Grabbed Control and Hades...

hgk6wwes66051.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
EGS's $10 (off $14.99+) coupon is good for another 11 days, I ended up buying

Control + season pass (two seperate purchases to use 2 coupons)
Civ VI (free) + Gathering Storm DLC ($10) + Rise and Fall DLC ($5) + Scenario Pack Bundle ($5) = $20 for most of the DLCs

ironically more than I've spent on the steam store in the past year

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bought Hades due to the praise in this thread or the deals thread, can’t remember. If I have never played a Far Cry game... should I get 5 or New Dawn?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
3 and 4 are both way better than 5, but if it's just between those two then go with 5. New Dawn was terrible; I finished 5 (100% aside from DLC) despite its mediocrity but couldn't take more than about 3 hours of New Dawn. The main antagonists would even give Borderlands 3's a run for their money in cringe factor.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Bought Hades due to the praise in this thread or the deals thread, can’t remember. If I have never played a Far Cry game... should I get 5 or New Dawn?

Depending on if you intend to binge or play it occasionally over a longer period, worth considering just picking up uplay+ for a month or so instead of deciding between them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

5 is really fun for 5-10 hours and then it gets super grindy and repetitive like honestly every ubisoft game made in the last 10 years

far cry 3 is probably the best far cry game, interestingly if you buy the FC5 gold edition you get FC3 free (deluxe on PC, remastered on console) with it. Far Cry 4 and Primal aren't bad, but really like yakuza once you play one Far Cry game you probably shouldn't play another for at least a year or two. All Far Cry games are standalone and there is no story tie ins between them, except New Dawn is a "20 years later" xpac to FC5.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Through a third party like Nexus or manually place the mod in the folder.
shame, nexus mods suffers from the same issue steam workshop does: completely uncurated collection of outdated and obsolete mods.

one of their two large feautred front page mods is completly obsolete at that point and should be hidden or removed
1591707507895.png

bleh, without tags and filters nexusmods is even worse than the steam workshop if you're just browsing...

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone else lose all of their games? Got signed out, now when I sign in the only game showing in my library is Subnautica (only game I have installed). All of the free games I've collected since EGS was released are gone, and they're obviously not free now

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yep, same here. Didn't get signed out, just all games that weren't installed are gone.

This might be the death of Epic.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone else lose all of their games? Got signed out, now when I sign in the only game showing in my library is Subnautica (only game I have installed). All of the free games I've collected since EGS was released are gone, and they're obviously not free now
Yep, same here. Didn't get signed out, just all games that weren't installed are gone.

This might be the death of Epic.

scha·den·freu·de
/ˈSHädənˌfroidə/
noun

1. pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
epic store is fucked up right now login servers are borked so not a big surprise. every time i start it, it asks me to login and is only showing me games i bought. don't uninstall etc it'll fix itself eventually