EQ Never

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah no Doubt as now there just low power AMD quad core with ATI 7870's on x86 architecture the only difference is a shitty way to interface with it.
When they first presented the idea the main point was the development and meeting hardware specs. Imaging making a game that can run on little Johnny's crappy gaming all the way up to Joe's uber computer. Smed said it would save tons of time and money because you are working with the same hardware across the board. That was years ago... the newer gaming engines may be more accommodating.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Ughh. If this is true then my interest in EQN just took a critical hit. I'm concerned that the game is going to make a lot of concessions to accommodate PS4; ui, psn integration, player demographics. I'd like to be proven wrong here though. I don't know, maybe they can overcome all of that, but I'm a bit more hesitant knowing this.
FFXIV went this route and I have been loving it. My chief complaint is lack of unique content, but if this emergent shit works as advertised that will never be a problem in EQN.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Most MMO's on the horizon are releasing console versions. They've been saying that would be the future for years. Especially Smed.
I imagine that discussion went like this:
Ghostbusters_sl said:
Dr. Peter Venkman: If I'm wrong, nothing happens! We go to jail - peacefully, quietly. We'll enjoy it! But if I'm *right*, and we *can* stop this thing... Lenny, you will have saved the lives of millions of registered voters.
CEO:
rrr_img_57778.jpg

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
*shrug* loved me some EQOA. MMORPG combat is SO MUCH more enjoyable with a controller, and you can still use a mouse + KB if you prefer.
Do most people that have used controllers feel this way? I always assumed it would be god awful, thus never gave it a shot. Maybe ill give DCUO a play on the old ps3 to try it out.

As to EQN It sounds like it "could" be really amazing and revolutionary but I am also super skeptical. things like no raids really scare me.

I despise the "no trinity" this killed gw2 for me. As most people are not cut out to tank or heal. For me a healthy MMO population requires people like me that love healing, along with people that love tanking, alongside those that like to fuck shit up.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
EQOA character movement with the controller was better than keyboard movement. The keyboard is better for executing combos and the EQOA command system was clunky. But that was on a PS2. The PS4 has the specs to not hamper modern computers much if at all. UI mods and all that. It can finally exist with PC MMOs in harmony I think.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Playing EQNext with a Dual Shock 4 on a 4k TV is suuuuuuper tempting.
Do you think that PS4 which is an ATI 7870's is going to push anything at 4k when 4 x Nv. titans have trouble pushing one.. I got 2 x 7970 Toxic Ghz edition just to push 2560 x 1600 ( can push 5700 x 1200p also but eyefinity sucks cause most games dont support it) there no way I could push 4k with same cards

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Do you think that PS4 which is an ATI 7870's is going to push anything at 4k when 4 x Nv. titans have trouble pushing one.. I got 2 x 7970 Toxic Ghz edition just to push 2560 x 1600 ( can push 5700 x 1200p also but eyefinity sucks cause most games dont support it) there no way I could push 4k with same cards
Ya I meant monitor, not TV. Edited my post.

Peloton_sl

shitlord
The original Everquest was the best MMORPG made in my opinion. It definitely was not on easy-mode like so many tend to be now. I loved the random deaths from roaming high level mobs or trains to the zoneline. I hope this new EQ is good.....but am skeptical.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Ya I meant monitor, not TV. Edited my post.
4K monitor or TV is the same thing, as far as rendering. It's not the size of the screen that matters, but the amount of pixels. In other words, a 100" 4K screen and a 21" 4K screen are rendering the exact same amount of pixels. I wouldn't bet on the PS4 doing much of anything at 4K.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
4K monitor or TV is the same thing, as far as rendering. It's not the size of the screen that matters, but the amount of pixels. In other words, a 100" 4K screen and a 21" 4K screen are rendering the exact same amount of pixels. I wouldn't bet on the PS4 doing much of anything at 4K.
oh no no, I mean playing EQNext, which will be built with the Dual Shock 4 in mind, on my PC with a 4k monitor. Ps4 isn't involved at all.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The original Everquest was the best MMORPG made in my opinion. It definitely was not on easy-mode like so many tend to be now. I loved the random deaths from roaming high level mobs or trains to the zoneline. I hope this new EQ is good.....but am skeptical.
This is definitely not going to be like EQ. Easy mode just depends on what you are doing. WoW was easy to level and very hard in the endgame if you wanted it. EQ started hard and got a lot easier as time progressed.