EQ Classic? Not really.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Anemone_sl

shitlord
I can't put my finger on it but something about you is very Cast-like.
Ouch. My day was just ruined
frown.png

frown.png

Ryoz

<Donor>
It's fairly misleading to say this project is nearing completion. There's absolutely no indication that we'll be playing this anytime soon.

With that being said, if we see this or the alleged sony project, my life is over.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fingers crossed this works out, but realistically doubtful and not holding out much hope.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Also appears to have added code to where guards can do stuff while on patrol like drop items or say things at certain points in the patrol.
One would hope, since this is a fundamental thing in EQemu (via scripting). I mean, they must be using the same kind of idea, or how would they ever script a quest?

One would hope, since this is a fundamental thing in EQemu (via scripting). I mean, they must be using the same kind of idea, or how would they ever script a quest?
Idk, I remembered playing on some EQEmu servers and when I was in Qeynos Hills right outside Blackburrow I remember there was a guard that would patrol around and drop a card for a quest. I think the quest was in Qeynos but anyways, I never saw that card ever drop on any of the EQEmu servers even if the guard gave the dialogue that he had dropped the card.

The item dropping wasn't suppose to be linked to having a quest active or anything of the sort. I'm sure there are more examples of that kind of behavior out there but that's the one I can think of off the top of my head.

Disclaimer: I haven't played on all the EQEmu servers so I don't know if that's true for all of them, but that is another thing that is frustrating lol. The way the dev's for the various projects have tried to sabotage each other is ridiculous and makes projects not inclined to work together on a collaborative eq project. I'm certain classic eq would have been perfected by now if not for all the shenanigans.

Looks like there has been another revision over there fixing various things. One example being the lifts now function properly. If you played on some emu's and you have to hit the switch three or four times to make it go, it won't be like that on eqclassic ;p

http://www.eqclassic.org/forums/view...hp?f=61&t=3440

It also looks like they've updated the development roadmap, everything is 99% complete except "quests and scripts" which is 95% complete

http://www.eqclassic.org/roadmap.php

Too bad today is the end of the world, stupid Mayans
frown.png

frown.png

Is it going to be with the none widescreen and view the size of a postage stamp? I liked classic EQ but I would much prefer to play Titanium. To me EQ Mac is close to perfect, content up to PoP means you have enough content to last you at least a year, even if you are hardcore, and yet it's not a borked version of the game either with mercs and all the other modern shit. If only there could be a server like that but with actual people playing and no mac pricks.

Yeah it really is. If I had the time and knowhow I would make my own EQ Emulator just like EQ Mac but for the PC and without the glitches and lag. And I would pride myself on being 100% legit unlike P99 which made me feel dirty by just logging in. Sadly the only people who seem to have the coding ability to do what is required to run a server like that, are also freaks.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Is it going to be with the none widescreen and view the size of a postage stamp?
It will launch with the Velious UI (which was in Live well before SoV) but I don't know which screen resolutions will be available. And yes, that means all of the casters will get to enjoy some book-in-the-face.

Vardisk_sl

shitlord
I don't understand why people played with the postage stamp size view. Even on release day they had it so you could cycle between the tiny view, full screen with a transparent UI (the one everyone I knew used), or full screen with no UI. Always annoyed me that when I opened my spell book it auto switched it to the tiny screen UI with the spell book over the small viewable area. I, like every other caster, was glad when they got rid of that.

And wow, after looking at that EQ Classic site, I don't see how EQ Classic will ever be a popular EMU. You can ONLY play the server if you have the EQ Trilogy box with the Verant logo on the front and an eqgame.exe file with a modified date of: Wednesday, ?August ?22, ?2001, ??10:43:32 AM. Using the original install CD and then installing Kunark and Velious CDs on top will not work, you MUST have the Verant produced Trilogy box. Even if this thing isn't vaporware, where the hell will people get this obscure copy of the game from?

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
If the server ever sees the light of day, I'd be willing to bet some people will take it upon themselves to make the needed files available through alternative sources should that prove necessary.