EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
did much change since I left (besides expansions and level caps). Did the grouping dynamic change? Soloing? Magicians ever become useful besides the one you needed for a raid because of Call of the Hero?
It's a completely different game (MUCH easier and more forgiving) but at the same time it's the same EQ we all love. It's hard to explain really. If you stick to familiar zones as you level the nostalgia is thick...and wonderful. You can solo as a mage for as long as you like (as long as you use a tank merc up until 60'ish). In the 70's your pet can take over the tanking and you can solo (or molo with a healer merc to take down named/higher level stuff without hardly breaking a sweat). There are lots of useful posts earlier in this thread on how to solo your way to 70+ in no time, using a tank merc. I don't raid, but mages are awesome in groups/solo and extremely overpowered.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I finally got around to getting a video of Vishimtar the Fallen (final boss of Dragons of Norrath)

We killed Redfang tonight as well but I won't have that fraps uploaded until tomorrow.

In other news, we're interested in druids/enchanters right now.

Tolan

Member of the Year 2016
<Banned>
Just logged onto Xegony last night for the first time in 7 years. Very overwhelming with all the new bells and whistles. Holding my opinions about the game for now until I put some time into it. Plenty of content for free with my level 70 main, so why not?

Anyone know where to download a Velious-like UI, or an easy way to update P99's Velious UI for EQlive? The default UI looks like someone vomited chicken soup and fruity pebbles all over my monitor. Many of the UI's at EQinterface are no better.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
These raid videos are funny to watch. Brings back a ton of memories! The raids look so dull and boring due to the models & animations and it seems as though nothing has really changed with raid designs at all. I kinda miss the EQ style raids. Just all the mechanics available made them unique compared to any other game.. The synergy with pulling, mezzing, tanking & healing all working well. These days the games try to limit so much and make you play the way they are "designed", EQ just throws massive health mobs in the game with a few tricks and lets the players figure it out. There is no way in hell I could try playing EQ again but damn it looks like the game hasn't changed at all.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Re-Installed last night. Test Server - Jorren 75 SK / Zezz 75 SHA. Been about 6 years, wow Test has a lot of people now
smile.png

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just to reiterate what others have said, Test has a great community. Saturday i randomly asked in general for help with the j5 quest. Someone volunteered to help, he logged on 2 of his chars to help get 3 of my guys up to the murdunks(?) part. I had no idea it took so long to get through it, he ended up spending 3+ hours of his time helping a complete stranger, and asked nothing in return. I ended up giving him a bunch of plat in return for the help, which he was very appreciative of since he was a test native.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I test-copied Soygen over a month or so ago. Will probably dick around there some this week.

darkko_sl

shitlord
Got a quick question about my box group for you guys.

My group consists of
63 Mage + pet (water)
63 Bard
63 Shm
2 Warrior Mercs
1 Healer Merc

Should I switch out one of the Warrior mercs for one of the dps mercs? if so, which DPS should I pick?

Also is it counter productive to have all three mercs out or does it kind of balance out because I'm killing faster?

Thanks

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider

My group consists of
63 Mage + pet (water)
63 Bard
63 Shm
2 Warrior Mercs
1 Healer Merc

Should I switch out one of the Warrior mercs for one of the dps mercs? if so, which DPS should I pick?

Also is it counter productive to have all three mercs out or does it kind of balance out because I'm killing faster?

Thanks
I'd swap one of your tank mercs for a caster dps merc. The melee dps merc, imo, draws too much aggro off the tank merc (or the mage pet once you start tanking with him around 70-75).

When I 3 boxed, I always had 3 mercs out for faster killing. I figured the slight exp loss would be made up by the increase in kill frequency.

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm

My group consists of
63 Mage + pet (water)
63 Bard
63 Shm
2 Warrior Mercs
1 Healer Merc

Thanks
See, I would replace the warrior merc for a melee dps merc. I havent had any trouble with the melee dps merc pulling agro off the warrior merc. Shm and bard can buff a melee group alot better then a caster group imo. But once you start tanking with mage pet, then go caster dps merc. I'm running 80 rng, 77 mage, 77 shm as my 3 box group.

darkko_sl

shitlord
Anyone know off hand how much to buy an extra merc slot off station store? May just have to get both and test them out

Thanks for the additional input Junun

GL with Performer event Zaide. That shit has so many adds its nuts.

Fun as hell though, I love the one line quips raid members have to say to the Bards singing the songs in the dining hall. Shit, Demi was great. CoA, Demi, and PoR had this dark mystical luster to them. Great raid content. I enjoy the vids man, keep it up.

Titan_sl

shitlord
GL with Performer event Zaide. That shit has so many adds its nuts.

Fun as hell though, I love the one line quips raid members have to say to the Bards singing the songs in the dining hall. Shit, Demi was great. CoA, Demi, and PoR had this dark mystical luster to them. Great raid content. I enjoy the vids man, keep it up.
Lol that Redfang was looking pretty rough for awhile. Ugly win is still a win though. What program do you use for video? Might take a few from us on Fippy