EQ Never

tad10

Elisha Dushku
This is bizzarro world, but I actually feel kinda bad for smed. Don't get me wrong not that sorry for him. He's been bling blonging for over fifteen years, and he'll be drying his tears with bill$ if he's smarter than a turnip.

But it turns out that he was actually the sort of competent one. It's not like you can feel bad for any of the rest of 'em.
Smed was never competent. He got lucky with EQ in 1999 and milked that for years and years. In any other industry someone who took the number one selling product/IP and turned it into an also ran would have been fired long, long ago.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Smed was never competent. He got lucky with EQ in 1999 and milked that for years and years. In any other industry someone who took the number one selling product/IP and turned it into an also ran would have been fired long, long ago.
Not to mention, buying Vanguard. A game so bad even the employees making it were shocked that someone would purchase it.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Not to mention, buying Vanguard. A game so bad even the employees making it were shocked that someone would purchase it.
Good example of Smed's incompetence. He bought Vanguard as a favor to his buddy Brad (Nepotism = idiot star). Found out it was buggier than chicken farm in August (No due diligence prior to a major purchase = idiot star). Then proceeded to ignore it for a few years until he got the Freemium Bug (I'll give him a pass on ignoring it - good money after bad rarely works - but he gets another idiot star for thinking Freemium was going to work for a niche MMO).

A better CEO might have bought Vanguard and fixed it but would have only spent $1 on the purchase price and used the $X million SOE paid for the very buggy game to fix it.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Oh fuck you.

You come to a thread which is supposed to have information about a game, and throw cuntyness all over the place. Its like going into a bathroom and some retards are smearing shit on the wall. I'm not white knighting the bathroom.

Would it be difficult to critique the game based on... oh shit, I dont know.... some actual facts? The complete absence of logic here offends me. It is just whinny bitching based on nothing. Look, if you have information.. Please share. Otherwise you are pretty much the worst part of the internet. Uninformed, baseless speculation. Opinion without any backing. Its just noise. Give me a reason to not like this game based on something other than the salt to moisture ratio in your pussy.
You can apologize any time you want. Oh, and kiss my ass.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I knew something was off about Daybreak's logo Kuro

rrr_img_90354.jpg

Dragoon_sl

shitlord
I truly hope that EQ Next never sees the light of day. This game was going to be a huge failure. Makes me sick to my stomach at what they have done to EQ.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What has always killed me is they scrapped a true eq sequel after putting a few years of work into it for what is now going to be EQN. Wish they would have just finished that old rendition and made EQN a different IP. I really don't need to swing from trees with a grappling hook or do flips when I'm running. I don't care about those things. EQN sounds cool but again it would still be cool under a different ip. The old eq would have been out by now and we would be playing it. There was room for both. As the dust settles it just seems like day break management were indecisive and never wanted to captailiaze on niche even tho there niche games were actually making them money.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I truly hope that EQ Next never sees the light of day. This game was going to be a huge failure. Makes me sick to my stomach at what they have done to EQ.
It's basically what Smed did with EQ2: which he called his biggest regret (IIRC).

1. Develop new 3d engine
2. Slap on EQ name but change most things.
3. ????
4. Profit (not so much).

Amenra

Molten Core Raider
It's basically what Smed did with EQ2: which he called his biggest regret (IIRC).

1. Develop new 3d engine
2. Slap on EQ name but change most things.
3. ????
4. Profit (not so much).
Sounds like EQNext. I don't see why they don't apply a pretty common term in the business world, "If it's not broke then don't fix it".