EQ Never

Vitality

HUSTLE
In comparison to EQN - to stay on topic - 5000 unique supporters in 4 days is way better than 1000 youtube views on the latest Dev Workshop for Landmark and EQN.

I don't really know how to answer your statement otherwise.

You're right? I guess. Egregious, but not wrong.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
In comparison to EQN - to stay on topic - 5000 unique supporters in 4 days is way better than 1000 youtube views on the latest Dev Workshop for Landmark and EQN.

I don't really know how to answer your statement otherwise.

You're right? I guess. Egregious, but not wrong.
Lol, well put. At least one of these games is traveling in an upward trajectory and it's not the one in this topic.

Vitality

HUSTLE
The only person that could have saved this game is Higby and he ran as fast as he could from Daybreak.

Everquest IP will be sold some time after the neutered version of EQN hits your desks.

I'll wait to see who picks up the IP before I open my wallet within eyeshot of this title again.

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
The only person that could have saved this game is Higby and he ran as fast as he could from Daybreak.
Enough with the hero worship. One person doesn't make a game. I would have thought you guys would have learned that by now. It takes an army of people to make a good game.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Enough with the hero worship. One person doesn't make a game. I would have thought you guys would have learned that by now. It takes an army of people to make a good game.
No. But one person can certainly mess it up. I hate how that works.

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
It takes a leader to keep the army on track bud.
Agreed.. but giving all the credit for something to the figurehead devalues all the work other people on the team are doing. It's like saying "Brad made EverQuest", or "Koster made SWG", or "Garriot made UO". That kind of thing just pisses off the 100 people behind them doing the nuts and bolts work.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's why your line of work sucks. Guys like butler get all the credit for all the hard work.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Not really. Georgeson is getting public handjobs for producing jack shit over half a decade.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Not really. Georgeson is getting public handjobs for producing jack shit over half a decade.
This would be relevant if said handjobs kept georgeson from getting fired.

Like I said before, Georgeson is the Skeleton King, The Undertaker. He was brought in to administer life support to declining titles.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Agreed.. but giving all the credit for something to the figurehead devalues all the work other people on the team are doing. It's like saying "Brad made EverQuest", or "Koster made SWG", or "Garriot made UO". That kind of thing just pisses off the 100 people behind them doing the nuts and bolts work.
The pissed off 100 people are idiots: a good manager/director makes a company/game/film a bad one breaks the company/game/film. SOE/Daybreak is in the shitty position it is today because of Smed.

The 100 people get to take credit for their participation in helping make the great company/game/film on their resumes which helps them get better jobs should they want to look outside their current company for one or negotiate for better pay at their current job.

As for Brad making EQ. I still don't know how he managed to get it mostly right: maybe because it was his first and he was forced to limit his scope.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Ever the hopeful lad, I try to stay interested in any MMO that mildly appeals to me and anything with Norrath is going to catch my eye. But mother of fucks, there really isn't a lot to be excited about with EQN these days. Daybreak is doing their best to assure everyone not to be doom and gloom, but I've seen nothing but a stream of negativity. Smoke, fire, etc.

The new goal of having many faces of EQN has equated to more silence and people even more awkward on camera. Say what you want about PT and Butler, but the guys replacing them are brutal to watch. I guess because I felt like inducing a bit of pain into my night I watched the Qeynos show where they look at builds that bleed into voxel nothingness, and it's like the hosts (aside from Rosie) had no idea what the fuck to say. I guess I can't fault them because I wouldn't know either.

Dev on reddit says the'yre so silent because they're so busy plugging away at the game. I'm sure that's true but I'd love to see ANYTHING that isn't Landmark related that proves that EQN is a fucking thing that is happening. A screenshot, just one, that is of an actual EQN locale. What happened to Chester Cheetah? How's that guy been?