EQ Never

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
The only people who call thirty year olds 'kids' are old fuckers who need to hurry up and die, though.
You will note the use of past tense in my previous post. I am not calling 30 year olds 'kids' but you were kids when the rise of that art style began. I'm also not singling out Aladdin as you'll notice since I also mentioned Pixar and their movies.

This threadmay be more your speed.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Whippersnappers talking about seeing Aladdin in the theaters.

A New Hope in the theaters at the age of 5 in 77 here.
Same here; Back when you had to actually go somewhere to see movies, I saw it 50-something times in the theater, over 4 releases and re-releases in the original '77-'81 runs.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bah I remember when wiki was part of a song. On a cassette tape, which was a new space saving invention. And doing Christmas lists with Visi-Calc, on a trs 80 home computing system.

Git off my virtual lawn you whippersnappers!

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Damn, you lucky old fucks! Too young for New Hope and dad didn't let me see either Empire or Return because it wasn't his kind of movies. Did get to watch Wrath of Khan but it just doesn't compare.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Near 30? Time for the carousel! RENEW!!!

rrr_img_47931.jpg
rrr_img_47932.jpg
rrr_img_47933.jpg

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm impressed you guys can Internet.
Fuck, I grew up with internet. My first modem was a 2800 internal piece of shit that took an hour or more to download small plain text documents, text damn it!
And yeah, I'll be 40 in a couple months :p

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Fuck, I grew up with internet. My first modem was a 2800 internal piece of shit that took an hour or more to download small plain text documents, text damn it!
And yeah, I'll be 40 in a couple months :p
Is your baudy ready?

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Disclaimer:

No video game is going to change your life, make your brights brighter, or add any intrinsic value to your existence in any way. They are empty calories. Games should be fun and distracting. If you are looking at any video game (even eq) as a life altering experience, you are doing life wrong.

Eq was launched at the cusp of the digital age. It was a pure social network platform before Facebook or twitter or the explosion of interconnectivity. It was never the game play, it was interaction with other human beings in a way never experienced.

This game will probably be fun, I'll prolly play it for a year or two in my free time. Is it reasonable for any game to expect or try for more?

Step back people. No, this game will not be able to turn back time and erase your experiences to make it all fresh. Live with it.

Thomas Keller, a chef, says he aims to recreate that first bite of great meal and extend that over four hours when you eat at his restaurants. But its an illusion. Our lives are frustratingly transitory... you are waisting your time trying to relive what can never be repeated. Approach EQ as something uniquely new and not what something else was and you will appreciate it, or not, for what it is.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Disclaimer:

No video game is going to change your life, make your brights brighter, or add any intrinsic value to your existence in any way. They are empty calories. Games should be fun and distracting. If you are looking at any video game (even eq) as a life altering experience, you are doing life wrong.

Eq was launched at the cusp of the digital age. It was a pure social network platform before Facebook or twitter or the explosion of interconnectivity. It was never the game play, it was interaction with other human beings in a way never experienced.

This game will probably be fun, I'll prolly play it for a year or two in my free time. Is it reasonable for any game to expect or try for more?

Step back people. No, this game will not be able to turn back time and erase your experiences to make it all fresh. Live with it.

Thomas Keller, a chef, says he aims to recreate that first bite of great meal and extend that over four hours when you eat at his restaurants. But its an illusion. Our lives are frustratingly transitory... you are waisting your time trying to relive what can never be repeated. Approach EQ as something uniquely new and not what something else was and you will appreciate it, or not, for what it is.
I'm not asking to recreate some feeling that was a fun one from 99.

I want it to not be the spammy , jump from hub to hub with no death penalty , but should have forced mechanics to depend on the community as a whole, game.

Mechanics from most modern mmo have nothing to do with a nostalgic feeling or not, I genuinely hate the GW2 class system , think little to no death penalty is shit , and can't stand "actiony" combat in my mmo.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Disclaimer:

QFT.