EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Revamped mistmore will be gone very very soon. Go get your awesome augs and way overpowered rings! Got mine on the third kill today but dont expect that drop rate. Seems even worse then those neg stat masks.

overbyte

Golden Knight of the Realm
So I've got a small group of friends to reroll with me and fuck around in EQ. We have about 4 players and are looking to do some of the velious era content and epics. It's pretty clear that we will need to be higher than 60 to really push this, but how high will we need to go? We aren't looking for EZ-mode, but at the same time there are only four of us. Any suggestions?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
So I've got a small group of friends to reroll with me and fuck around in EQ. We have about 4 players and are looking to do some of the velious era content and epics. It's pretty clear that we will need to be higher than 60 to really push this, but how high will we need to go? We aren't looking for EZ-mode, but at the same time there are only four of us. Any suggestions?
At 75 with 1500AA and Demiplane - TSS raid gear I am able to solo named dragons in NToV without a mercenary.

I'd say get level 65 with Tacvi gear and you'll be able to do it. Mercenaries will also make a big difference.

As a point of reference.

This me at 65 soloing Trakanon with little difficulty. I use a mage to coth me due to banish though. (inb4 coth not solo). I'm wearing mostly Plane of Time and same Gates of Discord gear here.

I have my mercenary out in this video because I wasn't sure how difficult it would be, but I ended up not needing it anyway. This is Sleeper's Tomb Warders at 70.

This is Velk at 75 with no merc up. It was pretty trivial.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Ring -http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/i...ml?item=112885

aug -http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/i...ml?item=112852

The ring as you can see is way way OP and 99% will be changed once the masses get it. It's better then anything in the group game ans almost raid game. It's a random drop in zone and very rare, just got super lucky with mine. The aug drops on one of the gargs (named) right at zone in and popped 4 times today in 6ish hours, aug seems common and the belt isnt anything special.

also: the ring isnt lore until you wear it so dont stockpile them on one char, once it's made lore it will just delete the rest... if you can find one

overbyte

Golden Knight of the Realm
At 75 with 1500AA and Demiplane - TSS raid gear I am able to solo named dragons in NToV without a mercenary.

I'd say get level 65 with Tacvi gear and you'll be able to do it. Mercenaries will also make a big difference.

As a point of reference.

This me at 65 soloing Trakanon with little difficulty. I use a mage to coth me due to banish though. (inb4 coth not solo). I'm wearing mostly Plane of Time and same Gates of Discord gear here.

I have my mercenary out in this video because I wasn't sure how difficult it would be, but I ended up not needing it anyway. This is Sleeper's Tomb Warders at 70.

This is Velk at 75 with no merc up. It was pretty trivial.
Thanks for the info! That will help us get a benchmark. We are only like level 30, but having a blast so far. We've got a druid, necro, wizard, and my pally.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
If youre on test /autojoin rerolled:trannies and ask away! Most time time were helpful, kinda sorta. Ortury is pretty busy beefing up his legs cause he has some chicken legs and i slur my speech after 2pm.

Krozman

N00b
How can you mention the ring and aug and NOT mention the Ancient Cloak of Flames from the revamped Naggy lair? It's T4 raid quality, droppable, with a 17% overhaste clicky, which is better than any raid gear currently.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
So, just hit 70 last night, gonna work my way up to 200 AAs before moving on from that point. I've noticed a few changes to the mage class (more buffs, new element spells, etc) so it's kind of exciting to see where the class went after I left.

The guys on the rerolled channel on test have been a great bunch, and very helpful.

Also, I wouldn't say test is easy mode. There are big advantages, but the content is the same difficulty, but leveling, getting AA, and plat are easier.

Fazana_sl

shitlord

In EverQuest, enjoy Double XP beginning at 5:00pm PDT on Thursday, August 29, through 11:59pm PDT on Monday, September 2, 2013.

4 hours from now!

Remember xp is additive not multiplicative, Test will be at 300%, FV at 250%. Xp Pots/Lesson adds another 100% on top of that.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
One of the weird things about modern EQ is the severe lack of leveling and grouping. I'm used to shooting the shit with the same community of people as we level up. There's a distinct lack of that on test. Maybe there is if you join a guild, but the modern app to guilds format feels more like corporate resume world than the organic entity of degenerate poopsockers I remember. Furthermore, why the fuck do I wanna communicate that I'm a problem solving team player to some recruiting officer? I'm fucking sick of 92.5% of HR in real life.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
One of the weird things about modern EQ is the severe lack of leveling and grouping. I'm used to shooting the shit with the same community of people as we level up. There's a distinct lack of that on test. Maybe there is if you join a guild, but the modern app to guilds format feels more like corporate resume world than the organic entity of degenerate poopsockers I remember. Furthermore, why the fuck do I wanna communicate that I'm a problem solving team player to some recruiting officer? I'm fucking sick of 92.5% of HR in real life.
I'm not in a guild either. I just talk on the rerolled channel, and channel 1.

Aaand ding, 78, 540 AA points. Goddamn.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I joined kar von gar or whatever with my main and most of the guys are really nice. No app process or anything, just find an officer and youre gtg

Nitsude_sl

shitlord
the modern app to guilds format feels more like corporate resume world than the organic entity of degenerate poopsockers I remember. Furthermore, why the fuck do I wanna communicate that I'm a problem solving team player to some recruiting officer? I'm fucking sick of 92.5% of HR in real life.
I don't think any Test server guild's application fits your description. Ours is pretty bare bones and takes maybe 10 minutes to fill out. Legions of Blackburrow isn't much different. The questions are there to prevent someone from getting into something without knowing the time commitment it requires, and prevents us from wasting our time as well. The "modern app" is nothing compared to the app process I went through when EQ was more popular.

If you can't be bothered to spend 10 minutes of basically a Q & A, you're probably not the kind of player a raiding guild wants.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I joined kar von gar or whatever with my main and most of the guys are really nice. No app process or anything, just find an officer and youre gtg
That's where I landed as well. And yes, decent enough folk.

Haven't logged in lately since I mainly play at work and that also happens to be where I get most of my schoolwork done so the latter takes precedence over the former when I need to get shit done (fuck Linear Algebra).