EQ Never

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Itzena has its finger on the pulse.

To explain my use of it here; I wanted to assume it had a penis, but I didn't want to be offensive in case it actually doesn't have one. Though, I'm betting on transgender or tragic pickle factory accident if it lacks a penis.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Smedly need to get on a plane and fly to Korea and buy a few korean gaming companies that are working on things like SoE wants to do in EQN.

SoE has its strength but it also has its weaknesses. One of the biggest is SoE lacks the ability to identify those areas its weak in. The class and combat system being described for EQN is actually a area that is 180 degree opposite of normal way SoE has done things. I have very little faith that SoE can deliver 40 different classes that are enjoyable to play. EQN will be entering a area where there will already exist highly polished and successful games using a similar class and combat system. SoE could easily fail from a fun/playability stand point versus games already on the market.

EGL I have more faith in simply because market seems ready for a new mincraft with better graphics. SoE doesn't have to do anything other then copy minecraft with a better graphics engine. That they will go beyond that is clearly a positive but maybe unneeded point in SoE's favor.

EQN though is going to face real competition and will require SoE to overcome areas where it has traditionally been weak. Areas where SoE corporate culture has not been willing to acknowledge a weakness exists.

SoE will need outside help in EQN in my view. Help that is more focused on areas that are not SoE's normal areas of strength. Just keep the Koreans away from the exp system.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Maybe it's just me, but I always enjoyed SoE games, the few that I played at least, which are EQ, EQ2, PS, little bit of Free Realms. My biggest complain was EQ2 ultra bloated hotbars, but nonetheless the game was fun and enjoyable.
Their art style has always been debatable, but on decent rigs even EQ2 wasn't that bad (bit plastic indeed), but certainly not anything to be called "good" either.

EQ Next, for what I've seen so far, looks really nice, but I love cartoons, so that's probably just me. The human female of the first video is something I'd like to play, the lion not much, but I'm not into furry races usually. Sketches for Iksars look amazing and varied enough.

I admit it, I want to play the damn agame asap. Sucks it's so far away still. I'll go crying over the dozen games from Steam I still have to play to kill some time, together with NWO, GW2, SWtoR and the always present WoW to cure my MMO itch while I wait.

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
Based on the end of that story, I'd guess that the "not an earthquake" was the Takish-Hiz spire going boom. I really wish they'd release these stories in order though. It's like reading the screenplay to Memento.
Prison of Fire and Stars of Home are concurrent. So, yep.

The chronological order of the stories so far: The Stars of Home/Prison of Fire (Concurrent), The Enemy of my Enemy, The Mage of the Teir'Dal, The Last Stand of the Teir'Dal / Fall of Bastion (Concurrent).

Lenas

Trump's Staff
SoE will need outside help in EQN in my view. Help that is more focused on areas that are not SoE's normal areas of strength. Just keep the Koreans away from the exp system.
They're already getting outside help. StoryBricks used to be a third party that they swallowed for AI/scripting and the voxel engine was made by others too IIRC.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
All companies have weaknesses but they have been doing a really solid job so far. There was a lot negative responses from earlier info but they have really stepped up. Ponytail has done really well and this game is far ahead of any competitors with this new focus. WoW may eventually make something better but they are far behind the curve and take forever to release product. I see both games being the new standard for a while as long as Storybricks pans out.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
Awesome idea with the crafting Alters. Finding them will be a thrill.
Yeah, that seems like a decent way to add new/unique recipes and such to the game, while also giving players an incentive to continue exploring the various worlds.

The thing that stuck with me is the mention of "leveling up your crafting station". If this is what I think it is, it means your ability to craft items won't be tied to your character, but instead be tied to the crafting stations on your plot of land. That means you'll be "leveling up" your forge instead of your blacksmithing skills. I just hope there's a horizontal advancement scheme in there as well, like having different qualities attributed to a crafting station; maybe something like Low, Medium, High, and Very High qualities. You can advance the quality of your forge, or you can advance it's tier, or both. With a scheme like this, you'd have 20 different forges a player could advance through.

It's a neat concept, if it's what I think it is.

Cool. How many of these are there?
There are seven, with some taking place at the same time in different places with different characters.

Prison of Fire,The Stars of Home
The Enemy of My Enemy Part 1&Part 2
Mage of the Teir'dal
The Last Stand of the Teir'dal,The Fall of Bastion

I think I got the order right.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Awesome idea with the crafting Alters. Finding them will be a thrill.
Eq2 had the idea of something like this of special crafting tools you had to adventure to find. It was pretty limited but pretty fun when we had a dungeon group go into a dungeon for the sole purpose of guarding a tradeskiller while he worked making new weapons for us and fending off attacks of mobs that were trying to stop him. Something like altars is a good way to get crafters out into the world and give them a reason to explore and group up in a profession that otherwise can be pretty solitary.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
that is a good deal wonder if they would have let me keep the $10/month eq sub i had but upgraded it to all access, shame i canceled it a few days ago.