Epic Seven

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
So I was bombing along following the adventurer quests. I had schuri and monmo at 4* level 40 ready to promote to satisfy the second to last quest. I was going to 5* monmo and be happy about it.

Then I did 2 pulls. First was schuri #2, second was angelica. So that messed up my plan. I decided to 5 star schuri since his dupe was there.

Now I have 4 terra phantasms and enough giga phantasms to put promoting a 6 star unit within reach with some grinding.

So I can't decide if I should 6 star vildred or luluca, which satisfies the last quest and provides a full set of epic level 70 gear and 6 gold transit stones OR 5 star either monmo or Angelica and get a full team of 50s.

I am leaning towards 6 star vildred and the gear since that feels like it will help with farming more.

#firstworldproblems

Molten Core Raider
Vildred for sure. Both flavors of Vildred are top tier bus drivers for leveling fodder. Luluca is great for using in the raid but I rarely used her anywhere else.

Anything of significance change with the game over the last few months that I've ignored it?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Vildred for sure. Both flavors of Vildred are top tier bus drivers for leveling fodder. Luluca is great for using in the raid but I rarely used her anywhere else.

Anything of significance change with the game over the last few months that I've ignored it?

Pets finally don't need food and a few other quality of life small changes, and real time arena (Though I don't use that.)

However, this month a ton of new stuff is coming. Hell raid will be finished, and level 12/13 hunts are getting put in, and a few other things.

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I have no interest at all in Real Time arena. Guild wars was about the extent of my interest in pvp (even that got to be a slog), although i did laugh when I logged in a minute ago and saw my arena rank had reset to Bronze V. For some reason, no one at Bronze wants to attack me :(

Cant believe the Hell Raid stuff still isnt done though, it's been a year or so since they added Karkanis. I saw talk of Judge Kise, etc a page or so back, I assume all the units that were top tier back in November are still top tier now? Any of the new units making a name for themselves?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I have no interest at all in Real Time arena. Guild wars was about the extent of my interest in pvp (even that got to be a slog), although i did laugh when I logged in a minute ago and saw my arena rank had reset to Bronze V. For some reason, no one at Bronze wants to attack me :(

Cant believe the Hell Raid stuff still isnt done though, it's been a year or so since they added Karkanis. I saw talk of Judge Kise, etc a page or so back, I assume all the units that were top tier back in November are still top tier now? Any of the new units making a name for themselves?

I think real time ended up being a huge mistake for them. It took a lot of resources to do it seems like and there isn't much interest in it.

In general the META hasn't shifted too much. Dizzy has faded, and now Charles and Basar are pretty dominant. There is more variety, actually--but no one has really dropped completely out of favor (Except the units that got nerfed, which are almost never used now). We're still full into the counter-attack defense meta for regular arena.

Molten Core Raider
I see it still costs absurd amounts of gold to swap gear around, think Im just going to go back into E7 hibernation. I think that was always the most infuriating thing about this game to me. I love being able to try different units/strategies for fights to see what sort of wonky things I can come up with, but having creativity cost millions of gold is still ridiculous.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Is it worth spending the gold to upgrade lower level hunt material to the max one? Have it all unlocked now.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I added you. I only have a couple friends with optimized heroes (thanks A Aevian ), but still have quite a few with pretty good top heroes like Vildred/A.Vildred

Added you, sorry forgot last night.

As for hunt, no I wouldn't spend money to upgrade. You'll be swimming in the high level stuff eventually, as gold drains outpace the ability to craft..so excess crafting material stacks up pretty quickly.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So trying to decide what my next 6 star should be, have the fodder ready. Started just over two weeks ago at this point, currently can only beat level 8 hunts and stuck at level 70 in automaton tower. Any suggestions? Only heroes not shown are Lorina and Phylis. Only 6 star is Lena

F8A5FBD4-5046-4C15-835A-493562C000E8.png

B9733C96-C6B6-4128-8861-E5A58F5AF1EA.png

BE0A4F0C-F319-4299-84F9-77995F557604.png

60C2739F-0C63-4D19-8634-63C5BD276227.png

85E30219-754B-4FB1-A386-7B912AC6E296.png

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So trying to decide what my next 6 star should be, have the fodder ready. Started just over two weeks ago at this point, currently can only beat level 8 hunts and stuck at level 70 in automaton tower. Any suggestions? Only heroes not shown are Lorina and Phylis. Only 6 star is Lena

View attachment 255813
View attachment 255815
View attachment 255817
View attachment 255814
View attachment 255816

It depends on what you want to try to improve in--you probably want to focus on two things first, Wyv 11 and getting to the 2 Mola Automaton floor (I think its 80?)--making sure to get all the Molas from Automaton is really important, so I'd spend to currency to male Automaton weaker if you have to.

But for Wyv 11, Angel Monmo is probably a good pick. If you have Rod and Amyr, Angelic Montmo will be a huge improvement for your Wyv team. She'll really help you with tougher content. (With her and Angelica, you can bring just decent DPS and do high end Wyv--note, Wyv 11 is very different from 10, it doesn't shoot anything but the front row. So a beefy Angelica or Montmo really helps, and both together work well, because the "tank" constantly gets pushed back so its hard for them to heal themselves. Monmo can sometimes work around this due to her high effect resist but you probably won't be able to build her that way for a while. So at first, you'll probably one Angelica front row, and then Monmo back row to healer her. Just food for thought.). If you don't have Rod, the book you have is really good but haven't used her with that so don't know. However, if you're focused on Wyv, then it depends how your Molas are. Sigret is actually REALLY strong for Wyv. But she needs Mola. Alexa is also very good for Wyv and you don't need Mola. (Sigret is better overall but as said, she's far more resource intensive.)

So...I'd do Angel Momo , then probably Alexa for Wyv 11 (Again, unless you have extra Mola, which then I'd go for Sig). Then Iseria or Sig (Iseria is one of the strongest 5 stars. I used her in almost every level on Abyss, and she's great in any difficult content. But she's a very end game character). As for Alexa, for Wyv 11--just 5 stars can work, since again, your back row won't be attacked. (Just have to get lucky and get through Wyv 10). Then there is Kluri---she'll help with a lot of Abyss boards and hard bosses, but that's more end game.

There is Judge Kise, too. (She'll help with some Abyss and she's actually great in Automaton tower--but again, probably want to focus on Wyv 11 first).

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
It depends on what you want to try to improve in--you probably want to focus on two things first, Wyv 11 and getting to the 2 Mola Automaton floor (I think its 80?)--making sure to get all the Molas from Automaton is really important, so I'd spend to currency to male Automaton weaker if you have to.

But for Wyv 11, Angel Monmo is probably a good pick. If you have Rod and Amyr, Angelic Montmo will be a huge improvement for your Wyv team. She'll really help you with tougher content. (With her and Angelica, you can bring just decent DPS and do high end Wyv--note, Wyv 11 is very different from 10, it doesn't shoot anything but the front row. So a beefy Angelica or Montmo really helps, and both together work well, because the "tank" constantly gets pushed back so its hard for them to heal themselves. Monmo can sometimes work around this due to her high effect resist but you probably won't be able to build her that way for a while. So at first, you'll probably one Angelica front row, and then Monmo back row to healer her. Just food for thought.). If you don't have Rod, the book you have is really good but haven't used her with that so don't know. However, if you're focused on Wyv, then it depends how your Molas are. Sigret is actually REALLY strong for Wyv. But she needs Mola. Alexa is also very good for Wyv and you don't need Mola. (Sigret is better overall but as said, she's far more resource intensive.)

So...I'd do Angel Momo , then probably Alexa for Wyv 11 (Again, unless you have extra Mola, which then I'd go for Sig). Then Iseria or Sig (Iseria is one of the strongest 5 stars. I used her in almost every level on Abyss, and she's great in any difficult content. But she's a very end game character). As for Alexa, for Wyv 11--just 5 stars can work, since again, your back row won't be attacked. (Just have to get lucky and get through Wyv 10). Then there is Kluri---she'll help with a lot of Abyss boards and hard bosses, but that's more end game.

There is Judge Kise, too. (She'll help with some Abyss and she's actually great in Automaton tower--but again, probably want to focus on Wyv 11 first).

Thanks, went ahead with monto since it seems she is used in a lot of different places.

Any idea why my heroes aren’t healing? Seem to be stuck

52C517CC-45A2-43D7-A605-33F647CDE1A5.png

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Thanks, went ahead with monto since it seems she is used in a lot of different places.

Any idea why my heroes aren’t healing? Seem to be stuck

View attachment 255940

Healing is pretty slow overall. =-/ Usually you just have to pay.

Btw, not sure if you have bookmarks. But if you do, I'd try to pity Vivian if you can. Her immunity is massive. She's another character I've used in just a ton of late content, and she's also a ridiculous farmer and hunt character and she forms a lot of high morale teams for Lab. She's also good in PvP in some comps. Outside of her attack buff/immunity, her AE is ridiculous and on a 2 turn cool down and her S1 has a 1.2 mod (Most have 1) plus it boosts her turn rate by 15%...So her DPS with just S1 is crazy (And her S1 doesn't have a debuff, which makes her very useful on fights where you can't debuff, because she lays out a shit ton of damage).

I can't recommend her enough, IMO she's probably easily a top 5 character.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Healing is pretty slow overall. =-/ Usually you just have to pay.

Btw, not sure if you have bookmarks. But if you do, I'd try to pity Vivian if you can. Her immunity is massive. She's another character I've used in just a ton of late content, and she's also a ridiculous farmer and hunt character and she forms a lot of high morale teams for Lab. She's also good in PvP in some comps. Outside of her attack buff/immunity, her AE is ridiculous and on a 2 turn cool down and her S1 has a 1.2 mod (Most have 1) plus it boosts her turn rate by 15%...So her DPS with just S1 is crazy (And her S1 doesn't have a debuff, which makes her very useful on fights where you can't debuff, because she lays out a shit ton of damage).

I can't recommend her enough, IMO she's probably easily a top 5 character.
It’s not that it’s slow, every counter is stuck at 0M 0S. It’s been like that for days now, nothing heals by itself.

Ive actually been avoiding banners since getting to 120 is not likely, and the overall 5* rate is lower.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Being a fresh meat noob myself I just pull on the normal covenant summon. You have that sweet sweet 0.5% ML summon chance. I got about 8 ML units out of it so far, all 3 star except for ml ronnan... like ANY other ml 4star is great...

Did get the chaos axe dude though. Working on his and montmorancy specialty change. Just need 350 more equipment drops among other things.

As for healing. I usually jump into something easy with Angelica in the party and just heal that way. Depends on what you have more of, energy or gold. But I always need more catalysts, so a quick farm run can heal everyone so long as the healer actually gets to heal.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
It’s not that it’s slow, every counter is stuck at 0M 0S. It’s been like that for days now, nothing heals by itself.

Ive actually been avoiding banners since getting to 120 is not likely, and the overall 5* rate is lower.

Ahh, I'm not sure. I've never seen that before =-/. Might want to report it.

Tagging Pancreas Pancreas to. Yeah for new players, the regular covenant is probably better since you want just about any 5 star. But Victoria is one of those rare 5 stars that's both very powerful and ridiculously versatile. Immunity in a lot of PvE content is huge, and she's a very high damage mage that provides immunity and attack buff. I'd say she's one of the few 5 stars that is genuinely OP.

The only characters I'd say you should go in on if they become available are Vivian, Tamarine (Tama is, bar none, the strongest PvE character in the game. She is so much better than the next healer its almost comical) and Iseria for people heavy into endgame (With endgame characters she makes them all stronger). But the difference with Vivian is she is strong at every stage of the game, and just gets stronger in endgame PvE stuff.

Her only downside is she doesn't help with Wyv. But she does great on the other three hunts, which will become very important later. If you're doing Monmo, its not the end of the world to miss her--but immunity can help.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Thanks for all of the help btw. If there are any tips or tricks or anything else you can think of definitely let us know. I've been using your A.Coli for a lot of the higher world stages, finally beat 10-10. Episode 2 is definitely a bit tougher. Going to work on building my team up a bit more and then make a push in auto tower before it resets. Unfortunately the extra Molas are at 90 which seems unlikely, but stage 80 has some gold transmit stones that would be nice.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Couple of currency questions:
Ancient Coins - Should I just hold on to them until I need to buy charms, or should I be buying the malicious bug charm every week for when I am able to do the hard raid?
Conquest Points - Obviously Mola seed, but after that should I just save for the season equipment? Problem is I don't have any of the crests since my account level isn't high enough so I can't get the determination season ones (which seem good).
Silver transmit stones - I've been buying the mola and giga-phantasma, and one of the Ego Fragments. Other than that, there's the artifact and accessory charms but I'd probably just wait until I need them to buy
Brave Crest - Have been buying the Labyrinth compass and the mola seed. Slowly growing, so might end up getting Tera-Phantasm as well or roll the dice with catalyst chest.
Commander's Armband - Honestly nothing seems worth it given how slow they accumulate. 1 gold stone for 600 seems steep considering I still dont even have that many yet, and the artifact price isn't bad at all but its an artifact I have no use for.

General Questions:
Gearing out A.Montmo - I was going for Speed/Health for the set bonus, is that good? After using her a bit, with mag tome and her S3 she has a good amount of CR boost built in so I'm not sure how useful the speed set is.
3* Heroes - I've been just building up imprint level with duplicate copies even if I don't plan on using them, but some of them are already SSS now. Is it safe to just transmit them for the silver transmit stones?