Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Thanks for the invite Filoranae, looking forward to playing with you all
biggrin.png

biggrin.png

biggrin.png

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Haven't played since SoD. Going to stay on FV for now.

1. If you buy Rain of Fear does it include the last four expansions ?

2. Any advice on where to lvl from 85 to 100 (3-4 boxing) ?

Nulolan

N00b
I'm on FV myself as well now, up to 90 on my monk and 86 on my shaman box.

1. Yes, it includes all previous expansions.

2. Well really depends, personally I like finding something I need and camping that for exp (ie AC augs). Outside of that I would recommend house of thule, the courtyards are great experience with repeatable quests even though its boring as fuck and filled with mouth breathers looking for groups. I would do HoT CY till your team is 90ish and AA'd then start working on the progression quests for house of thule so you gain access to the later tiers.

If you want someone to group with hit me up on my monk Nulolan, always looking for something to do will probally be exping pretty hard this weekend with double xp and all.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Also big question, do I need to buy Rain of Fear if I'm playing on Test? I had heard Test got all the expansions for free, but when I log in it says I have 17 of 19 and keeps asking if I want to order. If I'm planning on just playing with TFO doing progression, am I missing out on anything by not having it?

sticktastic_sl

shitlord
So is there no getting around paying for some kind of sub even if i just want to play on test? When I try to log in it keeps telling me i need to setup a sub.

kudos

<Banned>
So is there no getting around paying for some kind of sub even if i just want to play on test? When I try to log in it keeps telling me i need to setup a sub.
Make an SoE account and then go to test server and log in. You don't need a sub at all if you dont want.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
With the double exp in effect, plus the double exp weekend, almost 70 with about 8 hours played (maybe less). Time to grind some AA's

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Also big question, do I need to buy Rain of Fear if I'm playing on Test? I had heard Test got all the expansions for free, but when I log in it says I have 17 of 19 and keeps asking if I want to order. If I'm planning on just playing with TFO doing progression, am I missing out on anything by not having it?
Test server opens all expansions for free; However, your account is not flagged for it, if that makes sense; You can access it on test, and all its features, but it will still say that.

clerica_sl

shitlord
Biggest problem I have been having with the game is TFO. They decide to PL someone and if you are in the zone tough luck they will take the mobs or just run over you with the mobs in tow while they swarm. They dont care if you were there first and do not even speak with you about what they are doing. Sad thing is that a few of the zones that they do this have instanced ones they could be doing the same thing in and bother nobody.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Biggest problem I have been having with the game is TFO. They decide to PL someone and if you are in the zone tough luck they will take the mobs or just run over you with the mobs in tow while they swarm. They dont care if you were there first and do not even speak with you about what they are doing. Sad thing is that a few of the zones that they do this have instanced ones they could be doing the same thing in and bother nobody.
Ever try talking to them or sending an officer a tell?

Roxon

Molten Core Raider
Any guilds on test that are willing to help returning players level?
I'd be interested in this too. I was thinking about transferring my monk over but may just start over two new characters to try out a new class.

Edit: I started a druid/mage combo on Test server. Roxon/Roxos About to hit 30 on both. Still figuring things out...it's been a while!

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Don't really get this EQ's philosophy. If you can get all the benefits of being a subscriber by just test-copying to test, why play on any other server? Wouldn't an incentive be that you can't quite be equal to gold membership if you don't actually pay them money?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Don't really get this EQ's philosophy. If you can get all the benefits of being a subscriber by just test-copying to test, why play on any other server? Wouldn't an incentive be that you can't quite be equal to gold membership if you don't actually pay them money?
By playing on Test you are technically testing for them. They don't charge because you're providing them a service.