EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

SHD can swarm the entire j5 from start to finish in an hour, if the Thrall gods are on your side. Even more efficient than Decapping it. I am out of town and working, but Nylab should be able to do it for you real quick and just FD reset Thrall failures either with the SHD or his NEC

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Torrid, are you on Test? If so I'm sure someone here can help you get the J5 Mercenary. Additionally, how many AA does your monk have? What kind of gear are you using?
Yes. 2 AAs. My monk has the three pieces from the quest the hot zone NPC in PoK gives (the only armor pieces people sell), mostly the level 59 req defiant gear, and a few slots with lower level defiant. Found a couple level 80 weapons in the bazaar though.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Yes. 2 AAs. My monk has the three pieces from the quest the hot zone NPC in PoK gives (the only armor pieces people sell), mostly the level 59 req defiant gear, and a few slots with lower level defiant. Found a couple level 80 weapons in the bazaar though.
By 85 you need to get about 2.5k AA, the difference it will make is incredible.

You should see if someone can take you on a quick Anguish and Demiplane clear. The gear isn't incredible but it will be a big improvement and considering you'll get a full suit of gear for all your characters in about 3 hours, it's a good step.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I got teh itch to play again, haven't in about four years. Apparently I have an 82 Necro with about 1250 AA's on Xegony. Most of my gear is around 900hp/mana. Not sure where to jump in, but am messing around the Seeds of Destruction expansion. I'm one last quest short of finishing the Bayle's Heraldic Crest aug and a couple short of getting the J2 merc. Is it possible to skip the progression and get right to the J5 merc, and can it be soloed? My 82 skele does a pretty decent job tanking in tight spots, but the J1 healer runs out of mana pretty quick. I also have a 69 shammie bot on another account if I need to make a group to take quests.

Any advice on other must-do's?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I saw this and thought I have to try it. But I cannot for the life of me remember or get access to my old accounts.

Worth playing from Level 1?

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I got teh itch to play again, haven't in about four years. Apparently I have an 82 Necro with about 1250 AA's on Xegony. Most of my gear is around 900hp/mana. Not sure where to jump in, but am messing around the Seeds of Destruction expansion. I'm one last quest short of finishing the Bayle's Heraldic Crest aug and a couple short of getting the J2 merc. Is it possible to skip the progression and get right to the J5 merc, and can it be soloed? My 82 skele does a pretty decent job tanking in tight spots, but the J1 healer runs out of mana pretty quick. I also have a 69 shammie bot on another account if I need to make a group to take quests.

Any advice on other must-do's?
Yes, you can and should just do the quests for the J5 merc. If you can molo it at 82 you're a MUCH better Necro than I, however heh. Make sure you're doing the daily hotzone quests you get in POK - that'll be by far your best infusion of exp every day.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
By 85 you need to get about 2.5k AA, the difference it will make is incredible.
I went to the back area of PoFire and it was a hell of a lot easier than doing later expac zones. Got 120 AAs in a few hours using exp pots. Sony should probably make players get some AAs before leveling after a certain point, otherwise people will end up not being able to kill anything that grants exp.

2.5k seems like a lot though. Where do they all go? Combat Stability/Agility?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yes. It's easy to catch up!
Must assume then the grind isnt what it used to be. I guess I wont have to spend 20 hours soloing the entrance to split paw to make a level or 2.

Downloading now, going to create a level one and start the process. Its nearly 10 years since I last played on the reg...Im wierdly giddy.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Make sure you play on Test server and /testbuff

Will instantly grant you lvl 25 and some spells and gear.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Yeah if youre going to play on test remember to go to the little menu thing and select test server. There will be some more files you need to download and such.

For monks, anything that keeps you alive and damage (everything). Ca/cs/planer power/armor of wisdom/all defensive/all offensive etc.

For soloing the j5 at 82, it would be pretty rough, those things hit like trucks at that level. With root, fd and some trickiness you could pull it off I bet though.

Sterling

El Presidente
Awesome thanks for the tip.
Best part of testbuff is you get decent weapons and are 25 skillcapped. You can get a bunch of defiant pretty fast and it's all easy from there. Can arrange it with some duders here for some xp pots on FV or whatever to transfer over as well as some bags and stuff. People from this board that play on test are generally quite helpful. Just wish I had more time to play myself.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The skill boost is literally invaluable. No fizzles on spells/songs no failed FD's or mends etc.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I went to the back area of PoFire and it was a hell of a lot easier than doing later expac zones. Got 120 AAs in a few hours using exp pots. Sony should probably make players get some AAs before leveling after a certain point, otherwise people will end up not being able to kill anything that grants exp.

2.5k seems like a lot though. Where do they all go? Combat Stability/Agility?
You can stop leveling and go 100% to AA. 2.5K AA is incredibly easy to get on test. Personally, I tend to pause every 5 levels and go straight AA exp. You can "ghetto bank" AAs by putting points into meaningless skills too (Example: Wis for SK) and do /aareset (on test) and spend em as you will.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
At 82 I would think dps would be too low, and in-turn you would be overwhelmed rather quickly.
Ya I'm going to wait till 85 before I even think about attempting it. Just figured out that you can get decent gear through some achievements, gonna work on Oceangreen/Bloody Kith/Temple of Bertox quests to round out my gear with Paragon stuff, and hopefully get the J2 and maybe the J3 mercs along the way.

Will check out the daily hot zone quests as well, I went to Hills of Shade yesterday and was getting 20 blues/kill of AA xp with a Lesson popped, ended up grinding out about 20 AA's in an hour, lol. crazy.

Scarhand

Trakanon Raider
Say a fellow hasn't played in forever and is interested in starting on the test server but doesn't necessarily want a bunch of handouts. Where's a good place to go farm some plat at level 25 so I can afford my merc?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mercs have a nominal cost now. Like 10pp maybe? They removed the scaling cost earlier this year.

At level 25, Blightfire Moors is the best zone for exp and money.