EQ: Classless.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
First post says ROF client, whatever that is. I think I want to try this, on April fool's day.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Will you have your own downloadable client with its own patcher, or will we need to download our own client while you provide the various updated files?
Rain of Fear 2 is the client we use. There's enough info to find it scattered about. It was a Steam download at one point, and people have archived it.

Google searches likely will help.

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
Neat. I always enjoyed these. I guess it's time to dust off my fishing pole and grab some worms.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I've been playing a little early. Really fun! I don't really fully understand what is going on beyond just blasting badguys to hellz and leveling up.

I haven't figured out any of the switchery or reincarnation tarnation.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
How do emulator people deal with constantly having to type in passwords? I wonder if I wrote a proggy to send WM_CHAR to the window if it would work?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So yesterday I was doing other stuff so I thought I'd quest up a moggok stein since it is mostly just running around.

I get to the last bit in Oggok and notice illusions have no effect on faction. Well no worries, there are ways around that. Tried just about every enchanter trick in the book, and even at amiable that Clurg bastard wouldn't take the book.

What followed was somewhere between 4 and 8 hours of sunk cost fallacy stubborn assgoblinry. I made every combo of ogre class/diety as a 3rd character, and eventually started doing random low level faction quests and eventually got the mug.

If I had a bank I'd probably just thrown the book in the bank and given up.

My inventory is like a bag full of keys, bag full of bronze to give to a friend later, bag full of quest stuff, bag full of pelts and silks, random stuff I might wanna horadrize later. I NEED A GODDAMN BANK SECRETS! :emoji_laughing:

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
The rebirthing(reincarnation) system isn't rewarding enough, it's just annoying. The cube cheese, alt merc swapping, + loot stuff, and auto sell bags are nice, but the rebirthing is a game killer for me. I'd rather just be classless. But I guess that's why its Chainbreaker. Lots of good stuff, this time, just that one annoying system of rebirthing.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
The rebirthing(reincarnation) system isn't rewarding enough, it's just annoying. The cube cheese, alt merc swapping, + loot stuff, and auto sell bags are nice, but the rebirthing is a game killer for me. I'd rather just be classless. But I guess that's why its Chainbreaker. Lots of good stuff, this time, just that one annoying system of rebirthing.

I honestly was skeptical if it'd be fun or not.

Some people seem to be enjoying it for now. We needed to have a way to allow people to continue grinding with new players.
One of the problems with 2.0 is even though there was scaling, newbies felt like they were eons behind and it kinda had EQ2's 'mentoring system' problem, where one person would be drastically better than everyone else.

With how stats work, that's relatively curbed and people can grind together on separate reincarnations.

I'd consider how the server to be to be 'early access' quality. That being said, it's been our most stable launch of any of our servers so far.
We're still actively developing the server, and there's a lot we still want to do, just gotta find time to do it.

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
We needed to have a way to allow people to continue grinding with new players.
Thats one of those things I believe every online game dev wishes they had an answer to. I have never seen it done well to this date. The rebirthing might work for a while but I'm sure most will get bored with it after a few times.

I play a lot of these rebirthing games with my kids on Roblox. It's always the same thing, rebirth a few times and it just becomes annoying after that. The thing about those Roblox gamea is that the rebirthing is rewarding, something along the line of +25% more exp/power/money/increased luck the next go around, depending on the game.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Havin a lot of fun! Blasting assgoblins in full bronze.
EQ001134.png

There's a second character in all that fire somewhere. A enchanter/monk/mage, I'm wizard/cleric/bard funfun

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So the bag story...

I've been getting behind on my overwatch league watching, and my bags were superfull. Two problems I could solve at once by going into bazaar merchant mode:

13790-2058813207-beautiful girl selling octopus, (modest merchant dress), small cute pointy ea...png

In addition to hot-n-spicy toelings, I had ONE tentacle whip for sale, along with a gigaton of bronze armor, all priced at 1cp for the younglings. I left it running while watching OWL, but at some point I heard CHACHING CHACHING repeating over and over, and I knew I didn't have that many items.

I tabbed over and saw someone just buying tons of tentacle whips, but I only had one. Some kind of duplication problem, so they had to take down the server to fix it. A dev was making a nice starter bag and named it in memory of the tentacle incident.
13903-4069039302-beautiful girl selling octopus, (modest merchant dress), small cute pointy ea...png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user