EQ Never

rolx_sl

shitlord
Races don't matter, considering you canpay $9.99 in the SoE Store to change whenever you want.

And it's so stupid that people classify no alts as'easy mode'. It's not like the shit is just handed to you. You still have to earn everything. So really, what's the difference between that and leveling up alts? I'd rather get to keep my Main and not lose my identity just to experience other classes.
Noting matters. You can be troll ogre halfling warrior healer wiz all in the same day, sounds amazing. The point of alts would be so you can burn shit down on one guy and grief noobs be a straight evil murderer. Then log on your main and be good again.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
So everyone is starting in qeynos? Even evil races? Is there other cities in the game for those races too and its just the same starting point?
Is there a starting city when server opens? Isn't the lore suggesting people are just coming back after Ring of Scale booted their asses out

I'm kinda hoping that's the case... "You want a city? Build it, and then defend it"

On alts:
I'm a fan of 1 character per server. Be responsible for who you are... Especially if there is rvr or faction PvP.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Noting matters. You can be troll ogre halfling warrior healer wiz all in the same day, sounds amazing. The point of alts would be so you can burn shit down on one guy and grief noobs be a straight evil murderer. Then log on your main and be good again.
Nothing stops you from doing that, even if you can level all classes on one character.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Noting matters. You can be troll ogre halfling warrior healer wiz all in the same day, sounds amazing.
Yeah, Butler needs to understand that lore restrictions matter. There need to be some racial abilities. There need to be some class restrictions and some racial restrictions that may be overcome with incredible effort (e.g. Troll Paladin - Holy Shit that guy must have ground Kobolds and/or Boars for 6 months).

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's going to be an interesting beta. -_-
While I'm pretty indifferent for myself about this game one way or the other, I do have to say that I'm not sure what a beta is actually going to accomplish outside of a stress test after sitting back and watching this lead spout off. His mind is made up, and nothing is going to change that. The game is either going to sink (Jay Wilson) or swim (Brad McQuaid and dumb luck)... The latter was really lightening in a bottle, so I'm going to bet the former has a bigger chance of happening. It will be fun watching the pages of novella sized posts on the beta forums with all the "ideas" when it's becoming pretty clear that this dude has his vision set in stone no matter how shitty the ideas end up being on paper.

rolx_sl

shitlord
Have you read the lore? Most all of the races are allied at this point.

I like the idea of everyone being neutral, and people deciding which way they go.
I havn't actually, i've been so disgusted with the game so far I had to tune out for a few days. Having ogres and trolls be neutral defies everything the world has ever known about trolls or ogres. Its not LORE its them beingLAZY AS FUCKand not wanting to create starting areas and cities for each race to give each race an IDENTITY. That is the point of having different races.

I don't believe this for a second frankly.
This kind of talk is the kind of thing everyone has had on wishlists for YEARS. never has anyone even come close.[...]
yup. (better, if pve was secondary to pvp)

also, allow any of the 4 crossclass skills to be loaded out *during* combat (but the class weapon cannot swap to another class during combat). once an ability is used, then it cannot be swapped out during combat; this makes the potentially (neccessary?) cheating ai to know less.
this allows for a more dynamic response AS combat continues. (instead of having using a static loadout and guessnig precombat what the mob's abilities are).

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Yeah, Butler needs to understand that lore restrictions matter. There need to be some racial abilities. There need to be some class restrictions and some racial restrictions that may be overcome with incredible effort (e.g. Troll Paladin - Holy Shit that guy must have ground Kobolds and/or Boars for 6 months).
If they put in racial class restrictions, I guarantee they won't add racial abilities. Race will only be a matter of aesthetic if this is the case, so in which case, who cares?

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I havn't actually, i've been so disgusted with the game so far I had to tune out for a few days. Having ogres and trolls be neutral defies everything the world has ever known about trolls or ogres. Its not LORE its them beingLAZY AS FUCKand not wanting to create starting areas and cities for each race to give each race an IDENTITY. That is the point of having different races.
Maybe they want players to create their own identity for their characters through their actions. You can choose to be evil. Or not. Hell, maybe you can even help found Oggok and Grobb through Rallying Calls.

rolx_sl

shitlord
Pretty much the way I see it is SOE is trying to figure out the fastest possible way to do everything with the least ammount of effort from their side. Let ppl make us the game, lets not worry about balancing classes, lets not worry about which areas we have to tune for each level just don't add levels, lets not worry about agro mechanics with tanking, lets not worry about balancing hybrids vs pure classes. I mean jesus fucking christ EQ1 had GROUP EXP PENALTY just because you were a hybrid or evil races got straight dicked on -exp% per kill. It litteraly took troll SK's 5x longer to level than say a halfling rogue. Or classes like warriors gave + group exp so when you saw a halfling warrior ur like FUCK YA invite that fool. If you see a ranger ur like..meh just for the exp loss. Now that is making races and classes matter. This stuff about everyone can do whatever and change to be whatever is fucking wack. If you can be a troll paladin i'm going to lol myself to sleep.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean jesus fucking christ EQ1 had GROUP EXP PENALTY just because you were a hybrid or evil races got straight dicked on -exp% per kill. It litteraly took troll SK's 5x longer to level than say a halfling rogue. Or classes like warriors gave + group exp so when you saw a halfling warrior ur like FUCK YA invite that fool. If you see a ranger ur like..meh just for the exp loss. Now that is making races and classes matter.
And this is a good thing...because?

rolx_sl

shitlord
Maybe they want players to create their own identity for their characters through their actions. You can choose to be evil. Or not. Hell, maybe you can even help found Oggok and Grobb through Rallying Calls.
Your missing the whole point wow fanboi. Trolls are EVIL TO BEGIN WITH go fucking google troll.. evil fat fuck that lives under a bridge. Do you think ppl get called trolls on boards when there fucking dicks and you just hate them because it sounds cool? No trolls are naturally assfucks. Just to re-write fantasy lore in general to make your life easier is hilarious. And people like you think they are doing it to let you make an identity... they are doing it to save time making starting areas for each race like they should.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
His mind is made up, and nothing is going to change that. .
I agree for the most part and have said similar. I do think there is some possible movement on minimal racial/class restrictions, other than that I can't imagine anything significant change (EVElike PvP?). I more interested in the beta just to see the combat.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Your missing the whole point wow fanboi. Trolls are EVIL TO BEGIN WITH go fucking google troll.. evil fat fuck that lives under a bridge. Do you think ppl get called trolls on boards when there fucking dicks and you just hate them because it sounds cool? No trolls are naturally assfucks. Just to re-write fantasy lore in general to make your life easier is hilarious. And people like you think they are doing it to let you make an identity... they are doing it to save time making starting areas for each race like they should.
Trolls may still be evil. We really don't know. They're not apart of the initial Combine alliance.

Even a Troll in the original EverQuest could become liked by those who hated them. That's my point.

Because it creates EVIL identity. You couldn't even go to 1/4 of cities if you were evil, that it identity. You create evil race you are evil. You don't create a troll and then be a fairy.
Why not just create that identity through your own actions?

rolx_sl

shitlord
Exactly.

edit: everytime I hear boars I just remember cartman saying, boars.. we need to kill 389,904,201 boars to hit max level.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I suspect the idea is we develop the lore. DE's end up worshiping Innoruuk. Trolls become evil. Etc.

This is also directed at @rolx. Again, I think it is genius, sorta.