EQ Never

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I suspect the idea is we develop the lore. DE's end up worshiping Innoruuk. Trolls become evil. Etc.
I think Dark Elves are going to be a sect of Elves that were left behind and got twisted by the Dragons - which perhaps makes them turn to demonic figures?

tad10

Elisha Dushku
The game is either going to sink (Jay Wilson) or swim (Brad McQuaid and dumb luck)... The latter was really lightening in a bottle, so I'm going to bet the former has a bigger chance of happening.
This game is the "WoW-killer" so oft spoken of, but never seen. Even Blizzard thinks so. Unfortunately, some of the things that make it the WoW killer also make it a less than ideal game for myself (just like WoW ;-) ). WoW of course won't be insta-gibbed, but there are a good 2-3,000,000 WoW players who are playing WoW because there is nothing else to do. Once EQN goes live watch WoW sub numbers plummet and EQN numbers jump to 5 million.

Feel free to quote me on this and plan to laugh but this time you'll see Smed has the last laugh. And on me too - I am not a Smed fan but fuck me if he hasn't just proven that it's better to be lucky than smart. I owe Smed a Cuban Cigar or really old Scotch next SOE Live.

rolx_sl

shitlord
I suspect the idea is we develop the lore. DE's end up worshiping Innoruuk. Trolls become evil. Etc.

This is also directed at @rolx. Again, I think it is genius, sorta.
Oh it is very smart on SOE's side. They are saving themselves years of development doing EQL and no classes, no leveling, no trinity, no starting area's. Brilliant idea's tbh, just see them for what they are. Time savers for them. All I care about is if I log in and play and then look out the window and go fuck the suns coming up I need moar coffee and then my eyes bleed because its been 20+ hour fest.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
All opinions removed from the game, as far as commercial success goes I think this game (especially in conjunction with Landmark) is going to be huge. The only thing that could kill it would be a completely broken launch. General gaming media tends to scoff off MMOs and nearly all of those sites are buzzing with hype for EQN. It's weird, but telling.

rolx_sl

shitlord
This game is the "WoW-killer" so oft spoken of, but never seen. Even Blizzard thinks so. Unfortunately, some of the things that make it the WoW killer also make it a less than ideal game for myself (just like WoW ;-) ). WoW of course won't be insta-gibbed, but there are a good 2-3,000,000 WoW players who are playing WoW because there is nothing else to do. Once EQN goes live watch WoW sub numbers plummet and EQN numbers jump to 5 million.

Feel free to quote me on this and plan to laugh but this time you'll see Smed has the last laugh. And on me too - I am not a Smed fan but fuck me if he hasn't just proven that it's better to be lucky than smart. I owe Smed a Cuban Cigar or really old Scotch next SOE Live.
I wouldn't put all my chips on blowing him yet bro. Wait until at least beta, even then sometimes you can't tell because they limit the shit out of you. Or make a amazing starting area and only let you hit that level range and give special guild invites to ppl for the higher levels.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Brilliant idea's tbh, just see them for what they are. Time savers for them.
Exactly. Blizzard is like WTF? We could have players making our content for us, basically for free? Kotick probably had an seizure when he realized what Smedley was doing.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Blizzard is totally indie now so they're probably just creating a 2D sidescroller with chiptunes. I hear Kotick sports a scarf and thick rimmed glasses.

rolx_sl

shitlord
Exactly. Blizzard is like WTF? We could have players making our content for us, basically for free? Kotick probably had an seizure when he realized what Smedley was doing.
The next game that comes out to be the "real sanbox" will be like here.. let people make races, litteraly design them.. then they vote on the best ones, then players create the lore, vote on best ones, then let players create every zone. If I went to school for software engineering i'd be shitting myself at this new trend, they are gona be going from I can't figure out this code to asking if ppl want cheese on their burger or not.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I could see Ogres being in the "Mos Eisley' of this rewrite. If the Ring of Scale has been victorious everywhere, that means the ogre 'homeland' could have been a victim. As a ruthless, intelligent, proud race in this retelling...Ogres could live with other races for their benefit until their fortunes reversed themselves.

I don't and can't see trolls living with other races. Evil, stupid, territorial, and petty just wouldn't fit in especially the stupid. They would not work for me in a one city for everyone scenario. Either make them a future race or just make two starting cities(my preference by far).

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Stop crapping your pants about ogres living in Qeynos. Just be ause races are allies doesn't mean there aren't tensions between them.

Remember when the Klingons were on Deep Space 9? Like that.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Stop crapping your pants about ogres living in Qeynos. Just be ause races are allies doesn't mean there aren't tensions between them.

You must spread reputation around before giving it to Quaid again. ;-) Fukin' A.

rolx_sl

shitlord

No I don't remember that because star trek is for fucking homos I would expect this from you and you to own every episode and back them up on 3 or 4 different hard drives just in case. Beam yourself into a box with teeky and close the lid and stfu.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I'm calling now that there will be no Inny/Cazic in game at start, but we will witness their rise to Demi God status. If someone is thinking about bursting my bubble with some timeline bullshit, well, I don't want to hear it!

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Woooooo fellow trekker spotted!

I'm worried guys. I'm worried for my health, and my family stability.

If what I'm imagining about this game is real... Me and my guildies are adventuring away and we break into a subterranean cavern system... We can just dig through the ground to another... Then another.. Then another...

I fear for my ability to tear myself away from this game.

It's awesome.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I wouldn't put all my chips on blowing him yet bro. Wait until at least beta, even then sometimes you can't tell because they limit the shit out of you. Or make a amazing starting area and only let you hit that level range and give special guild invites to ppl for the higher levels.
I think Butler can execute on what he wants (this is what Utnayan doesn't get) if they're behind watch SOE suck up 5 or 6 Trion devs to make sure they stay on track. It will get done, and in likely in time for Christmas 2014. I also think money isn't a problem because before the EQN reveal at SOELive, SOE debuted the game to execs in SCEA and they were impressed.

I could be wrong, and pulling this all out of my ass as usual ;-) Wine will do that.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
No I don't remember that because star trek is for fucking homos I would expect this from you and you to own every episode and back them up on 3 or 4 different hard drives just in case. Beam yourself into a box with teeky and close the lid and stfu.
Qwerty alt confirmed.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Woooooo fellow trekker spotted!.
Yeah but I prefer TNG and TOS to DS9, tbh. Picard was the best captain. That said, I do need to sit down and rent the entire DS9 series and watch end to end. I missed basically the last 4-5 seasons ;-)