Epic Games Storefront - A Good Incentive for Piracy

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'd love to see the bottom line of how many bought a game after getting all the free games they've been giving out. I look and see what the free games are and activated a few. I can't remember even browsing thru the store.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd love to see the bottom line of how many bought a game after getting all the free games they've been giving out. I look and see what the free games are and activated a few. I can't remember even browsing thru the store.
I was wondering how many people claim the games and actually play them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>

This. I played through subnautica (which was awesome) but otherwise I just see the notification that a new game is available for free, claim it and then forget about it

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Conservation doesn't mean they don't log. just means they don't develop. Most state forests, conserves will rotate cuts.
they definitely do log public land. And unless you want forest fires it's a good thing.

Drive around the ga/nc mountains sometime off the main highways. You can see strips in the forest sometimes.

Borzak

This. I played through subnautica (which was awesome) but otherwise I just see the notification that a new game is available for free, claim it and then forget about it

Same. Subnautica only one I played. Some of them I don't even claim.

• 1Like

Borzak

When I was in school the definition of converervation was the wise and non wasting use of natural resources. That included logging and other things. Of course the definition is wishy washy over time. You can conserve and develop at the same time. To not do anything is preservation and doesn't normally work out so well in living and dynamic forest.

Last edited:

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Well I have 16 free games (I'm that bad about remembering to check out the freebies) and have played ... ZERO.
... and I guess I'm part of the majority.

• 1Like

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah. I'm almost feeling bad for grabbing free games, and not buying anything from them.
and, until like a week ago, I didn't play any of those freebees either.

I did start going in and checking them out recently.

Epic store needs alot of work still though.
Sorting, catagories, etc. you click the store, and you just get this giant useless page of Title images. likes its 1980 in the VHS rental store, and they are trying to sell y0ou games via box art exclusively. They don''t tell you what kind of game any of them even are.
And, the price tags, do not say what amount of discount there is, when there is a sale. like 40% off, 50% off, etc..

your Library.
no categories. "played, not played, etc"
Clicking a game in your library directly asks if you want to install it. instead of taking you to its storepage, to let you even remember wtf game it even is.
(if you use the image version of library, you can click the title name above the graphic, to go to the store page. List version, I dont know if theres a way.)

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I’ve played quite a few of the free games and bought Hades back in May when you could get it for like $10.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider

I believe Observation was free a few weeks ago? It's pretty short, but it's been pretty well received. More of a narrative with small puzzle elements, but I thought it was cool.

If you like Simulation games, Surviving Mars is worth checking out.

Enter the Gungeon and Celeste were both games given out for free as well.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh, Darksiders 3 is 20.39. I liked Darksiders 1 and 2 anyone care to chime in on if that is still over priced?

I ain't played it yet but it has the worst reviews of the three so far, and they apparently changed directions again and went in more of a Souls-esque direction this time.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Thought it was kinda bleh but didn't play it much. It's in the vault for Origin Premier members.

spronk

FPS noob
i got it as a gift for xbox, played for a few hours, and traded it in. It seems perfectly fine, but really not that interesting and visually it looked super weak. feels like the kinda game that'll be on gamepass, PS+, freebie epic store, etc real soon. The world feels pretty empty and the boss fight (the first one anyways) was really boring.

or as meSteveo says, just wait a month, get a month of Origin premiere ($15) and play Star Wars Fallen Order, this, and a few other decent games for a month or two and unsub

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
i got it as a gift for xbox, played for a few hours, and traded it in. It seems perfectly fine, but really not that interesting and visually it looked super weak. feels like the kinda game that'll be on gamepass, PS+, freebie epic store, etc real soon. The world feels pretty empty and the boss fight (the first one anyways) was really boring.

or as meSteveo says, just wait a month, get a month of Origin premiere ($15) and play Star Wars Fallen Order, this, and a few other decent games for a month or two and unsub
Pretty sure it was one of the PS+ games last month?

goishen

Macho Ma'am
EA hints at return to Steam

Didn't really know where to put it, but this could mean some real shakeups over at EA. This could also mean that Valve requires EA to have a linux form of Origin, instead of the shitty spotty one that we currently have. Heh, as if Windows is that much better.

And it's going to be interesting to see what they do with all of the games that you currently own on Origin.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Why would it be more than just they're on their marketplace again now that they've established the Origin store? I'm not buying EA games anywhere anytime soon w/ Origin Premier and there's no way EA is getting rid of services that give them money directly. Why wouldn't this just be an alternative storefront and it launches Origin as DRM to any EA games?

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I think it's for a couple'a possible reasons.

1. They want all the money. If this means going back to Steam, so be it. 70% of something is a lot better than 100% of nothing.
2. They're starting to lose money with Origin Prime. This is a theory. But they're starting to see prime cutoffs and re-enacts and then cut-offs again.

EDIT : Premiere. Whatever.