EQ Never

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
So then everyone switch to magic on this boss, or magic wait until melee have built up a good amount of aggro before starting.
You could have some kind of weird enrage mechanic built in to avoid this.

Say at 50% health the monsters armor pops off from magic damage taken and then the monster becomes enraged and obliterates everyone who used magic on him.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sooo digging the East Commons tunnel should be a rallying call.

The citizens of Freeport are shutting down trade at night time and the black market needs a place to set up shop at night. Will you help dig a hole in the mountain for us to hide in?

::dig dig dig::

Whats that! We have dug through to the other side and found an Oasis in the desert filled with Specters, Sand Giants and Caimen's!
I still haven't figured out the timeline of EQN, but I swear someone said it was Combine empire time period. According to the timeline thing I saw, it looks like 65 years before Combine, Ro desert was the Eldarr Forest. So it literally could be that situation, where the tunnel isn't there yet.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I still haven't figured out the timeline of EQN, but I swear someone said it was Combine empire time period. According to the timeline thing I saw, it looks like 65 years before Combine, Ro desert was the Eldarr Forest. So it literally could be that situation, where the tunnel isn't there yet.
EC tunnel has been confirmed.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Or they could bring back " You have been summoned by Avatar of war!" Summoning could really be used as more than just, you can't run away from me. It could be used by smart ai on low health targets, someone casting specific spells etc..

Basically there needs to be a new take on npcs, especially bosses and how they react in this " new ai" environment.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Doesn't really work to use the EQ1 timeline to figure things out for EQN; they don't match up like that.

misery_sl

shitlord
Would you take this face and say, yeah he can play a mage!

images
Equal rights for all races! Except for Kerran, because f them.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
? I'm stating that any really difficult element of EQN will get nerfed. So even if it was a decent game from the get-go, with difficult AI, that's going to get nerfed when 1,000,000 Timmys discover they can't kill the Void Goliath.
Unfortunately, that logic applies to any game. Hell even EVE is certainly getting easier and removing tedium to become more accessible. So I guess, imagine SOE's point of view in say 5 years, when they have a running EQN production cycle and are actually just then releasing EQ3 and billing it as a sequel to EQ1 (trinity, difficult, grouping required from the teens onward). Isnt what you wrote in my quote there going to apply just as much to that EQ3 game? They are going to make it more accessible for the Timmys of 2018, and we're back to the start waiting for a true sequel to EQ1.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Dark Elves will probably just come from a splinter group that started practicing teh dark arts. Standard story.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
In this new lore, where the fuck did Dark Elves come from if there is no Innoruuk?
Don't know yet.

However, I had a thought I'd like to toss out: just because characters in-game don't worship Inny and Cazic as gods doesn't mean they don't fear them as demons. No clue if that's actually the route they're going here, but I wouldn't rule it out yet.

misery_sl

shitlord
I just get a bad feeling with that Rosie lady being the art director. I watched part of the world building panel, and she mentioned how she had to start googling for random images to know what to build next.
Well, her favorite quote comes from Disney himself, and she referenced Disney at least a couple of times during the presentation. She reminds me more of a college/school art teacher than any kind of gamer. Humans and various other art assets look awesome to me though, so I can't complain too much. I just hope Kerrans remain the most toonish thing we see coming from her, and she kind of lays off the look a little for mostly everything else.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Don't know yet.

However, I had a thought I'd like to toss out: just because characters in-game don't worship Inny and Cazic as gods doesn't mean they don't fear them as demons. No clue if that's actually the route they're going here, but I wouldn't rule it out yet.
I'd be okay with this.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I don't know about travel (by all accounts it is slow) but from the devs have said you can't change your base class mid-combat (good) but outside combat it is pretty quick (bad - for the reasons @Lost Ranger stated). They've also said there is some kind of loadout/inventory setup so presumably it's a very quick change from Warrior -> Druid -> Warrior.

I agree that the base class change should be more restricted then that. Camp for 5 minutes, go back to town. Etc.
This is exactly what I don't want. I do not want hot-swappable classes, armor, and abilities. I do NOT want the WoW talent system.

If you want to change your class, it must be a pain in the ass every single time. Make players med and stare at a spellbook for half an hour, then you can become a druid.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I just really hope I have the option to drop a year of sub money and buy all the classes. Really not interested in jumping through their bullshit hoops to load out my character how I want it loaded out. Marvel Heroes recently did this for $200 I think, and while I wasn't interested in dropping that kind of scratch on THAT abortion of a game, I'd certainly do it for this one.
Nothing against you but I sure hope you cannot do that. That's the attitude that is driving this genre isnt the ground right there. Must Have Now, skip as much of the game as possible, invalidate as much content as possible.

Without trying to be offensive but you're asking for the equivalent of max AA / level cap characters to be buyable, and that in a game that may or may not have significant content beyond getting your classes (kinda depends on crafting/itemization wether getting the classes or getting the fitting gear is bigger task). I mean I could be wrong and they reveal some big AA system on top of the current character advancement, but from what we know, the game is about adventuring in order to acquire a mix of classes you like and equipment that suits the skills you pick.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'm a bit scared that no matter how good or skilled you are, pick up groups and raids are not going to take you to do a tier 5 instance, because you're completely decked in tier 4 gear.
I think most MMOs have had this to some degree; EQ1 had AC/HP/AA checks for example. But you also have stuff like groups not wanting to taking multiples of the same classes for loot reasons (why take another class who will want the same loot that you do) not to mention that most people want the single most efficient group makeup possible (I remember people refusing to do groups in Magisters Terrace IIRC w/o a mage for sheep). The way they are talking about doing roles though, it might address this to some degree: maybe in your example you're a "T4" base tank and they already have a "T5" tank, they can have you change to some range class or whatever to stay back and DPS. And if the difference between T4 and T5 is minimal statwise and is mostly ability options, T4 might be 'good enough'.

I really think items should go back to being actual treasure--that a character with no magical items should still be able to be powerful and viable, through a type of alternate advancement--but items would be something that completely augments game play, but you can only have so many.
I agree with you but we prob see it a little differently. I see crafted gear as purely non-magical yet serviceable gear. For example, I could put on some monstrously heavy crafted field plate that has very good mit but is heavy and has no other real benefit (serviceable but not fancy or magical). Opposed to this I see magical gear not so much as an upgrade over whatever crafted gear you could wear as an alternative (same mit/AC or possibly less), but it would bring a different set of utility to the plate. So say for example, crafted plate versus Cobalt Plate. Crafted Plate might give you comparable tanking ability to a set of dropped Cobalt, but you get BP clicky invigorate (balanced so better for soloing and marginal benefit in groups when taking more damage), cobalt helm with serpent sight, bracers with clicky shrink and so on. Dropped gear could have other benefits like being lighter (if carry weight is a game factor) but on paper crafted armor shouldn't be worse as far as tanking goes than dropped, you just don't have any unique "magical" benefit from wearing it. Hell, maybe your buddy levels up his blacksmithing and gets to where he can make you some really high quality crafted plate that has better mit than your Cobalt, but you keep your Cobalt in your bags (like EQ1) just for the clickys that are on them.

Btw.. didn't Rodolfo post on FoH?
Yes.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Rosie Rappaport ?@Rosierap 1m

@JButlerSOE for the record I made the original #fatOgres and I do still love them! I'm trying to stimulate lively discussion #backfireonme
smile.png

Hide conversation