Epic Games Storefront - A Good Incentive for Piracy

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
How about...

Epic Games Store - Cheaper games and the Developer gets a bigger cut

But I get it... why be truthful, when the clever or humorous zingers are right there? The funnies and gotcha's are what really matters, right? We don't want no competition! Give us Walmart, McDonald's, and Steam!
You know what, Epic Games store was a decent idea, they could force Steam to clean up its act a little bit... Then they proceeded to punch themselves in the ballsack for a few days in a row and step on every rake in sight.
So yeah they deserve all the grief they are getting for shitting the bed so thoroughly in the last few days.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
How about...

Epic Games Store - Cheaper games and the Developer gets a bigger cut

But I get it... why be truthful, when the clever or humorous zingers are right there? The funnies and gotcha's are what really matters, right? We don't want no competition! Give us Walmart, McDonald's, and Steam!

Competition doesn't exist when Epic refuses to let there be any competition.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Because it wouldn't be truthful and would be completely glossing over all the glaring problems the "platform" has. You want it to be a truthful title? How about one of these:

Epic Games Store - Less Features Than a Pantheon Update
Epic Games Store - An Endless Series of Incompetent Missteps
Epic Games Store - Buying Their Way Into Failure
Epic Games Store - Less Of A Cut, Less Features, Less Support, Less Integrity, Less Understanding Of The Industry, Less, Less, Less, Less, Less
Epic Games Store - It's Good Enough For The Idiots

You don't get filet mignon at McDonalds. Sometimes cheaper with fewer "features" is exactly what the market wants.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Competition doesn't exist when Epic refuses to let there be any competition.
Steam has just as much (probably MORE) ability to get exclusives on their platform if they want to do what it takes to get them. Just because you don't like the version of competition going on, doesn't mean there isn't any.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
This already existed on other storefronts that didn't force exclusivity
So you rail against McD's because Burger King doesn't have the Big Mac? Exclusivity is open to any platform that wants to pay the price to get them.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
So you rail against McD's because Burger King doesn't have the Big Mac? Exclusivity is open to any platform that wants to pay the price to get them.

This is a surprisingly shit analogy for you. I don't rail against either, because McDonalds isn't trying to prevent burger King from selling hamburgers, and is actually putting effort into their product.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
This is a surprisingly shit analogy for you. I don't rail against either, because McDonalds isn't trying to prevent burger King from selling hamburgers, and is actually putting effort into their product.
Steam sells video games. Epic sells video games. Just because Epic gets a couple exclusives that Steam doens't get doesn't mean Steam all of a sudden stops selling video games. If you want a Big Mac GO TO MCDONALDS.

The fact you think Epic "doesn't put effort' into it's product is laughable.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I've said my piece in here, just enjoy watching the same 3 guys bitch up a storm. Really entertaining, hope it continues.
Meanwhile the rest of us will go about using Epic Store, Steam, and whatever else, with little to no issues.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Steam sells video games. Epic sells video games. Just because Epic gets a couple exclusives that Steam doens't get doesn't mean Steam all of a sudden stops selling video games. If you want a Big Mac GO TO MCDONALDS.

The fact you think Epic "doesn't put effort' into it's product is laughable.

Out of the past 6 games or so I've been interested in buying, 4 of them were turned into EGS exclusives. This is Epic trying to force me onto their store or be deprived of a fucking hamburger.

And you're fucking delusional if you look at the EGS and see anything reaching any sort of effort. The fucking Chinese food places in my area have a better built storefront.

The store is shit. Their approach to an industry that has always been resistant to bullshit is shit. The retarded "oh well" shruggery of faggots just accepting it without a complaint is shit.

But I don't even need to argue this shit. Epic is doing a better job at convincing people how fucking terrible they are than I ever could.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Out of the past 6 games or so I've been interested in buying, 4 of them were turned into EGS exclusives. This is Epic trying to force me onto their store or be deprived of a fucking BIG MAC.

You keep getting it wrong on so many levels.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
You keep getting it wrong on so many levels.

If I want a hamburger, I have a choice between any place that makes a hamburger. If I want a specific type of hamburger, I have a choice between any place that makes that hamburger. McD's has the Big Mac. It's theirs. BK has the whopper. That's theirs. This is something they created and are free to sell any fucking damn way they please. When McD's starts buying out the rights to every type of Cheeseburger they get their hands on so you have no choice but to go to McD's for a Cheeseburger: I'll bitch about it like I am this.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
If I want a hamburger, I have a choice between any place that makes a hamburger. If I want a specific type of hamburger, I have a choice between any place that makes that hamburger. McD's has the Big Mac. It's theirs. BK has the whopper. That's theirs. This is something they created and are free to sell any fucking damn way they please. When McD's starts buying out the rights to every type of Cheeseburger they get their hands on so you have no choice but to go to McD's for a Cheeseburger: I'll bitch about it like I am this.
You want a specific game? Go to the store selling it. You want Halo? Buy an XBox. You want Days Gone? Buy a PS4. You want Super Mario World? Buy a Wii. You want something eclusive to the Epic Store, THEN GO TO THE FUCKING STORE.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
You want a specific game? Go to the store selling it. You want Halo? Buy an XBox. You want Days Gone? Buy a PS4. You want Super Mario World? Buy a Wii. You want something eclusive to the Epic Store, THEN GO TO THE FUCKING STORE.

I didn't need to do this until EGS because games were generally available on all stores other than publisher specific ones, which provided the strengths that people use to lift up Epic. You know, the stores that provided exactly what you claimed the market wanted and conveniently stopped focusing on when pointed out how your point was irrelevant.

Let me know when they manage to stop tripping over their own dick for at least a week and I'll be happy to consider the empty argument you're making.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I didn't need to do this until EGS because games were generally available on all stores other than publisher specific ones, which provided the strengths that people use to lift up Epic. You know, the stores that provided exactly what you claimed the market wanted and conveniently stopped focusing on when pointed out how your point was irrelevant.

Let me know when they manage to stop tripping over their own dick for at least a week and I'll be happy to consider the empty argument you're making.

My point isn't at all irrelevant. If Epic is successful doing things in a cheaper fashion while also being able to afford platform specific exclusives, then the market will have spoken. The fact they can't stop screwing things up when it comes to communication with the publishers / developers is what's irrelevant to my argument. If that is what sinks them, then so be it.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
This analogy is very apt.
If you want a game you could go to any store with games. If you want a SPECIFIC game, you go the store with that specific game. Make a lot of sense to me. It's what I've already been doing since the invention of games. Thanks for the tip.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
My point isn't at all irrelevant. If Epic is successful doing things in a cheaper fashion while also being able to afford platform specific exclusives, then the market will have spoken. The fact they can't stop screwing things up when it comes to communication with the publishers / developers is what's irrelevant to my argument. If that is what sinks them, then so be it.

It's not a cheaper fashion. They're offloading the billing costs to the developer. That low cut is not as low as it seems, and is higher in the end than some stores that existed before they did. Your point was that the market wanted wants, but it already had it.

This analogy is very apt.
If you want a game you could go to any store with games. If you want a SPECIFIC game, you go the store with that specific game. Make a lot of sense to me. It's what I've already been doing since the invention of games. Thanks for the tip.

You've been forced to buy specific games at a specific store since the invention of games, have you? Tell me about all the Wal-Mart only games you've bought, or the K-Mart only ones, or the Sears ones. And no, consoles aren't stores, they're platforms.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
It's not a cheaper fashion. They're offloading the billing costs to the developer. That low cut is not as low as it seems, and is higher in the end than some stores that existed before they did. Your point was that the market wanted wants, but it already had it.

You've been forced to buy specific games at a specific store since the invention of games, have you? Tell me about all the Wal-Mart only games you've bought, or the K-Mart only ones, or the Sears ones. And no, consoles aren't stores, they're platforms.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
25 games out of 50+ years of video games. Wow, what a compelling argument. And still irrelevant as I would have taken issue with those too.

Does Epic even have 25 exclusives?? Wow, you are such a whiney bitch.

"Facts that obliterate my argument are irrelevant."

Ok....

• 1Salty