant logs.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
So i signed up for an account, bought the game, then got an email saying it would take between 4 and 24 hours for the purchase to be verified. My account doesnt have a game download option, just a link to purchase the game still, like it hasn't registered that I bought it. Anyone else experience this?

Goonsquad Officer
So i signed up for an account, bought the game, then got an email saying it would take between 4 and 24 hours for the purchase to be verified. My account doesnt have a game download option, just a link to purchase the game still, like it hasn't registered that I bought it. Anyone else experience this?
nah i just went right into it within minutes of my purchase. downloaded the client, started it updating.

Goonsquad Officer
i did turn down the vegitation and had an easier time of it. they're certainly not easier to spot than the monsters with glowing hover letters, or the logs that are 10 feet long.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
You guys really need to calibrate your monitors, there is a damn built in tool in windows to do it. It won't be perfect but if your shit is that dark you're doing yourself a disservice.

Spend a few grand on a PC and leave the monitor at factory settings. This is how my game looks at night.

Embers_Adrift_WZiX2f4Phy.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Budrick

Molten Core Raider
Can anyone tell me exactly where the cv west arms cache is please? I've fucking looked everywhere for days.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can anyone tell me exactly where the cv west arms cache is please? I've fucking looked everywhere for days.
Should be at a camp up the hill close to the CV west entrance. You'll notice a path up in that area that has a bunch of bandits. The cache is a rack of weapons in the back.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Should be at a camp up the hill close to the CV west entrance. You'll notice a path up in that area that has a bunch of bandits. The cache is a rack of weapons in the back.

To be clear there are two entrance ces over there. One for the du geon and one a bit further north from the dungeon entrance. It is the second one.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
welp I take it as a sign from the gods that it was not meant to be.

This company (or rather, the 3rd party MyCommerce they contract for payment processing) is too incompetent to take my money, so they don't get my money. shame really but clearly they should have the "taking peoples money" part figured out if they were a serious company.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
You guys really need to calibrate your monitors, there is a damn built in tool in windows to do it. It won't be perfect but if your shit is that dark you're doing yourself a disservice.

Spend a few grand on a PC and leave the monitor at factory settings. This is how my game looks at night.

View attachment 439324
You know a screenshot is going to look different on someone else's monitor right? :emoji_laughing:

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Goonsquad Officer
my monitor looks like *a glare. because they make fucking monitors glossy these days*

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I always love games that make my new computer play like a potato. Is there anyway to change the micro text font to something that older people can fucking see? I turned down all options to min, and It still feels like I have a potato computer. The default draw distance is far too much. You can turn it all the way down and it's still further than most other games. No magic? I cancelled already. The thought of paying $20 a montrh to play this when stuff like new world is free, just feels wrong. They say to move around animals and get better attacks...all the animals just turn on the spot to face you...so many things wrong with this...beta. Will take a another look in a year or two.

Last edited: