EQ Never

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
j_smedley 1 point 12 seconds ago
completely new IP. The data is on the interwebs.. someone just has to find it.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It's hard for me I like what the devil is saying but I have a hard time selling my soul..(again)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The emergent AI system is the real secret sauce. Forget the awesome world that you can blow up. This is what's really going to change MMOs forever.

This is whats got me excited more than anything. A true change in how we play PvE.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
After watching that crafting video, very depressed. Limited info but what was shown, looks to be the same old standard crap. Alter idea is cool. Wait and see, but not impressed on the glimpse of what was shown. Was hoping for more like SWG with materials being quality based to affect the item completion and stat differences. No use in a crafting system if everyone can grind out the same stat items!

At least with quality material stat based system, you can keep the recipes manageable and yet have a wide variety items in the world. Only the best materials will give the best stats. Its not like they would be pulling from thin air, SOE owns the coding and development already.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
EQN, not true EQ successor? The focus on building and economy is great but no raiding and armor progression etc, skeptical.

[-]j_smedley

You SHOULD be skeptical. Judge what we make once you've played it. We're tired of the same old game for 15 years. We want to make something new. When we do this right it's going to change online gaming. I'm super excited.

K13R

After watching that crafting video, very depressed. Limited info but what was shown, looks to be the same old standard crap. Alter idea is cool. Wait and see, but not impressed on the glimpse of what was shown. Was hoping for more like SWG with materials being quality based to affect the item completion and stat differences. No use in a crafting system if everyone can grind out the same stat items!

At least with quality material stat based system, you can keep the recipes manageable and yet have a wide variety items in the world. Only the best materials will give the best stats. Its not like they would be pulling from thin air, SOE owns the coding and development already.
Ah the SWG crafting system such a marvel to behold can not for life of me why this wasn't copied wholesale in every other game. Q: What crafting like A: Like SWG pre Cu next question.

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
EQN, not true EQ successor? The focus on building and economy is great but no raiding and armor progression etc, skeptical.

[-]j_smedley

You SHOULD be skeptical. Judge what we make once you've played it. We're tired of the same old game for 15 years. We want to make something new. When we do this right it's going to change online gaming. I'm super excited.
I don't think they've ever claimed it's going to be like EQ. They've been saying they want to do new stuff with this game.

overbyte

Golden Knight of the Realm
yes. We will absolutely be bringing EQN to the Playstation 4!
Ughh. If this is true then my interest in EQN just took a critical hit. I'm concerned that the game is going to make a lot of concessions to accommodate PS4; ui, psn integration, player demographics. I'd like to be proven wrong here though. I don't know, maybe they can overcome all of that, but I'm a bit more hesitant knowing this.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ughh. If this is true then my interest in EQN just took a critical hit. I'm concerned that the game is going to make a lot of concessions to accommodate PS4; ui, psn integration, player demographics. I'd like to be proven wrong here though. I don't know, maybe they can overcome all of that, but I'm a bit more hesitant knowing this.
They are doing it with all their new games.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Used to feel this way also , and am very much still a hardcore PC guy , but after seeing FFXIV ARR I wouldn't mind it if they skewed it heavily towards the PC and console had to make concessions instead of other way around. Basically it was clear playing FFXIV ARR on the PC was much better not only in graphics but control wise etc, but if you wanted to play it on the PS3 you could. I wouldn't mind the option to occasionally hop on the PS4 to run around a bit , but keep it heavily geared toward the PC still.

K13R

Most MMO's on the horizon are releasing console versions. They've been saying that would be the future for years. Especially Smed.
Yeah no Doubt as now there just low power AMD quad core with ATI 7870's on x86 architecture the only difference is a shitty way to interface with it.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
*shrug* loved me some EQOA. MMORPG combat is SO MUCH more enjoyable with a controller, and you can still use a mouse + KB if you prefer.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not sure how this emergent ai works exactly. Does it mean the mob will start ignoring taunts/build resistance to tank hate over a while and just start going after healers? Anyone have an example of this emergent ai at work?
So far just seems like a buzzword to me