Epic Seven

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
So I just started this. Rerolled til I got a Vildred. Been dumping all my free pulls into the normal covenant summon to try and fill out my team.

Currently my only two 5 stars are Vildred and Lolacura.

I am using Montmorancy for a healer, only other soul weaver I have is the prince you get for free.

4 stars are Mercedes, Schuri and Romann.

Collection of three stars.

Just wondering what do you need to develop for characters. One of each class?
Set roles like tank, dps, healer?

I have been using Mont, lola, vildred, schuri so far. Seems like a good team...

Any other 3 stars to look out for besides Mont?

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
helga, lorina are super good after u specializa em (even tho its a fuckload of runes to max em). Mont is awesome pvp and support pve for stuff that requires 2 healers (certain abyss lvl etc). Schuri is pretty good both pvp ( for cr push up) and pve. Vildred is awesome farmer as well, specially if u got to auto shit while lvling fodder.

You dont necessary need 1 for each roles every time. It all depend what u do etc. I rarely use Healers unless i do hell raid, or for abyss (cleared 100th couple of days ago). So its all fluid, Tanks also can be replaced by a beefed up tanky healer etc. What u generally aim its to have a decently fast team, wich some CR push up. U want to have immunity/Buff Stripping/Debuffing covered depending what u doing.

Team u have (what is lola? i dont recall any hero with that name) seem fairly good for a starting one. develop those and u shud be fine till u get some juicy/op heroes (Arb vildred/fallen ceci/lilias/and ml charlotte nextweek come to mind, and tama most useful unit of all).

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Thanks for the reply, lola is luluca. Words are hard sometimes.

Ice mage, that debuffs enemy defense and can put up a barrier.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Got a Blaze Dingo from galaxy tickets, he any good?

He requires a bunch of gear to be decent. But heavily geared he's probably one of the best soul weavers for clearing regular Lab and some of Hell Lab, because he fits on super high morale teams and he makes clearing much, much faster since he does pretty decent damage. (But he's not optimal for very difficult content since his healing is only decent and he doesn't have a cleanse--his special equipment lets him cleanse off the lowest health but its not super reliable since sometimes debuffs sit on higher health targets). He's also decent in situations where you need two healers (In fact that's where he shines--him and Momo make a great team). But those are a little rare.

Long and short....Super geared end game? He's very good for a specific niche that is hard to fill (High morale Lab). With normal gear he's also decent in a specific niche (Two healer). In general? He's a bit weak so I'd avoid building him out until you're well into farming. (He's a gear hog because he needs 100% crit and he's got shit HP but high armor, so you he's a paper bag without good gear).

Last edited:

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Thanks for the reply, lola is luluca. Words are hard sometimes.

Ice mage, that debuffs enemy defense and can put up a barrier.

Luluca is one of the best Lab characters. She fits into a ton of high morale teams and once she casts her s3 three times, she hits like a damn truck. She's also very versatile and can play defense, as well as AE and does really well armor breaking. As said, she's probably one of the best Abyss/Lab DPS--she's also decent on Wyveren (Though she suffers a bit thanks to wasting a turn on defense while autoing, but she gets the job done) and she does well in any spirit alter except green.

As for composition. Funny enough, most healers end up being the tanks in this game. Monmo makes a great tank actually. But in general, the split on attacks is like 40/20/20/20---so the person in the front row does need to be tankier but you often don't need a dedicated tank. Just a bruiser in that front row will do (And on some fights its all AE so you don't even need that). Overall the game is far more fight dependent than general achetype so just try to have one beefy character for the front and a decent healer and you're fine.

Monmo can be your healer--I use her over 5 star healers all the time for certain situations. So build her out unless you get Tamarine or Angelica (Angelica isn't really better, she's just a different niche....Tamarine is OP). For Monmo though you really need Rod of Amarylyss...She becomes far more powerful with that artifact than without it (So keep an eye on the powder shop).

Overall though, that sounds like a decent team. Schuri is a CR pusher, and he's great in a lot of fights but not the best (So he can be used end game but he can be replaced too). Lulu and Vild are excellent in PvE and very versatile so you'll be using them through a few different parts of the end game.

Last edited:

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Pulled a judge kise and like 4 5* artifacts over the last 25ish summons. 2 of them were dupes, but one was Celestine which seems pretty good

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Pulled a judge kise and like 4 5* artifacts over the last 25ish summons. 2 of them were dupes, but one was Celestine which seems pretty good

Lucky son of a bitch :p. Kise is one of the best PvP (And general) heroes, like top 3 I'd say. She's extremely dominant. She's also really good in PvE in some situations (More niche, but good). She does amazing AE, and defense downs, and her S3 is really unique--it can even reduce boss mob special move meters. I actually used to use her on the bug hunt and a couple Lab groups because she can fit into some good morale comps and does great AE damage.

You'll get a lot of use out of her. She's also a really good farmer, too since she can AE so much and has no weak colors. I'd build her asap--she'll be your best farmer by far.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Also, btw, Celestine is the artifact that makes Blaze Dingo good--but he still needs a ton of gear. Celestine is really good for a few healers, unfortunately Monmo and Angelica both need Rod (However, Destina and Ruele work well with Celestine.)

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Another artifact question. Should I eat the dupe 5* artifacts to increase cap, or sell them for the dust?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Another artifact question. Should I eat the dupe 5* artifacts to increase cap, or sell them for the dust?

Eat, imo. But for some artifacts, you might want to keep two copies--because sometimes you double up classes in group and the best artifacts end up being the same. So I tend to keep two copies of each artifact except for ones that explicitly won't work with another in the group (Like Aurius). Then after I have two maxed, whenever I get a dupe, I feed it to one (And its usually better to max one out first).

The other exception to this are cases where artifacts can be maxed to 100% chance.....Like Holy Sacrifice, IMO those having a single copy maxed is better than trying to account for the possibility of needing two. (Since consistency is probably the biggest issue in this game).

Speaking of, you should probably build up a Daydream Joker. On most bosses without "HP % as damage immunity", Daydream joker is pretty much better than anything else for damage. A lot of new bosses are immune to that kind of HP scale damage, but all the Hunt 11 bosses are vulnerable so Daydream is very good there. (For my DPS, I usually only use other artifacts when there is a special quality I'm looking to exploit--like I'll use the dual attack ranger artifact on Schuri because he'll CR boost more. But for pure damage, Daydream is usually best outside of things like the +%damage mage artifact, but even then, that only wins if you have a very debuff heavy team).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Thanks for the help. Is Judge Kise someone I am OK putting mola towards? And is creation and destruction a good artifact for her? Proc rate seems kinda low for it.

I’ve already been building a Joker, saw that on an old post about f2p wyvern team.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Thanks for the help. Is Judge Kise someone I am OK putting mola towards? And is creation and destruction a good artifact for her? Proc rate seems kinda low for it.

I’ve already been building a Joker, saw that on an old post about f2p wyvern team.

Oh yeah, absolutely. She'll be one of the few toons who you'll want to max. Every skill of hers is great. (But I would try to hold a few Mola's back if you have extra, you always want a few to at least by -1 turn upgrades on new units.)

Even as a farmer, I think only Vildred, Vivian, Zerato and a couple others can out-do her. (She scales really well)

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Judge is great.

That said, I haven't mola'd up her S1 and don't regret it. The cost/benefit just isn't there.

I use her in PvP and for high morale stuff, which is 99% of non-braindead content in this game.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So when you guys say high morale, you are talking about lab right? How can you actually tell that they are good for that (assuming you are talking about camping to get morale boost) without trying it?

Also just got an Iseria

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So when you guys say high morale, you are talking about lab right? How can you actually tell that they are good for that (assuming you are talking about camping to get morale boost) without trying it?

Also just got an Iseria

Yeah, Lab. As for her S1, IMO if you just PvP with her, I wouldn't Mola her S1--but where I use her in the bug hunt, and Labs, I got some use out of getting her S1 up. S1 is certainly the one to drop if you're looking to save.

As for Lab morale. You can use this.... E7 Tools - Lab Morale Optimizer

Its missing a couple of the new heroes. But you can put all your heroes in and see the highest morale teams. You can also use this https://gamepress.gg/epicseven/camping-simulator

Which is a quicker version if you just want to see if a certain hero can work in certain comps. But morale is dependent on your mix of heroes--some heroes though seem to have a much easier time forming high morale teams. Those two tools will let you work.

Iseria is an amazing hero. She's really top tier. In PvP she's one of the best offensive heroes--but she's very team dependent (With a few heroes she's OP, but with others she's shit). She's also amazing in PvE, great defense break, single target damage and her CD reset can work to boost areas on the fly (Need more support? Reset a healer's cool down. Need more damage? Reset a DPS, or a defense break ect). She's very good in a lot of content. But she's a shit farmer, and she's not great on hunt autoing--so she's more of an endgame hero IMO, really strong for end game stuff but only okay for midgame (So I'd save her until you're underway with good grinding/farming)

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Perfect, thanks.

Im at the point where progression through world is much harder, so going to start focus on farming for exp to build up some other heroes.

Here’s what I have:
Lena 6* lvl 60
Ruele 5* lvl 50
Sez 5* lvl 50
Montmo 5* lvl 44
Cerise 5* lvl 41
Judge Kise 5* lvl 40
Angelica 4* lvl 40
Kluri 4* lvl 36
Alexa 3* level 30
Iseria 5* level 11.

Also have a bunch of other 3 and 4 star heroes. Only 3 stars I’m missing that aren’t light/dark are Azalea and Bask. Can’t decide what I want to do next so I’m just leveling up Kise and fodder

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Next, do Momo's specialty change. I'd also level up Kluri to 50 and work on her SC, too.

Farm up the current sidestory as much as possible. Most things in the exchange/shop are great value. You can safely dump a lot of stamina here without getting into bad returns. Farm up the "normal" difficulty stage (12 stamina) for exp efficiency.

If you're getting stuck on hard stages in the story, add high level friends and use their farmers to solo content. I look for ML Ken & avildred exclusively, but green vildred & BBK are sufficient. Often the easiest thing to do is search by name for friends & add max rank players with these heroes; even if most ignore or reject you, like dating, it's a numbers game.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Next, do Momo's specialty change. I'd also level up Kluri to 50 and work on her SC, too.
That’s why I made momo the second 5 star I upgraded. I saw the requirements for the special change and figured it would be a good idea to be able to count normal farming towards those goals sooner rather than later. Kluri was probably going to be next 5 star once I got her to level 40.
Farm up the current sidestory as much as possible. Most things in the exchange/shop are great value. You can safely dump a lot of stamina here without getting into bad returns. Farm up the "normal" difficulty stage (12 stamina) for exp efficiency.
That and advancing story is where I’ve been spending stamina primarily. I’m working my way through buying the catalysts right now
If you're getting stuck on hard stages in the story, add high level friends and use their farmers to solo content. I look for ML Ken & avildred exclusively, but green vildred & BBK are sufficient. Often the easiest thing to do is search by name for friends & add max rank players with these heroes; even if most ignore or reject you, like dating, it's a numbers game.
I’ve got a few on my friends list, but some levels are just a bitch even with a nearly maxed out A.Vildred. 4-5 was the worst so far, took awhile to finally get that one beat

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
my jkise is a beast over 4k ap, over 300cdmg and 100% crit. Fully molaed and awakend etc. in pvp she kinda clear the opposite team by herself with aux lot (only prob are defensive team with ml ken+nother counter tank with elbris, see charles / fallen ceci etc etc). Only bad side its she has shit hp, but i barely use her for anything else tbh, except pvp.