EQ Never

xzi

Mouthbreather
A bit of synergy isn't bad at all. There is a lot of subclasses apparently and I'm okay with that as maybe I want to be someone that is melee but heals. I feel like there will be a better choice that everyone just plays like 6 different combos anyways but we'll see.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Absolutely hate the gw2 class system of switching weapons and getitng different skills. Honestly everything else I can deal with but the class system is REALLY making me worry. Being able to change to whatever takes ALL emergent gameplay out. Oh today I will be a warrior, now im a wizard, now im a healer? Pls god I hope its not like that.
That's my concern.. That and the game is an AE mess.. I'm hoping we saw canned stuff to show off a few skills and the game overall doesn't play like that.

Cerzi

Golden Knight of the Realm
I didn't mind GW2's weapon skills for physical damage dealers, it kind of made sense that a big 2-hander would have a different skillset to a dagger. Fine. But for spellcasters, I really hope they go with a more traditional approach. It's great that they're going back to EQ1's spellgem philosophy of limited available abilities (rather than EQ2 spamfests), but spells shouldn't be attached to a weapon, they need to work differently from physical damage in order to stand out as magical and not just another ability (which is what spells are in modern MMOs). Spell scrolls and memorization, maybe even research, would be so nice to see return.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
So are these "rallying calls" going to have everyone on the server racing to them when they happen and you wind up with thousands of people bitching about lag because they can't attack anything?
From what I saw the rallying calls last a long time. I didnt see it as a "45m and done!" deal. I kind of looked at a rallying call lasting a couple weeks. 2 or 3 of those running all the time would be enough content for everyone. Will people rush to see when its about change state? Probably.... unless that info is hidden. Creating enough unique content to do this all the time without it becoming repeated and keeping everyone in suspense is a bigger problem.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Man, if this game doesn't require a computer for 2045 to run it's going to be sweet as all hell. Needs more ratongas though.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Can you stop with your "kiddie speak," qwerty? At some point, the irony stops being so, and you end up sounding just as fucking retarded as the people you mock.

You all have shit computers. But I suppose that goes with the territory, when you try to take on WoW's audience, you are bound to be faced with millions of people trying to play on their Dad's celeron with onboard graphics.

rolx_sl

shitlord
That's my concern.. That and the game is an AE mess.. I'm hoping we saw canned stuff to show off a few skills and the game overall doesn't play like that.
True that, as soon as I saw the warrior rush in and kill 20 mobs I just smh. I don't want dungeons I run through in 15 mins I want dungeons I go in and kill stuff all day and then want to go back because I know the dungeon gets deeper and harder and the fact I can't go there yet but know its there makes me want more. If you just run through mobs like the warrior idk if it will last for me depends on how deep the game is.

rolx_sl

shitlord
You got to be fucking kidding me they arn't going to live stream the 5pst panel? wtf? someone kick someones ass there and tell them to turn on the fucking camera.?

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I just don't understand why we can't have a truly massively online multiplayer world that's both consistent and difficult in its rules and mechanics for players. Do I have to wait another decade for this? Will it ever come? Will all I get until I die is story bricks and button mashing?

It's so fucking depressing.

rolx_sl

shitlord
I just don't understand why we can't have a truly massively online multiplayer world that's both consistent and difficult in its rules and mechanics for players. Do I have to wait another decade for this? Will it ever come? Will all I get until I die is story bricks and button mashing?

Probably, thanks obama.

True that, as soon as I saw the warrior rush in and kill 20 mobs I just smh. I don't want dungeons I run through in 15 mins
That's exactly what you are going to get. 123, mobs go splat. ORSUMMM!!!!

Because the only people who can cope with a game like that are now a small minority. But make a spammy action game and you appeal to probably 20 million potential players. Makes perfect business sense.

Our only hope now is Kickstarter. Wait for a few games like Star Citizen to become successes, and we might get something suited to a more skilled audience.

Carl_sl

shitlord
From what I saw the rallying calls last a long time. I didnt see it as a "45m and done!" deal. I kind of looked at a rallying call lasting a couple weeks. 2 or 3 of those running all the time would be enough content for everyone. Will people rush to see when its about change state? Probably.... unless that info is hidden. Creating enough unique content to do this all the time without it becoming repeated and keeping everyone in suspense is a bigger problem.
They say its a month or two long situation so it seems like they could write a new one up in one or two months.

also current tech single graphics card builds can run this game on ultra at 2560x1440 no problem so don't anticipate too much need for upgrade.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
How much of that combat was real though? I'm telling myself that everything was done just to show off ability that Georgeson thought was cool. Surely it won't be so action game heavy.

rolx_sl

shitlord
How much of that combat was real though? I'm telling myself that everything was done just to show off ability that Georgeson thought was cool. Surely it won't be so action game heavy.
Thats the only thing thats holding me together is the hopes that it was just staged to show some part of the game thats not really how its going to be.

All of it. EVERY time there has ever been a preview of a game with dumb action combat and people wondered whether it would be like that in reality... it ended up with dumb action combat.

You know the only game I've played in the past 14 years that had challenging combat? Guild Wars 2.... in beta 1. Then in beta 2 it was easier. In beta 3 it was really easy. And on release it was piece of shit action game like everything else.

It's just a fact. Modern gamers are shit at games. If you want to make any money, you have to make it easy.