Epic Seven

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Molten Core Raider
I didnt use Kiris on 90, especially with so many fire element enemies early on. I had enough trouble keeping Bellona alive when I tried it with her. Floor 90 is all about managing debuffs and immunity imo. I came close a few times but in the final phase when ML Tenebria is below 50% you can from a perfect run to a wipe in one turn if she lands debuffs. I ended up using a big damage Luna, C. Armin, a fast Tamarinne (using potion vial), and Angelica (also using potion vial) when I finally beat it. Having all that immunity is what finally pulled it off.

Just dont bring units that rely on buffs or debuffs as these will have very detrimental effects on your run. Also dont rely on units that need to soulburn anything because after Phase 1, you wont have any souls :p

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I didnt use Kiris on 90, especially with so many fire element enemies early on. I had enough trouble keeping Bellona alive when I tried it with her. Floor 90 is all about managing debuffs and immunity imo. I came close a few times but in the final phase when ML Tenebria is below 50% you can from a perfect run to a wipe in one turn if she lands debuffs. I ended up using a big damage Luna, C. Armin, a fast Tamarinne (using potion vial), and Angelica (also using potion vial) when I finally beat it. Having all that immunity is what finally pulled it off.

Just dont bring units that rely on buffs or debuffs as these will have very detrimental effects on your run. Also dont rely on units that need to soulburn anything because after Phase 1, you wont have any souls :p
I get to Spectre phase relatively easy but Angelica's immunity get unsynced and she starts hammering everyone down. Bellona missed a shit ton also in the end.

Only got her to 50% with Angelica, bellona Dizzy and Tamarinne. Might change dizzy for Luna next try.

Molten Core Raider
Bellona is scary to bring due to that unavoidable S3 going off from too many S1's. Tene will throw out stuns and a cr pushback on your team if you debuff her, so even though the big damage from Bellona's S1 is very attractive, bringing her can be a very russian roulette-like experience. If you're persistent enough you will eventually do it, but Luna as your sole dps with Dizzy there for cr pushback will make it much easier.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I get to Spectre phase relatively easy but Angelica's immunity get unsynced and she starts hammering everyone down. Bellona missed a shit ton also in the end.

Only got her to 50% with Angelica, bellona Dizzy and Tamarinne. Might change dizzy for Luna next try.

Don't use Dizzy's S3 on this fight if you are. She does something fucked if you debuff her, I believe. I forget, I did it a while ago. But its best to use people who don't auto-apply any debuffs. I used Luna, Sol, Tam and Angelica (Sol has a debuff but I believe she's immune, and his % life S2/S3 did a fuck ton of damage). Would absolutely use Luluca now over Sol though for the extra survival, but Dizzy for just her push back also works (can't use Luluca's S3, but defense buff/shield is pretty great. I think there is a dispel though but you can time it so you can apply the defense after the dispel but before her big AE).

Aazrael

Don't use Dizzy's S3 on this fight if you are. She does something fucked if you debuff her, I believe. I forget, I did it a while ago. But its best to use people who don't auto-apply any debuffs. I used Luna, Sol, Tam and Angelica (Sol has a debuff but I believe she's immune, and his % life S2/S3 did a fuck ton of damage). Would absolutely use Luluca now over Sol though for the extra survival, but Dizzy for just her push back also works (can't use Luluca's S3, but defense buff/shield is pretty great. I think there is a dispel though but you can time it so you can apply the defense after the dispel but before her big AE).
Yes I think I fucked up with Bellona and Dizzy. Didn't know she wasn't to be debuffed. Will try again today. Might use Sol or Luna instead of Bellona.

Thinking Fallen Cecilia might work as well. She got shields and skill immunity and with aurius some DMG mitigation.

Crone

Could have sworn that this game had full auto, even as far as repeating a stage for farming purposes. Am I just dreaming? Or is that something they took out? I freakin' coulda sworn I used Sez to level a bunch of dudes and didn't have to hit replay every time.

Aazrael

Could have sworn that this game had full auto, even as far as repeating a stage for farming purposes. Am I just dreaming? Or is that something they took out? I freakin' coulda sworn I used Sez to level a bunch of dudes and didn't have to hit replay every time.
No it never had that feature.

Edit: Finally beat 90. Took 2 tries with the last team. With Potions on both healers and some RNG with removing debuffs she went down. She really hurts when she starts double attacking at the end. Was lucky I got soulburn a few Angelica shields also.

And yea why get a 2nd ml5 from that when I can get Rikoris....

Screenshot_20190624-145324_Epic Seven.jpg

Last edited:

Molten Core Raider
Grats on the clear, not so much on Rikoris though :(

Now you can spend endless hours grinding hunts and AP farm like the rest of us now that the fun PVE stuff is out of the way. :p

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm stuck on 83 but haven't really tried it in weeks. Do I just go 2 DPS and 2 healers and just grind this one down?

Molten Core Raider
I ended up having to do the Kiris cheese on 83. The RNG was too much and I was lacking in good aoe dps. I brought Kiris, Luna, Angelica, and Diene and kept having to try it until Luna was the stun target. Then I just poisoned the Scorpion and kept everyone healed til it died.

If youre aoes are solid enough you can just bully through the adds as they respawn and murder the scorpion.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Abyss 90 continues to piss me off. With Tam, Angelica, Luna, and Dizzy, I lack the offense to kill ML Tenebria fast enough once I get her below 50%. Tried swapping Dizzy for Fallen Cecilia and I couldn't even get past Ras/Aither/Mercedes. Granted, Cecilia is brand new and doesn't have the proper mola investment.

30+ attempts at this point. Feels bad man.

Qwirb

Silver Knight of the Realm
Abyss 90 continues to piss me off. With Tam, Angelica, Luna, and Dizzy, I lack the offense to kill ML Tenebria fast enough once I get her below 50%. Tried swapping Dizzy for Fallen Cecilia and I couldn't even get past Ras/Aither/Mercedes. Granted, Cecilia is brand new and doesn't have the proper mola investment.

Have you tried running C Lorina instead of Luna? Her s3 helps manage things on ML Tenebria.

Molten Core Raider

I dunno how useful ML Ceci would be on that fight. She could help mitigate damage, but she doesnt have the utility that other units could bring.

On paper, the group you're running it with should be able to clear it. If you can get a soulburn Angie S3 just before Tene's ult steals your souls as you push her below 50%, a few turns of immunity should in theory be enough time to kill Tene unless your Luna is a potato. Dizzy's cr pushback and Tammy's idol form dual attacks (only dual attacks. no S2) I would think would get you over the line. Probably doesnt need saying, but no using Luna's S3 and no Dizzy's S3.

Option B is drop Dizzy for C Armin if you have her and stagger Angie and Armin's Immunity.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Have you tried running C Lorina instead of Luna? Her s3 helps manage things on ML Tenebria.

I never got Lorina past 50 as I already had Luna by the time I started her class change.

I dunno how useful ML Ceci would be on that fight. She could help mitigate damage, but she doesnt have the utility that other units could bring.

On paper, the group you're running it with should be able to clear it. If you can get a soulburn Angie S3 just before Tene's ult steals your souls as you push her below 50%, a few turns of immunity should in theory be enough time to kill Tene unless your Luna is a potato. Dizzy's cr pushback and Tammy's idol form dual attacks (only dual attacks. no S2) I would think would get you over the line. Probably doesnt need saying, but no using Luna's S3 and no Dizzy's S3.

Option B is drop Dizzy for C Armin if you have her and stagger Angie and Armin's Immunity.

Part of the problem is if I have enough souls to soulburn Angie before Then ults me, the immunity gets dispelled by her next attack almost every goddamn time. I have to try to rely on Tam to cleanse all the debuffs I end up with. I played around with my gear some to increase resistance, but the offensive losses seem to make it worse.

Sadly no C Armin, so that's not an option.

I think the thing that frustrates me the most is the time investment. 10-15 minutes just to get to the end stage and figure out if it's going to be another failure.

Molten Core Raider
Yeah it's a rough fight. Do you have any Wondrous Potion Vials? If you're not using one on Tam and Angelica both, you're definitely doing the fight on hardmode.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I never got Lorina past 50 as I already had Luna by the time I started her class change.

Part of the problem is if I have enough souls to soulburn Angie before Then ults me, the immunity gets dispelled by her next attack almost every goddamn time. I have to try to rely on Tam to cleanse all the debuffs I end up with. I played around with my gear some to increase resistance, but the offensive losses seem to make it worse.

Sadly no C Armin, so that's not an option.

I think the thing that frustrates me the most is the time investment. 10-15 minutes just to get to the end stage and figure out if it's going to be another failure.

As Avatar said; two potion vials are really helpful here.

But also, look into leveling up montmorancy for her specialty change. For debuffs she's strictly superior to Angelica for me now. I'll use Angelica when I need a beefy tank/healer, but if the main problem is debuffs and some light extra healing? Mono is much, much better. She doesn't have group immunity (Well she can with soul burn) but where she can strip debuffs potentially every other turn (Many times every turn) if built right (1 debuff from everyone in group), and she can still apply immunity to your squishiest target, and group immunity if you want to soul burn? She's a beast for any debuff fight. I have a feeling she'll be useful for quite a while due to that.

(Its also extremely easy to get 100 effect resist on her, she comes with 40-50 base. So she can't be disabled, and is just a debuff removing machine.)

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I have a single potion vial that I was using. Hadn't thought of Montmorancy though. It would take me a few weeks to get her to 60 and do her quest, but it might be worth it. Just need to figure out how to rework tanking, as Angelica has been handling that.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I have a single potion vial that I was using. Hadn't thought of Montmorancy though. It would take me a few weeks to get her to 60 and do her quest, but it might be worth it. Just need to figure out how to rework tanking, as Angelica has been handling that.

Built right, Montmo can tank really well, she gets HP boosts in her rune tree that puts her about even with Angelica, and she actually has slightly more base defense too. So built like Angelica you can toss her into the same slot (She won't heal as much though). Best part is she works fine without Molas. (This weekend the double rune events should let you level her and collect he frost runes to fill her out really fast too, if you have time to grind for one of the 2 hour bonuses).

Only other thing I can tell you is there was a pattern on the fight where I saved Tama's transform until after a big wave of debuffs that followed her ult. Sometimes that meant holding Tama in her base stat for a while--but she was more useful as a cleanse than for increasing damage.

Last edited:

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, using Tam as a cleanse kind of sucks, because once Tene is below 50%, every round she hits you with an AoE that applies debuffs, so you can get fucked right after you just cleansed everyone.

Molten Core Raider
I dont think Momo is a replacement for Angelica in this fight. She might could replace Tama, but dunno if that's worth it. You almost have to have immunity of some sort for at least a portion of that final 50%, there's just too many debuffs flying around to reactively cleanse them and survive.