EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

darkko_sl

shitlord
Had fun this weekend taking my three box from 55 to 63 and another 150aa on top of that. Probably wasn't super efficient but I was watching basketball as well. I was basically getting an AA or a little more a kill in COD. I remember that zone being so much harder back in the day haha. Everyone says to stop at 61 and get some AA but I felt like I was running out of worthwhile AA so I leveled through to 63. Still having fun though so thats all that matters.

Any suggestions on where to go next @64+ish? I already know the best zones to level in according to everyone. But are there any zones that you guys like off the beaten path that would be fun, even if they aren't the most efficient?

kudos

<Banned>
Had fun this weekend taking my three box from 55 to 63 and another 150aa on top of that. Probably wasn't super efficient but I was watching basketball as well. I was basically getting an AA or a little more a kill in COD. I remember that zone being so much harder back in the day haha. Everyone says to stop at 61 and get some AA but I felt like I was running out of worthwhile AA so I leveled through to 63. Still having fun though so thats all that matters.

Any suggestions on where to go next @64+ish? I already know the best zones to level in according to everyone. But are there any zones that you guys like off the beaten path that would be fun, even if they aren't the most efficient?
You can't have my secrets!

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Don't really get this EQ's philosophy. If you can get all the benefits of being a subscriber by just test-copying to test, why play on any other server? Wouldn't an incentive be that you can't quite be equal to gold membership if you don't actually pay them money?
Because Test has like 30 people on it. You play for free, but you play by yourself.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah, Test is crazy populated these days. Seems like there are more folks on Test than my old server (E'ci/Tunare).

darkko_sl

shitlord
Seems like there is always a bunch of people logged in on Test. So many that I worry they will shut us down someday for getting to play for free.

ive been fucking around on test lately and i must say, their community while smaller in numbers more than makes up for it by way of personality and generosity. i can go days without finding a group on fv due to the jews who want money for everything, or the box armies. but, if you log to test, people are more than happy to invite you to a group, drop a merc, PL a char- or what have you.

darkko_sl

shitlord
There also always people giving out gear or posting in general chat about loot rotting if you want to come and get it.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I have to agree with lvl_32_bard_LFG's assessment. I had very low expectations after coming back to Tunare a few times over the years, and seeing the community there. When I started up on Test a week ago I was pleasantly surprised to actually find an active HELPFUL community. I've met some really good peoples in just a week, compared to spending a month or two on Tunare every so often and maybe meeting one or two people who were actually willing to group and chat in that entire time.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any returning players might want to do the 6th anniversary quest while it's available (which is now until April 26). Reward is potion which gives double xp for 30 mins, with 10 charges.

Did it today in about two hours. Just takes some running around outdoor zones in Kunark. Should be trivial for anyone 60+ with defiant gear.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=3068

Zaide

TLP Idealist
There were like 50 people on Test when I formed TFO; and their general assessment was that the server did not want a progression guild, and that we'd fail pre Velious. Good times.

These days I rarely see under 250 in general chat. Some are boxes but it's still more populous than a lot of other servers right now it seems.

I'm "Protocol" in game if anyone needs a hand or anything.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Any of the other anniversary quests worth doing? I've seen a few in PoK and PoT.
There are some in North and South Ro. Over by the Nro EC Tunnel entrance is a giant Solusek Ro just chilling handing out some quest.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
There are some in North and South Ro. Over by the Nro EC Tunnel entrance is a giant Solusek Ro just chilling handing out some quest.
What? Interesting... Any other zone/god correlation or anything cool like that going on? pics maybe?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
What? Interesting... Any other zone/god correlation or anything cool like that going on? pics maybe?
rrr_img_18058.jpg

rrr_img_18059.jpg

rrr_img_18060.jpg

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Sorry if this slightly derails things. I bought EQ on day 1 of its release, and like many by far my fondest gaming memories are tied to Everquest. I think back to that feeling of wonder when I interacted with my first PC, who guided me from the High Elf town to that of the Wood elves. The authentic panic I felt when we were beset by an orc pawn and then got lost in the dark woods. Great memories of sand giant trains along the beach in the Desert of Ro, being guided through Highpass hold when the gnolls all conned yellow. The feeling of rage/sadness when one died and high level clerics were so scarce you were basically facing 4 hours of quality grinding to get your xp back.

I mained a magician, who were pretty sucky when EQ first came out. Verant eventually buffed them a bit, but they still weren't desired much in groups. Though like many I devoted countless hours to EQ, I never ended up doing huge raids-- I just didn't have the time with university and all. I reached level 55 (max at the time was lvl 60) at which point I mainly found myself logging on, trying to get a group for an hour and a half (magicians again weren't really wanted), then logging off because at that point even if I found a group I'd only have a few hours to play. I grudgingly retired. Ycore Rixle on the Karana server I believe. Still wonder if my account is alive...

Played WoW for awhile, but it never held my interest like EQ did. It just felt like "easy mode" EQ, with no penalty for taking risks or dying. At least when I played EQ, if someone reached lvl 50 they did so only because they were quality players. Fuck ups died too much and rezzes weren't plentiful. This of course changed somewhat by the time of Velious and Kunark, but "retards" were well known and couldn't get groups.

So, I'm thinking of starting back up for nostalgia's sake, however I'm curious, did much change since I left (besides expansions and level caps). Did the grouping dynamic change? Soloing? Magicians ever become useful besides the one you needed for a raid because of Call of the Hero?