EQ Classic? Not really.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
rrr_img_47347.png
Its missing the E-cig, you know, for vaping?

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Post from the EQC forums today.

So I uh... I just received an automated email from Mantis EQC bug tracker.

Apparently Harakiri just resolved an issue I reported in Alpha.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Kinda strange Harakiri hasn't put out any kind of statement on the subject.
Likely he's staying quiet or anonymous to not sully his project's name. I'd probably do the same thing if my project's lead developer just exploded onto the community he built albeit destructively. I can almost guarantee that he'd continue Yeahlight's work. He's not a bad guy despite us trolling each other occasionally.

Mesenkomaha_sl

shitlord
Likely he's staying quiet or anonymous to not sully his project's name. I'd probably do the same thing if my project's lead developer just exploded onto the community he built albeit destructively. I can almost guarantee that he'd continue Yeahlight's work. He's not a bad guy despite us trolling each other occasionally.
I am still holding out hope for this project although I am sure if it is going to continue we are going to be waiting for another few years.

I wondered why HK hasn't said anything but you are probably right about this. YL just went off the rails completely. I'm not surprised, he is a computer guy for a profession and if anyone can go into an internet rage it is us computer nerds. Here's a hope and a prayer for this project to live.

pointyboot

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Secrets i just wanna say i know you got some social issues and people bash the fuck out of you but i think you rock and the emu community is better with you than without.

edit: sorry faggy derail

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Harakiri is still working, but some of those changes are from back during the Alpha testing. We sent in a LOT of bug reports, and he's slowly going through the entire list and correcting them. I got an email last night about an issue with Harm Touch fizzling has been resolved. Now activated abilities (harm touch & lay on hands) have a 0% chance to fizzle.

Nulolan

N00b
Out of curiosity was it ever mentioned if boxing would be allowed? Assuming this ever releases (I know big assumption!). I would more then likely be interested in an actual live-like old school EQ, as long as you can box. My google-fu turned up nil.

The one thing that always kept me from really playing p99 is the fact that there's absolutely no boxing allowed. I believe there should be a 2 maybe 3 box limit set (I think the custom server Shards of D(something) had a hard coded limit to it?) so it just doesn't turn into everyone boxing army's and never grouping with others. I much rather be in a group of friends, but sometimes I play oddball times and would like to be able to box as that is how I played EQ even during Kunark back when it required multiple PCs to accomplish.