EQ Never

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Damn some of the views from that video made my dick stir. That's the kind of shit I want to trek across with a group of friends (with clearly defined group roles) and see what's over the next hill.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Damn some of the views from that video made my dick stir. That's the kind of shit I want to trek across with a group of friends (with clearly defined group roles) and see what's over the next hill.
If I were a planetside 2 player, I'd be pissed I don't have a fully destructible world.

Also, I hadn't even thought of the influence of crafting on combat in EQN. Build a duck blind on the mountains and snipe? Ranger ftw?

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
In ref. to our bring back fat trolls/ogres campaign.

rrr_img_39525.jpg

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
I think it needs to happen more like this.
I don't even really care about 1 v 20 boss type fights.. Heres where I imagine the AI to behave. Mobs assess threat constantly.. Froglok sees skinny dude, decides to chase, turns corner, sees 4 more dudes, turns and runs for help. He will use all his ability to get away and wont be taunted into fighting. He links up with 6 friends, he being a warrior turns and hits the closest/highest threat. The other Frogloks fall into class roles, supporting warrior, protecting clothies and heals. Group beats down Melee types, but 4 more frogloks show up. They are all casters. They recognize they have a lot of casters and begin to use AEs. The fight will change as the Frogloks assess not only threat, but each others capabilities and coordinate with them.

THAT would be a smart AI.

Asherah

Silver Knight of the Realm
When did class and race penalties and benefits become radical ideas in the mmo community? Trolls had natural regeneration perks and it was awesome. Hybrid classes had experience penalties but they had a greater arsenal of abilities and looked cooler than your typical tank class. I just don't understand how features like that became condemned.
It happened once it became easy to measure performance and content became difficult enough for it to matter. Back during first few years of EQ class/race/whatever balance generally wasn't such a big deal. Raids were more about getting enough warm bodies there before someone else did than to squeeze out optimal performance from everyone.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
1:24-1:28 of the video....

Please please please make dungeons like this.
Dark caves? I suppose Blackburrow or maybe parts of Befallen could look like that. Or Permafrost if it's icy. Or some of those shitty ass Luclin places (I quit during Luclin, so I don't remember what any of them were called).

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Sooo digging the East Commons tunnel should be a rallying call.

The citizens of Freeport are shutting down trade at night time and the black market needs a place to set up shop at night. Will you help dig a hole in the mountain for us to hide in?

::dig dig dig::

Whats that! We have dug through to the other side and found an Oasis in the desert filled with Specters, Sand Giants and Caimen's!

Lenas

Trump's Staff
With so much of their engine talk revolving around great lighting, you can bet your ass we'll see some dark caves like that. Gotta be able to show off some great torch lighting tech somewhere!

Mughal

Bronze Knight of the Realm
EQ2's Western release models were some of the ugliest lumps of shit ever made. Seriously looked like someone rolled Play-Doh through a cheese grater.
Just to be clear I was referring to EQN's art team being amazing. EQ2 was unbearably bad.

dgrabs_sl

shitlord

The citizens of Freeport are shutting down trade at night time and the black market needs a place to set up shop at night. Will you help dig a hole in the mountain for us to hide in?

Whats that! We have dug through to the other side and found an Oasis in the desert filled with Specters, Sand Giants and Caimen's!
Hahaha I actually love that idea.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>

Or you end up digging the wrong direction and end up in the Freeport septic tank.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Ya know, if they're going to stick with no-curse ogres, I actually like EQN's version of them, it's definitely better than EQ1 and 2's depiction of uncursed ogres. Rather than fat ogres, I personally think it would be better to push for body sliders for all races, and get fat ogres that way.

That said, trolls better still be stupid, and not have any sort of idealized physique. Big and fat, or hunched-over knuckle-draggers, those are the valid design choices for trolls.