Epic Games Storefront - A Good Incentive for Piracy

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
This happens with some frequency. I assume it's caused by server load, but it has always come back in the past. No reason to believe this time will be any different.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Shit got real now.

1597348231071.png

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Apple owns the marketplace. They can do what they want just like Epic is doing on PC with their store.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Apple owns the marketplace. They can do what they want just like Epic is doing on PC with their store.

That would be a better comparison if EGS was the only way to install anything on you PC.

Meanwhile, in Fortnite:

1597349109306.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Basically they are going to have to prove why Apple needs to open up it's ecosystem. Something Apple has successfully combatted for years back when people wanted to make Mac Clones and Apple shut it down. Going to be a fun case to watch. Either way both companies suck ass.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Its too easy to have monopolies online, since so much time and money goes into creating these Goliath tech companies and getting a userbase. Not many others can ever compete. I don't know what the solution is, but we should all be routing for Epic here.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
They will most likely lose. They broke the rules of the contract.
Without have read any of the shit I'm sure the fight is probably along the lines of unlawful contract because monopolistic behavior, jargon along those lines. It's actually a fight I feel like we want Epic to win

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, it's a bit bigger of an issue than 'to use our store, you have to agree to the terms'. It's closer to the Internet Explorer antitrust suit from the late 90s.