EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I have a character on FV, can I copy to test as well? Never messed with the test server.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Graniteclaw

Somewhat annoying fight. You don't see it in the video but he spawns from a trash mob, then poofs at various points and will respawn from another trash mob later in the raid/zone. After like 3 rounds of this he finally dies.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Each time he spawns he actually does the Dokes

rrr_img_18416.jpg

rrr_img_18416.jpg

sticktastic_sl

shitlord
I'm tempted to start up again and rejoin TFO... but what would the time table look like to catch up?
I played for an hour or so last night, and got a couple levels (25-27) in moors. it is a hotzone I believe and the xp bonus is pretty crazy. From what Im hearing its not to terrible as far as catching up goes.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Level wise, you can be @ 70 and with AA in a day(if you get help, which isnt hard).

Gear wise is different. You can try to find someone with a lot of DoN crystals and buy gear that way or be on as much as possible to get gear from off-raids(raid clears done by high levels to speed up gearing/help under geared catch up). If you yourself have high levels can get yourself gear, anguish is pretty easy to solo for most classes except maybe OMM.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Graniteclaw

Somewhat annoying fight. You don't see it in the video but he spawns from a trash mob, then poofs at various points and will respawn from another trash mob later in the raid/zone. After like 3 rounds of this he finally dies.
If you think that spawning mechanic is annoying, just wait until you get to Breakneck in SoF...

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The problem, last time me and a few of my buds played, that yes, 1-70 with 1500AA is a breeze and goes by quick. But 70-95 ( now 100) sucks if you dont have a high level or two p-leveling you. Its the same bullshit as before with EQ, new expansion comes out and the exp is crazy fast, but then they nerf the shit out of it when the next one hits. We were having a hard time at lv 80 finding viable exp spots. We essentially lost our steam and basically our group fell apart and we all ended up quitting. This again, was playing as intended, not with Plevel.

Sarg_sl

shitlord
I'm going to be running up a character, and gearing it very shortly. If you want help with leveling or getting a decent baseline for gear to raid on test, PM me and I'll help ya make it happen.

just 3box 25-61 afk with mercs. a modern shit laptop with the graphics off will load EQ fast as shit with 3 boxes running. one of each merc class and afk spaced out near mobs so they all assist each other. once youre in the 60s people will PL you on test for free.

the afk mercing is doable with like 5k plat expenditure too

darkko_sl

shitlord
Excited to do some AA'n and ding 65 tonight in COD while watching basketball. Will probably move to BoT at 65 and see how it goes.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The best spot for grinding AA at those levels is the temple in the hole. You could set up a 3 box with 3 mercs at the temple entrance and leave them there indefinitely. Come back and spend your saved up 30 points and rinse and repeat.

I think we stayed there till 69 or so and ground out about 500-800AA there until we got bored. If you are actively playing there with a box crew and a merc tank, you can pull trains from all over the zone and make mad exp. The mobs are all old world hp but the bonus there is insane. Definitely check it out. even if you run solo with a merc, its still good there, way better than any other place at that level, you just cannot, obviously, pull trains.

Excited to do some AA'n and ding 65 tonight in COD while watching basketball. Will probably move to BoT at 65 and see how it goes.
bot is fun, and if youre PoP nostalgia hungry a good bet. but, for exp id shy against it. bot mobs have significant hp for 60s encounters. slow kills = slow exp

Troll_sl

shitlord
Was kind of thinking of Necro/Druid this time around. Not bringing back my BL, Trolly. Maybe I'll 3box it and throw in a bard or chanter.

Sarg_sl

shitlord
btw wasnt there an anniversary event/mission that people were farming to get exp? anyone know what i'm talking about or was that nerfed in some way

Was kind of thinking of Necro/Druid this time around. Not bringing back my BL, Trolly. Maybe I'll 3box it and throw in a bard or chanter.
necro and bard are a great combo. selos/aura/spell mods rapes later on. for a third, id throw in a chanter or maybe a ranger. i cant even imagine a necro with perma selos, songs, aura, and a bot vinelash soloing shit. would be godly lol. not to mention the possibility of a headshot bot and extra damage with /autofire