EQ Never

Carl_sl

shitlord
I agree it's unlikely but I've never heard of contracting an ai company to develop the ai for your game before and I've never heard of anything like story bricks maybe they don't suck. Maybe.

rolx_sl

shitlord
So everyone is starting in qeynos? Even evil races? Is there other cities in the game for those races too and its just the same starting point?

Randin

Trakanon Raider
People still think Kobolds are a playable race? I got the vibe that they were just a mob after the reveal.

The original EQ box art had mobs on it, too.

rrr_img_39681.jpg
Eh, at this point I'm 50-50 on whether or not kobolds are actually playable. Could've just been Naggy's personal minion, or something.

And technically the original EQ box had pets on it, not just random mobs (the troll character was a shadowknight).

tad10

Elisha Dushku
So everyone is starting in qeynos? Even evil races? Is there other cities in the game for those races too and its just the same starting point?
We don't know. The lore is setup to allow everyone to start at Qeynos. They (Butler & co.) haven't announced anything and there was a rumour that they were considering multiple (2? 3?) starting cities. This is a wait until beta thing probably.

@Caliane they tried to do a kickstarter which failed and having met one of the guys in person, I can say that he at least was a pretty smart cookie and seemed confident of their AI, so we'll see (in beta).

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like Dave Georgeson is the scariest part of this project:https://twitter.com/DaveGeorgeson/st...86302172807169
Why's that scary?

I know everyone gushes about class identity, but I feel that way about my main character. For all intents and purposes, my main ismein the world. I level alts out of necessity, but I relish the idea of never having to level a separate character, if I don't want to.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Why's that scary? I love not having to have alts.
What if you've got a main that is hated by the Knights of Truth, might be easier to roll an alt if you need something tradable from the KoT than faction grind. Just theorycrafting. No idea if that is even a possible scenario.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Qeynos was probably my least favorite city in EQ and EQ 2. I can't really put my finger on why. It would be cool if we started somewhere on Odus or maybe Innothule swamp.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
What if you've got a main that is hated by the Knights of Truth, might be easier to roll an alt if you need something tradable from the KoT than faction grind. Just theorycrafting. No idea if that is even a possible scenario.
That's still optional. I would opt to just be a man and do it on my main. We want to talk about how actions should matter, sidestepping difficulty with an alt seems to go against that.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Fuck , why not just have races not matter either , for those who think you should be able to change wonder twin style to whatever class you've leveled whenever and where-ever ,

Why not just go full out and allow you to change from an Ogre to a Halfling to an Elf any time you want also ?

Follows the same logic of not having to level and alt and having the player have all the choice they want.

If changes classes is ok why not changing race any time you want also ?

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Guessing everyone will start out neutral on day one. Based on our actions from there would define good/evil.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I'm open to the idea of multiclassing but "Why are alts a good thing?" is just off-putting. The guy seemed way too excited about the characters doing parkour in the desert.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Dahkoht_sl said:
Eh I'm with lore restrictions on classes and some downtime to switching. Tweet Butler, he's the no-restrictions guy.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
It's not like they're preventing you from having alts, that I know of, unless you only get one char slot (and unlock more via Smed Bucks). I might roll an alt or two just to be a different race.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Why's that scary?

I know everyone gushes about class identity, but I feel that way about my main character. For all intents and purposes, my main ismein the world. I level alts out of necessity, but I relish the idea of never having to level a separate character, if I don't want to.
Well, this game doesn't have levels to grind so you're fine there. But I said he's the scariest part of the project because he's quick to dismiss any concept he doesn't agree with. He did it during the panels, he does it in tweet; you can disagree without coming across as aloof. Some people like to play different races, that's why it can be a good thing. You'd think he'd understand that.

Edit: To add clarity for the people not understanding, his attitude is what's scary.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Eh I'm with lore restrictions on classes and some downtime to switching. Tweet Butler, he's the no-restrictions guy.
Oh I know and I'm just griping here and there about this sort of thing , last thing I want is race switching etc , but I bet most would think it's ridiculous to be able to change from an Ogre to Halfling to Elf on the fly , and I just don't see the difference between this and switching classes on the fly.

While I'd rather have neither , I don't see how ones ok and the others is not for those who are ok with class switching on the fly.

rolx_sl

shitlord
That doesn't make sense. How can you start out good/evil and be a troll or ogre. They need to at least have those evil races starting in a evil setting. Unless they don't consider trolls and ogres to be evil which I seriously can't see that happening. If thats how it is im just going to quit speculation all together. A good troll is just ... wat? smh.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Follows the same logic of not having to level and alt and having the player have all the choice they want.

Races don't matter, considering you can pay $9.99 in the SoE Store to change whenever you want.

And it's so stupid that people classify no alts as 'easy mode'. It's not like the shit is just handed to you. You still have to earn everything. So really, what's the difference between that and leveling up alts? I'd rather get to keep my Main and not lose my identity just to experience other classes.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
That doesn't make sense. How can you start out good/evil and be a troll or ogre. They need to at least have those evil races starting in a evil setting. Unless they don't consider trolls and ogres to be evil which I seriously can't see that happening. If thats how it is im just going to quit speculation all together. A good troll is just ... wat? smh.
It's going to be an interesting beta. -_-

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Have you read the lore? Most all of the races are allied at this point.

I like the idea of everyone being neutral, and people deciding which way they go.