Epic Games Storefront - A Good Incentive for Piracy

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Thankfully they're spending time expanding on the store experience at the moment.

I actually wish Steam would do the same in some areas. The new library and some of the limited time sale event pages are really nice, while their product, community and other pages feel really dated by comparison.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Edit: Annnndddd it's my own dumbass that has been the problem all along. Ended up searching Google's help directory to find some answers. I had signed up a long time ago for unrollme, a website that yes, basically reads all your emails, but will help "clean up your inbox" by unsubscribing to shit you don't want. Turns out, it doesn't actually unsubscribe to anything, but just auto moves them to the Trash, so you don't see them anymore. Found this out, when I would see an email notification from epic pop up on my phone, then immediately disappear. Was like wtf? Looked in trash, and the Epic emails are there. Then I move them back to Inbox, only to have them auto move back to Trash. Glad I figured it out, but jokes on me this time.

Submitted a ticket to Epic about not being able to receive the verification code email from the app. I completely understand account security, and they are just following protocol, but they send me an email saying I need to verify the email address associated with the account I gave them.

I'm emailing them from the damn email they are trying to have me verify.... I mean come on! Shake my head, but as said, I get it, they have to follow their scripts, no matter what.

Last edited:

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The twelve days of free games gave me lots of games that I’ve been at least interested enough to install and try out. Just bought that Shogun game a few weeks ago on steam so that was a bummer, but I don’t begrudge giving the devs some extra cash. Seems like a solid game.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
A couple new games on / coming to EGS that look interesting.

Industries of Titan - a city builder with some neat concepts, like building out the interiors of your buildings and merging buildings together. Early access started this week.

Old World - a 4x from the lead designer of Civ4 and developer of Offworld Trading Company. Looks like Civ, but every turn is a year.

spronk

FPS noob
GTA 5 will be on EGS for free starting tomorrow, rumor is witcher 3 will be next. shits crazy!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
EGS crashes constantly and http error 500 all day so far.

Now some people are getting raw code misloads full of chinese letters. Probably just as a reminder Tencent owns 40% of EGS I guess.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean, I'm glad people are excited, but GTA 5 is 7 years old now, and Witcher 3 is 5 years old.

That they're giving them away isn't some miracle of giveaways.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I mean, I'm glad people are excited, but GTA 5 is 7 years old now, and Witcher 3 is 5 years old.

Exactly this. But if anything, I've learned that the world is full of lots of gamers, and most of them don't want to pay a dime for their games. Lol

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I already owned on Steam, and went ahead and claimed it on the Epic store. I'm sure I just cost Epic $5-15.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

I don't have either. Neither not really my type of game but I'll check them out for free. Publicity I guess, I'm not sure how many people that those are their types of games haven't already bought them on steam.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I bought GTA5 on PS3 and PS4 but have since went pcmr so i'll gladly grab this for free. Same with TW3 and PS4.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got the free GTA V and then used the $10 discount code to buy Red Dead 2 for $38, can't be angry about that.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
As someone who never got around to really playing this.. sweet. Is there a reason this is an install of 94 gigs though? lol

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I have this on PS4. I just topped 50 million. Got all the buildings, upgrades, tons of cars, etc. I just downloaded this. I guess what I'm saying is...

1589518580071.png

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
As someone who never got around to really playing this.. sweet. Is there a reason this is an install of 94 gigs though? lol

With the size and the detail of the world they've built, it's the most justified install size of any game I own probably.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Flight

Molten Core Raider
So yeah you get a free 10 dollar coupon to use on another game, including those on sale.

Then if the game you use the coupon on is over 14 bucks something - before coupon - you get another 10 dollar coupon. Every time.

Get GTA V for free, get coupon.

then buy Far Cry New Dawn for 5 bucks, get 10 dollar coupon

then buy Farming Simulator 19 for 4 bucks, get 10 dollar coupon

then buy Control for 13 bucks, get 10 dollar coupon.....

etc etc

Epic store just got real.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I already owned on Steam, and went ahead and claimed it on the Epic store. I'm sure I just cost Epic $5-15.

Doubt it, since GTAV has been about shark card sales for years.

On top of that, since you installed a game and have the platform, they can claim +1 active user, which improves their position.

• 1Truth!

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Civ 6 for free this week. Pretty much confirms the leaks, which means Borderlands: Handsome collection and ARK should be the next two. Stoked for Civ, but already got the other two. I saved my $10 coupon from last week hoping to stack it with another this week, but I didn't get one so either you can only get 1 at a time or they aren't giving out the coupon for free this time.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Coupons are one at a time, you get one after every qualifying purchase (use one, get one). It's Epic giving you $10 to spend on each item, even if it's already on sale, basically.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Coupons are one at a time, you get one after every qualifying purchase (use one, get one). It's Epic giving you $10 to spend on each item, even if it's already on sale, basically.

Yeah that makes sense, should of read the fine print. Oh well, 30 bucks for Control and AC:O ain't bad.