EQ: Classless.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
behavior is detectable, just depends on how much the admins care about the detecting

maskedmelon

Orator of Superfluous Nothings
Always thought this was a super cool concept, just haven't gotten around to giving it a go. Server still up and running?what's the population like?

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Myself and Ailia.

Ailia and I worked on a server named Edge in 2007 together.
We met back up when my name was mentioned by some guy in a City of Heroes emulator discord.

The same way everyone detects it. Daybreak also detects it this way.

Is Maze a GM or a Dev or anyone that talks to people in the server at all?

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've been thinking of giving this a go. I have a couple questions about how the server works/balance.

- How are pets?
- Is charm always max duration?
- Are weapon proc rates increased?
- Do weapon procs have required levels?
- Are stats/racial abilities normalized? E.g., any reason to be anything but an ogre?
- Has a meta developed yet?

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I've been thinking of giving this a go. I have a couple questions about how the server works/balance.

- How are pets?
- Is charm always max duration?
- Are weapon proc rates increased?
- Do weapon procs have required levels?
- Are stats/racial abilities normalized? E.g., any reason to be anything but an ogre?
- Has a meta developed yet?

1) Pets are balanced. You can have multiple pets out at once and they scale to your stat total. The pets summoned have different stat distributions depending on type, and are on a diminishing returns curve based on how many are summoned.
2) Weapon proc rates are normalized across the board based on the type of damage spell associated with them.
3) Weapon procs have required levels as per classic.
4) Racials that affect combat are mostly removed. Play what you want to see.
5) Meta keeps shifting around different builds as people increase in level... it's kinda crazy.

Keep in mind, combat is *nothing* like classic EQ.

The stat based system is really neat. I'd give it a shot if you're looking for something new and interesting.

Alexzander

Thanks for the answers. It definitely is a lot different combat wise than classic. Hymm of restoration is wild.

I've been noodling around on a character named Alexzia if anyone from the board is still around. My 30ish currently.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
It's still going, development has slowed down but our small group of players has just cleared Kunark - including all dragons in VP, and Velious is on its way.

Velious will see an all-new scaling system that is designed to reward people for grouping with each other as opposed to soloing. Hoping that works out.
Additionally, we'll have some group content and mini-expansion content throughout Velious. We're starting to feel good about boss fights and how to design them, it's bound to be exciting stuff when content gets released. VP has had some really interesting encounters made. One of the bosses upcoming is simply quackers just in time for Thanksgiving.

I realize the population has tanked a bit, but it can be repaired with hard work and dedication to providing a better game with more stuff to do that feels like meaningful progression. So that's the route I am taking. No gimmicks, just the same server formula that has worked but more of it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alexzander

As one of those still playing, it's a fun server.

For those that want some EQ action but don't want to poopsock on green, it might be fun to check it out.

Druss

Trakanon Raider
It's still going, development has slowed down but our small group of players has just cleared Kunark - including all dragons in VP, and Velious is on its way.

Velious will see an all-new scaling system that is designed to reward people for grouping with each other as opposed to soloing. Hoping that works out.
Additionally, we'll have some group content and mini-expansion content throughout Velious. We're starting to feel good about boss fights and how to design them, it's bound to be exciting stuff when content gets released. VP has had some really interesting encounters made. One of the bosses upcoming is simply quackers just in time for Thanksgiving.

I realize the population has tanked a bit, but it can be repaired with hard work and dedication to providing a better game with more stuff to do that feels like meaningful progression. So that's the route I am taking. No gimmicks, just the same server formula that has worked but more of it.

Why is it so hard to connect to the classless page? keep getting errors is the page up?

NVM found the discord, should update the first post to use the discord instead.

Last edited:

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Why is it so hard to connect to the classless page? keep getting errors is the page up?

NVM found the discord, should update the first post to use the discord instead.

I can't edit the original post apparently, otherwise I would

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
The wait is finally over! Classless gets a .5 version upgrade, and becomes Classless 2.5 with the release of the Velious prepatch tomorrow, and Velious itself by the 22nd of December.

Explore the frozen tundra of Velious for maximum nostalgia, newraids and all-new quest for Epic 1.5s! Various Velious gear, quests, and recipes have been upgraded in true classless fashion. Group content has been added and is significantly more challenging than previous content that was aimed at soloers.

There has been an increase in the amount of experience that you get in a group, in addition to the new content's difficulty.

Now's a great time to revisit classless. We're looking forward to seeing a lot of familiar faces return in time for the new expansion.

Be sure to join our discord for more information for the client itself and how to connect: Join the EverQuest Classless Discord Server!

-The Classless Team
Ailia, Talco, and Secrets

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Pretty damn fun.

Learning curve is steep. So is the exp / gear curve. But some good ppl on that cut a lot of that out.

Are all the stat buffs 100% useless?

Need to have wisdom modify effectiveness of beneficial and detrimental (stat / effect) spells imo.

40 agi at lvl 50 isnt worth the spell slot.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Pretty damn fun.

Learning curve is steep. So is the exp / gear curve. But some good ppl on that cut a lot of that out.

Are all the stat buffs 100% useless?

Need to have wisdom modify effectiveness of beneficial and detrimental (stat / effect) spells imo.

40 agi at lvl 50 isnt worth the spell slot.

Stat buffs are pretty useless, yeah - the problem is scaling them to your level, which the client limits us greatly on. Need to find a way to modify spell data dynamically. :(

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Stat buffs are pretty useless, yeah - the problem is scaling them to your level, which the client limits us greatly on. Need to find a way to modify spell data dynamically. :(

Would be nice for buffs to be viable. Can they not scale off stats like the other spells?

Do slows work worth a shit? Apparently haste is good even if only 14%?