End of the world thread 12/21/12

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
End of the world party at my house, just in case, I won't be drinking.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What time is this supposed to happen? 00:00:01 ? 09:43:39? High Noon? It's a Friday, so this is important.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
LoL just realized I took the day off so if the world does end at least I will not be at that shit I work at. Seriously fuck that place I hope the earth opens up and shallows our building first.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
LoL just realized I took the day off so if the world does end at least I will not be at that shit I work at. Seriously fuck that place I hope the earth opens up and shallows our building first.
I hope it ends so I don't have to go into work. Infinite day weekend.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Does anyone in this community actually believe shit is going to end? If so call it now.
Not on December 21st, 2012. And not end of the world. But I think we've got a good shot at the end of civilization as we know it 2020-2040 from (in order of probability) of crazies getting a hold of bad stuff (Nukes, Smallpox, wtf) (HIGH), electronic frying solar flare (Low), pollution/overpopulation/foodriots (Medium).

I like to think we get a technological fix for most of this by 2050 but maybe the odds go up.

Of course eventually, on a long enough timeline, the survival rate drops to zero.

Seeing as to how the Mayans setup shop around 90?L I'd say more like 12-11 Central.
smile.png

Seriously though, yeah the Mayans actually had a pretty advanced calendar, and did freaky stuff like know about the 11 year solar cycle. And they were pretty advanced in Astronomy, Language and Architecture. But they were also brutal savages who performed live human sacrifices and worshiped corn (the crop) as an almighty god.

All in all I'm very disappointed the Mayans are in fact a bunch of idiots and the world won't be ending on the 21st
frown.png

smile.png

frown.png

smile.png

frown.png

smile.png

frown.png

Solariss

Golden Squire
I have to admit, I had some time off work a while back, and I probably spent a good 10 hours trolling the 2012 forum on survivalistboards.com . There are some SEVERELY demented people over there. People that are absolutely sure they have been abducted by aliens *multiple times*. One wrote a whole post on how he killed a small gray alien. One believed that he was abducted, and that they physically removed his brain, copied it, and then put his brain back into his body, and the copy in a jar, and that he was able to see from both points of view at the same time (I know, no eyes on the copy, etc.) Almost all of them believe in Niburu or whatever the supposed planet is that these retards think is like hiding on the other side of the sun waiting to smash into earth. They believe in magical numbers, prophecies from Alzeimer patients, and of course Nostradamus. If you troll over there, look for jimmykeller or icesplitter. Absolutely insane.
Icesplitter ain't fucking around bro. It seems that the jump in gold prices can only be attributed to the fact that we are setting aside reserves and donating it to Planet X to maintain the world known as Niburu. I think he's on to something here...

xzi

Mouthbreather
I just hope anybody who actually believes doesn't go crazy and start looting shops and killing people.

Well, they did that on Black Friday, but on a larger scale.

Sylverlokk

Golden Knight of the Realm
^ heh.

I'm going to grab a 6 pack and enjoy chilling online watching all the crazies go nuts when the world doesn't end.

Anyone have some good suggestions for boards where all the Lumie's hang out?
I think I'm gonna watchSeeking a Friend for the End of the Worldand cry myself to sleep, forever alone.

fucker_sl

shitlord
I just hope anybody who actually believes doesn't go crazy and start looting shops and killing people.

Well, they did that on Black Friday, but on a larger scale.
i suppose we will see something close to when the last pope died. The number of obligatory recoveries for psychotic episodes have skyrocketed for months in some countries

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Icesplitter ain't fucking around bro. It seems that the jump in gold prices can only be attributed to the fact that we are setting aside reserves and donating it to Planet X to maintain the world known as Niburu. I think he's on to something here...
Holy shit.
smile.png
Ok I'm going to have to go there right now and copy paste some awesome posts!

-----

Title: So When I was Young I Killed What You Call A Grey Alien.

I Killed it with a Knife, but they got the Body and Took it away. It still Haunts me knowing that they remind me of Camel Spiders, but in a Way they actually helped me to accept Things that horrify me.
Atleast I can say that I've never been "Abducted", and that they will never "Get me".

If they even tried, it would be their End.
It's like the "Creeps" won't let me live comfortably, but I don't let them get away with it Either.

----

Once as a kid I had an eerie experience, I remember waking up and feeling like something was terribly wrong and walked around our farm house, must've been between 7 and 9 years old. I don't remember seeing any of them (greys) back then but that feeling, it's the same when they suppress you to sleep.

I only know the feeling from when it happened twice recently, but thinking back on that it was very similar. So we are a big science experiment. I should smash the matrix computer with a wrench, because I know where it lives, aliens be damned. Everything be damned really, if I smash it the universe will fail to exist, there would again be nothing.

Would nothing be preferable to something? Probably if the something is constant pain. Smash with wrench, don't smash with wrench. I am confounded by the linear existence that is reality. We think we have choice. Obviously I can't smash with wrench because I exist.

Sometimes thinking out loud is just as confusing to others.

----

(great one)

No I don't suffer migraines or take medication, and no they didn't speak to me (though I tried verbally to communicate to no avail during one encounter where they performed a medical procedure on my back).

A couple of the encounters were in near dream states like the one mentioned above (suppressed mental activity) so the memory of it is more like a dream memory than reality, but there are a few events which occurred in lucid reality.

In my basement one night around 3 am after all my friends had gone offline I went to the bathroom before I turned in, and looking in the window at me was a small creature, about 2 feet tall, which when I looked at it ran away into the night.

It walked upright on 2 thin legs and was frail in appearance though ran ably enough when I saw it. I didn't see details as it was silhouetted from the moonlight but I saw its silhouette clearly enough to realize it was no animal or human.

The other event which is out of place (and this one still hurts my eyes when I think about it...) is I was awake, in a jar or clear tube filled with a transparent fluid, no body, no mouth, just a brain in a jar with needles connected to a machine that penetrated into my eyeballs, I could feel them but with the machine off I could also see past them and through the fluid my brain was suspended in to see a (slightly blurry) short gray aliens face. I used photoshop to try and recreate it a bit, it's close to the one I linked there, though not exact.

It was doing something to the machine I'm connected to, the one I'm probably in even now, being deceived into believing is reality when my reality is that I'm merely a brain connected to a highly advanced computer.

Anyway, after I grasped the situation I was in (not having a body, mouth, or any kind of sensory input except the dull pain from the needles in my eyes), I noticed him reach to my right and as he did, I was instantly back in my body in what you might call a lucid waking state, the way I am right now and you probably are, there was no transition, I was just instantly back in my body in the here and now.

That event lasted less than 30 seconds before I was back in what you would consider to be reality with no discernible difference between what I am experiencing now.

There are other events but those put everything I need to know in perspective for me quite well. I'm no more than a brain in a jar connected to a highly advanced alien computer. My reality is an illusion, I've seen the magician.

----

Haha ok I can't take wading through their stupidity any more!

smile.png

smile.png

smile.png

Sparko

Silver Knight of the Realm
Didn't people sell off all their worldly possessions back in the 80's when the rapture was suppose to suck them all up into the sky?

I'll be watching craigslist in hopes in fleecing people of their shit at pennies on the dollar.

Blide_sl

shitlord
Didn't people sell off all their worldly possessions back in the 80's when the rapture was suppose to suck them all up into the sky?
This happens all the time. Last big one was in May of last year when some Christian radio guy was insistent the world was ending despite his last 2 predictions being wrong. He actually had volunteers who sold all their shit and traveled the country telling people how the world was ending.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
This happens all the time. Last big one was in May of last year when some Christian radio guy was insistent the world was ending despite his last 2 predictions being wrong. He actually had volunteers who sold all their shit and traveled the country telling people how the world was ending.
Ahhhhahahh I remember that one, was hilarious.

It actually happens more often than you think. There was a massive one back in the 19th century iirc, the bible and Revelations has hardwired the idea of some apocalyptic end of the world into our civilization. Personally I don't see why people find the idea so appealing, but there you go.

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It's win win being sane.

If it turns out all the logical thinkers are wrong and the world does indeed end, then all the people who are right will be too busy getting burned to death to say "I told you so."