Epic Seven

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Max level Yellows should be taken to 5* with 4x blue phantasmas.
Max level Blue phantasmas can be taken to 4* (to be used as yellow phan fodder) by having them eat themselves or unwanted 3*s.
Purple phantasmas are treated like max level yellows.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The exp bonus that dogs get isn’t all that much, so if you use them a little suboptimally it doesn’t have much impact. But for maximizing your exp/resources, follow what was said in the previous couple of posts.

Just know that you will likely end up with more gold dogs than you want to level up (at least in my case) so it’s not too big of a deal to use some as fodder for making the 5 star dogs.

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Had 40 summons worth and got Esphelt and Artifact. Lucky stuff. Only limited I dont have now is Torn Sleeve.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Got Elphelt in about 30 summons. Trying for the artifact now. Probably won't get it, can't really complain though.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Got her and artifact in about 70, so not too bad. Honestly I wouldn’t have pulled for her if she wasn’t limited.

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
Soooo pulled her very first pull. I really do want the artifact as I think it can help my W13 runs. Get a second one within 20 pulls, now I'm 20 away from pity for a third copy and no artifact. First world problems, but feelsbad

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Soooo pulled her very first pull. I really do want the artifact as I think it can help my W13 runs. Get a second one within 20 pulls, now I'm 20 away from pity for a third copy and no artifact. First world problems, but feelsbad

Hah, almost the same as me, got her on the second pull...pulled 10 more, got another copy..Pulled 10 more, still no artifact. And I just gave up. The artifact is really nice, but I don't have the resources to go for it =-/

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
i expect her to be buffed, the kit is nice, but her s2 does too little dmg to be meaninful in pvp.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I don’t know, other than her crit buff I don’t see much usefulness unless they really go crazy with buffing her damage. Seems like she would fit best on a cleave team, but even there I’m not seeing why you would use her. She absolutely has to kill someone with S3->S2 or she won’t be helpful, and it seems like she is only going to be able to tap glass cannons and less tanky bruisers. Her def break will then only work of enemy team doesn’t have immunity, or you had a stripper go first. And in order for any of this to work she has to have decently high effectiveness as well as getting past 2-3 innate 15% resists.

Seeing as how she isn’t killing tanky units, the unit she kills is actually kinda pointless since your cleaver would have killed them. Since you need a stripper anyways, why not just bring an aoe defense debuffers in Tywin or Tene? Tene also sleeps which can make up for not having the extra crit buff.

The only real benefit I see is that her aoe def break is element neutral

Qwirb

I think she's better than people are giving her credit for right now but it also looks like there is something buggy going on with her damage when there is an aurius in the enemy team. Other units lose the ~15% dmg that they should, her damage looks like its almost halved when there is an Aurius.

If that's actually a bug and gets fixed, she'll definitely be able to do the ~20-25k needed to kill a tankier unit through aurius and apply the team def down for a bigger cleaver to clean up. Her problems are similar to other units with her use - they need an opener to dispel immunities and give her the cr to take her turn and she needs atk buff to kill a tank. Her advantage is that she's less susceptible to being countered and her def down can't miss (but can be resisted like everything else). Her team wide def down also isn't an attack so it doesn't trigger things like c zerato counters, ml tywin cleanses, or elena counter heals. The team crit rate buff also offsets the gear issue with needing to be built for damage and effectiveness imo.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I don’t know, other than her crit buff I don’t see much usefulness unless they really go crazy with buffing her damage. Seems like she would fit best on a cleave team, but even there I’m not seeing why you would use her. She absolutely has to kill someone with S3->S2 or she won’t be helpful, and it seems like she is only going to be able to tap glass cannons and less tanky bruisers. Her def break will then only work of enemy team doesn’t have immunity, or you had a stripper go first. And in order for any of this to work she has to have decently high effectiveness as well as getting past 2-3 innate 15% resists.

Seeing as how she isn’t killing tanky units, the unit she kills is actually kinda pointless since your cleaver would have killed them. Since you need a stripper anyways, why not just bring an aoe defense debuffers in Tywin or Tene? Tene also sleeps which can make up for not having the extra crit buff.

The only real benefit I see is that her aoe def break is element neutral

It does feel like her S2 is either bugged, or they way underpowered it. Her ability to not need crit chance really does make it so she can geared with just ridiculous stats for one-shots and cleave set ups and it feels like they were afraid she'd be way too OP with decent mods. (Her immune to resist strip/sleep, into an extra turn is actually very very powerful because of sleeps bonus. But yeah, its not going to matter how powerful the set up is if she's just underpowered mathmatically. Qwirb might be right though, with her being bugged. )

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Pretty sure the only 5* I’ve gotten from ml bookmarks is Tywin. My Juggs came from normal bookmarks, pretty sure my spez and Ruelle did as well. Haven’t been able to get a single one of the ml 4 star that I want

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I got 2 of my ML5s from Galaxy I think, the rest from mystic bookmarks. So far I have F Lidica, A Ravi, F Cecilia, J Kise, A Tywin and Sage Baal. I wish I got some of the better and more useful units instead.

Last edited:

Molten Core Raider
Im not sure Elphelt's damage is necessarily bugged, it's just too low for the type of unit they billed her as. For her to bring the debuff utility to a fight, she has to be killing stuff and that's just not going to happen in her current state.

I took mine for a test drive in yesterdays guild war. My Elphelt has max mola'd S2, 305 crit damage but her attack is a little low at around 3300. She hit a Charles who had 3 debuffs (one of which was def break) and he took barely 10k damage, which was pretty much exactly what the damage calculator said she should be doing. For her to be landing these 20-40k hits you see on youtube, she'd need another 1k damage or more and to be hitting squishier targets. I got other units that can do that with way less investment and work.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
yeah but i expect her to be buffed tbh. Being limited n shit right now she s doing very badly. Remember first version of tama before the buff?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So how many portraits are you guys going for? Obviously wasn’t around for the last collab, but I’ve farmed 3 mlb and was thinking about whether I would need another

Aevian

I did 4, which I think is plenty. I've also got a maxed Draco plate which I put on my main cleaver. I think 3 is fine unless you're a whale or do RTA a lot.