EQ Never

belfast_sl

shitlord
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Cube World yet, as that's what the combat, at least at this stage, appears very similar to. It even has destructible terrain, although only certain boss creatures can do it. Also the weapon type dictating abilities thing.

Concerns: The Kerran model was awful; it looked like it was out of a different game. The other characters looked like good stylized versions of their former selves. Turn the particle effects down a bit. Be sure that literally not every swing is destroying terrain. You should really only be destroying or altering it by choice (don't want to fall into the depths of hell every time you kill some weak creature that attacks you while going from point A to point B).

xzi

Mouthbreather
Hey I don't care whether or not you like it, but people make money off of their contributions and the developers make even more. They're smart as shit for utilizing it.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Or he's drinking himself into a oblivion because its nothing like he wanted :p
I did pretty good prediction wise. But I backed off too much from my earlier Minecraft predictions.

I still think we'll see EVElight. They are holding PvP info VERY close to the chest. Note the lack of mention of PvP and PS4.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Why is everyone talking about how bad the combat looked with how early it is. They were showing us the art style pretty much and explaining mechanics. Bunch of nerds in here.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah when they only have two character models and a couple of enemies to show, I think it's a little bit early to be critiquing battle systems and shit.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Anything else you can tell us that will encourage some folks? Anything on Dungeons, PvP, tradeskills? BETA, Release!? ha
See above for PvP. I'll ask about dungeons at the World panel if I can get a question in. Seems likely since they showed underground artwork. I assume they'll just be large persistent POIs in the procedurally generated layer.
And yes I want to find out about beta as much as anyone.

Does anyone know where qwerty's meds are? He is dangerously close to DEFCON Utnayan circa "FoH Vanguard".
I called you out on being a 50 year old moron, that doesn't make me nuts.

I think I am the only one who sees this game realistically. I said it's amazing, I think it will be a massive success. I just think it is also a piece of shit. I know this kind of thing can be very hard for simpletons like you to understand but give it time, maybe you will come to terms with it eventually.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Why is everyone talking about how bad the combat looked with how early it is. They were showing us the art style pretty much and explaining mechanics. Bunch of nerds in here.
Because Smed spent the last few months blowing smoke up everyone's ass about how it's going to be released this year. So seeing terrible character animations and unfinished combat 4 months before release is an asshole puckering sight.

But then we learned he lied and he was actually talking about EQN:Landmark! (And that actual EQN is at least 16 months off,if they rush it.)

He didn't technically "lie", he just bullshitted everyone. That's what he does. I am surprised people are even talking about that and not you know... the fact that he has packaged up The Lion King and called it Everquest.

rolx_sl

shitlord
Just let us design the fucking character models too might as well. I'd bet my life they turn out sicker than they are now.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
rrr_img_38721.jpg
I called you out on being a 50 year old moron, that doesn't make me nuts.

I think I am the only one who sees this game realistically. I said it's amazing, I think it will be a massive success. I just think it is also a piece of shit. I know this kind of thing can be very hard for simpletons like you to understand but give it time, maybe you will come to terms with it eventually.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
I don't have ANY video games. I play COMPUTER games, as I was doing before you were born. And I still will be playing computer games, ones you have never even heard of. Just because I don't like this kiddie shit doesn't mean I am an outsider.
"Kiddie shit"

There is a lot of potential from what we have seen. If your beef is with the visuals, youre entitled to your opinion. I like both real and cartoonish graphics. I love the look of Planetside2 and EQN reminds me of PS2.

How you could not be excited with the possibilities that the voxel engine brings? We are going to see some masterpiece creations by SoE and players alike. If the devs create a detailed resource metagame and incorperate crafting fully into the world, the sandbox will come alive.

Now, does the combat look somewhat suspect? Yes. However, we have seen very little. I'm hoping for less flash and more strategy and I have a feeling you agree with me on that. We have to wait and see. I am done with ta targeting but dont want a button mash fest either.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So are these "rallying calls" going to have everyone on the server racing to them when they happen and you wind up with thousands of people bitching about lag because they can't attack anything?
or they will be level locked content where you have noone at the lower ones after the first month

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Combat was too loud, bright and shiny. Needs sliders tone down the shiny and an auto-attack.

Also @cinge - little known fact - possible diggable from wayback machine but I advocated for a minecraft + VG/EQ when Minecraft was first out (prior to the Halloween patch of 2009). Used to have discussions with Zehn about it.
I also advocated for Magic the gathering MMO.

So basically SOE sorta just built my game minus the auto-attack and with way too many flashy lights.