Embers Adrift

Flattop

Trakanon Raider
Servers are up from Friday 12pm eastern until Tuesday 1pm eastern. They open briefly on Wednesday 9pm eastern for the weekly patch.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bought this a couple of weeks ago. Only played a couple of nights (almost zero free time these days), so haven't left the starting zone.

Had fun, bare bones game and ended up staying up too late playing. Had to start a new toon, because I did an intentional death run into a higher level area while exploring and forgot I would have to fight back to get my stuff. That brought back some very cool EQ memories.

You definitely don't have your hand held in this game. Have to figure stuff out while feeling lost in the map. But I liked that. Have no idea if this game has legs with the general gaming public though. Or even if I would like it after a few weeks of playing.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
LevelupLarry is supposed to be doing a stream in about 90 minutes(9:30PM Central) with one of the devs for the game.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How is it only EQ, DAOC, and WoW, have come up with good character models? These look like New World's shit models. No MMO has surpassed the OG EQ Character models.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Open beta this weekend if you have an account on their website.

1663085698614.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Release date October 15th. I'd like to see this game succeed just on principal, but I gotta say the little bit of time I spent playing in Open Beta didn't really appeal to me. I have to imagine it gets better with some more time played or if you bring friends. This one is probably a wait and see for me.

1664635621128.png

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone going to play this? Anyone already tried it? Worth a go?

I’ve read the thread but it’s not full of opinions or reviews, mostly discussion. Would love to hear from someone or if people can post a link to an actual decent review by a person and not a shill company that would be cool.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Was just about to post that. I didn't know they were releasing so soon. I guess I can get in on the 12th?

I think Xp rates were a bit slow for beta but should be about right for final.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Hmm for a quick review I'd say it's a good solid old style mmo. Tab targeting (with defensive), simple gear that doesn't need half your screen to display, low fantasy.

Slow leveling, real darkness, dangerous enemies. Good group combinations but you don't necessarily need specific classes. Can usually grab a tank, healer, damage and fill the rest with whatever.

The deeper you go in a dungeon the scarier it gets because you realize there's no way you'll be able to get back to your stuff alone if you die.

• 1Like

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Here is what I think is one the main issues with the game
1664639667991.png

• 1Like

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’m tempted to try it but I’m guessing it’s one of those steam games I’ll buy, play for a day or two, and never touch again.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Damn, there's a sub. I was going to check it out but I'll wait for a 3 month verdict before jumping in.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
From the sounds of it this shit was severely lacking in content. How did they manage to slip in all that content in a few months? Or is this still severely lacking?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The fact that this is only available through their website and not a major service like Steam, Origin, etc. throws up major red flags.

• 1Like

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Why is that a red flag? 99% of MMO didn't launched on any digital distribution platform on day one.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
If it is lacking content not many will know about it. The limited test times and slow leveling means most were still in the low teens. I did explore into the 2 zones connected to the 10ish zone, but I didn't get very far. There is supposedly a path up to 50, but I don't know how many choices you have of where to go etc.