EQ Never

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Just to let you guys know, the questions you've sent me have been asked.
rrr_img_47462.jpg

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Those windows (assuming its char creation) look exactly like EQ2. There's a PS2 poster in the background though, so its current.

Pic looks like Ol'Ponytail.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Massively shitting the bed is a real possibility. We need to see the actual game to have a more informed opinion though. If combat is fun, EQN will do well. On a side note, if Landmark pulls in the MineCraft people, things could get interesting but that is a long shot, imo.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Oh gosh... Let's at least try to be objective here. Unless they massively shit the bed EQN is going to be absurdly successful.
Let's at least try to be objective here. Unless they massively shit the bed TOR is going to be absurdly successful.

I dont think the comparison is out of place. I think it's unlikely though because despite their mediocrity throughout the last decade SOE can probably do "MMO" much better then Bioware.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Let's at least try to be objective here. Unless they massively shit the bed TOR is going to be absurdly successful.

I dont think the comparison is out of place. I think it's unlikely though because despite their mediocrity throughout the last decade SOE can probably do "MMO" much better then Bioware.
SWTOR didn't launch Free to Play, nor did it have the breadth of brand new tech, nor did it have the mass multi genre appeal... All it had was the strength of its IP. Not comparable situations.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Yea nice and all, but if you "massively shit the bed" that's all worthless because you fucked it all up TORtanic style. "Bioware storytelling, Star Wars IP and unlimited budget, what could go wrong" was a common opinion on TOR. "genre-changing storybricks AI, groundbreaking voxeltech and the EQ IP, what could go wrong" ... well everything could go wrong.

But I dont expect that to happen because like I said, I'm sure SOE will manage to release something between brilliant and mediocre.

Silence_sl

shitlord
This will win because....VOXELS.

I mean, VOXELS.

VOXELS.

Deep, man. (the sound of a bong gurgling in the background).

excerpt from page 91 of SOE's game design guide.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I'm fairly sure if anyone had said SWTOR would lost 75% range of subs within six months and be charging for hotbars and F2P in less than a year they would have been screamed down as insane and haters prior to SWTOR launch.

I expect this to do better only because of the minecraft crowd and side of the game.

Purely on its mmo adventure side Id bet it would do no better than any other mmo recently released.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I expect nothing, but I'm prepared to be amazed, because SoE has two redeeming qualities: they have good dungeon designers (key feature, for my taste) and they are not excessively scared of saying "fuck this, let's experiment". Admittely sometimes they fail with their experiment (EQ2 at launch), sometimes they get it (PS1 and apparently PS2), sometimes they are just lucky and seize the moment (EQ1) and sometimes they fuck up in a terribad way (SWG).