Energy Drink Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Had the Reign Melon Mania today and it was alright. Certainly wasn't life changing or nothing.

Got the Reign blue flavor as well. Will have that one tomorrow.

Crone

Had the Reign Melon Mania today and it was alright. Certainly wasn't life changing or nothing.

Got the Reign blue flavor as well. Will have that one tomorrow.
REIGN Razzle Berry flavor is disgusting. 1 sip, and I tossed it out. Super fake tasting, and just gross.

Gonna be a sleepy day today!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, that razzle berry is nasty. Since they seem to always be 2 for 1 at wawa or heritage's, I typically get a green apple and a lemonade. Both are pretty good.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
All the reigns and bangs taste weird to me, the only one I really liked was the Bang Pina Colada but it was way too sweet.

Regime Regime , is the battle juice Gfuel good? What about the Blue Chug Rug or whatever? Eyeballing those for the next BOGO

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
All the reigns and bangs taste weird to me, the only one I really liked was the Bang Pina Colada but it was way too sweet.

Regime Regime , is the battle juice Gfuel good? What about the Blue Chug Rug or whatever? Eyeballing those for the next BOGO
Battle Juice is decent. It was good for a change. Probably amazing with rum.

Crone

G-Fuel has some decent flavors, but no matter what shaker bottle or mixer I use, it comes out grainy enough that you know it's from a powder just tasting it. It sucks. Can't get into it so I still just buy my canned energy drinks.

Getting pretty burned out on energy drinks in general. Bang was pretty fun for a while trying all the new flavors, but none really stuck out as amazing. I have my go to Monster or Rockstar drinks, but overall I don't really get a benefit from them so why drink them?

Might look into and start taking half dose of pre-workout or something.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
just saw Rockstar "XDURANCE" Blue Raz flavor for the first time. definitely better than the other two xdurance flavors i've tried. but still kinda meh.

also, i saw a new flavor of 5 Hour Energy Extra Strength -- Cherry flavor. nothing fancy, but i like cherry and i like 5HEES so i bought one. then it disappeared in my car when i had to slam on the brakes. the whole thing is clean, absolutely nothing else on the floor or under the seats to conceal it. i can't find any nooks or crannies it could have disappeared to. it seems to be just gone. very weird.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
G-Fuel has some decent flavors, but no matter what shaker bottle or mixer I use, it comes out grainy enough that you know it's from a powder just tasting it. It sucks. Can't get into it so I still just buy my canned energy drinks.

Getting pretty burned out on energy drinks in general. Bang was pretty fun for a while trying all the new flavors, but none really stuck out as amazing. I have my go to Monster or Rockstar drinks, but overall I don't really get a benefit from them so why drink them?

Might look into and start taking half dose of pre-workout or something.
Last night I ordered the gfuel BOGO, this morning I thought to myself I should just stop drinking energy stuff. Then it was like fuck I just ordered more

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
just saw Rockstar "XDURANCE" Blue Raz flavor for the first time. definitely better than the other two xdurance flavors i've tried. but still kinda meh.

also, i saw a new flavor of 5 Hour Energy Extra Strength -- Cherry flavor. nothing fancy, but i like cherry and i like 5HEES so i bought one. then it disappeared in my car when i had to slam on the brakes. the whole thing is clean, absolutely nothing else on the floor or under the seats to conceal it. i can't find any nooks or crannies it could have disappeared to. it seems to be just gone. very weird.

I had the red XDURANCE and I could not drink it. It was very off putting.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I had the red XDURANCE and I could not drink it. It was very off putting.

yeah the red was horrible, i never bought a second one of those. the blue is okayish, i've bought i think 3 of those total ever. this blue raspberry is considerably better, the first of the three that actually has a decent enough flavor to be worth the trade off when seeking a stronger energy drink (300mg caffeine and supposedly a better balance of other energy junk if you actually buy into that stuff doing anything haha)

Crone

Had a 5 hour energy today that a friend picked up for me. That thing got me pretty buzzed for a little while. Felt great!

Might switch to those instead of the Monsters and Rockstars that I'm totally immune too.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Maybe it has something to do with how fast you consume it vs a monster

Yeah, this is it for me. If I slam a Rockstar I definitely feel it, compared to if I drink it normally. 5 hour energy only has 215mg caffeine while the avg. Rockstar has 240mg.

Crone

Some days it doesn't go so fast, but most days I'm slamming that shit in minutes. Love the carbonation burn!

Crone

Had an extra strength 5 hour today and it didn't do shit. Not sure why the one I had earlier in the week actually gave me a buzz for a little while. Empty stomach I know can make a difference. Bummer. Guess I'll just start doing coke, and blame it on the energy drinks. Lol

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Had an extra strength 5 hour today and it didn't do shit. Not sure why the one I had earlier in the week actually gave me a buzz for a little while. Empty stomach I know can make a difference. Bummer. Guess I'll just start doing coke, and blame it on the energy drinks. Lol

I really think I'm going to try to kick the habit. I'm almost out of GFuel, and I feel like I haven't been having as much lately anyways. Water is just so boring :(

Crone

I really think I'm going to try to kick the habit. I'm almost out of GFuel, and I feel like I haven't been having as much lately anyways. Water is just so boring :(
Sparkling Ice drinks, in certain flavors are really good. Fresca is really good. The occasional Diet Coke works. Strawberry banana orange Crystal Light flavor is fucking amazing. Powerade Zero Orange > Blue > Purple > Red. Gatorade equivalent isn't as good IMO.

You're right, water is damn boring, but I've found a few things that aren't bad at all and I just stock my house full of them and have them around constantly.

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
Had a 5 hour energy today that a friend picked up for me. That thing got me pretty buzzed for a little while. Felt great!

Might switch to those instead of the Monsters and Rockstars that I'm totally immune too.

Costco sells their Kirkland version of 5 Hour Energy for really cheap. 48 bottles for $36. Last month they had it on sale for about $8 off and my girl friend grabbed 2 cartons.