EQ Never

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
lol, it sounds like to this day you still believe "it was JUST a name change". Remember what everyone here warned you back then "update your resume incase..." "Nah, it is just a name change". Then /facepalm, luckily you didn't get fired. Believe me, I would LOVE to see your face if you are one of those got canned.

Doesn't matter what you do for living, you are in a business world. How can you NOT see that coming with any major acquisition?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Not really what I said, but ok. The point I was making is there wasn't some company named Daybreak that bought SOE. SOE became Daybreak, and the people running the show when we were SOE were the same people running the show at Daybreak. It was a name change. We all knew there would be some trimming going on around here.. but nobody other than the Exec level knew how bad it would be.
Yeah bud we get how disconnected Exec level was from production level (It's the main reason cited by fans and employees alike for the companies massive failures). Which is why I made the point in comparing your statements prior to the big moves from the big wigs. Just to keep your involvement in the company's ongoings in perspective for the thread.

GJ on prog servers tho they're pretty fun.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
lol, it sounds like to this day you still believe "it was JUST a name change". Remember what everyone here warned you back then "update your resume incase..." "Nah, it is just a name change". Then /facepalm, luckily you didn't get fired. Believe me, I would LOVE to see your face if you are one of those got canned.

Doesn't matter what you do for living, you are in a business world. How can you NOT see that coming with any major acquisition?
Elidroth is loyal to the people he works with. I look for that when hiring, hard to find though. Also, in most ways it was just a name change. The issues that are going on with SoE / Daybreak were going on long before they changed ownership.

Raggin on Elidroth is low class. The captain is always the issue. If the ship sinks it's his fault, unless there was deliberate sabotage involved, and even then the captain gets some of the blame for not anticipating it. Tough world for captains, but that's just the way life is. And it will never change because rule by committee is an instant disaster.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Rule by committee is an instant disaster.
This is the lesson of Everquest Next.
wink.png

Mughal

Bronze Knight of the Realm
but nobody other than the Exec level knew how bad it would be.
You must have been pretty blind not to realize the massive fuckup that SOE was. Did you receive the monthly marketing updates with sales figures in it? Did you ever look at the number of concurrent players dislpayed on giant screens in the dev pit or in the analytics departments? Did you ever play a 3rd party game published by SOE? Or the fact that SOE was paying employee bonuses on games that were never profitable?

Saying that nobody knew is bullshit. You could have asked your co-workers or read the Sony financial reports, often SOE was singled out because it was constantly losing money.

Mazim

Golden Knight of the Realm
Not really what I said, but ok. The point I was making is there wasn't some company named Daybreak that bought SOE. SOE became Daybreak, and the people running the show when we were SOE were the same people running the show at Daybreak. It was a name change. We all knew there would be some trimming going on around here.. but nobody other than the Exec level knew how bad it would be.
Your inside info is literally out of thisWorld.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Elidroth is loyal to the people he works with. I look for that when hiring, hard to find though. Also, in most ways it was just a name change. The issues that are going on with SoE / Daybreak were going on long before they changed ownership.

Raggin on Elidroth is low class. The captain is always the issue. If the ship sinks it's his fault, unless there was deliberate sabotage involved, and even then the captain gets some of the blame for not anticipating it. Tough world for captains, but that's just the way life is. And it will never change because rule by committee is an instant disaster.
I wasn't ragging on Elidroth. I wasn't the one whos on a sinking ship, all we did is warn Elidroth to get ready to jump off the sinking ship. If you think die with a sinking ship is so called "loyalty", good for you.

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
You must have been pretty blind not to realize the massive fuckup that SOE was. Did you receive the monthly marketing updates with sales figures in it? Did you ever look at the number of concurrent players dislpayed on giant screens in the dev pit or in the analytics departments? Did you ever play a 3rd party game published by SOE? Or the fact that SOE was paying employee bonuses on games that were never profitable?

Saying that nobody knew is bullshit. You could have asked your co-workers or read the Sony financial reports, often SOE was singled out because it was constantly losing money.
I had more important things to deal with than things that are 100% out of my control. I had a game to make. That's all my focus.

We all knew there would be SOME cuts. We had no clue how bad it would be. Simple as that. I will say some of the cuts didn't make me unhappy, but I won't go into detail on that.

As to your questions.. I don't get sales figures, and don't spend any time in the ops area. I'm too busy making the game. Same for playing other games. I just don't have time. Bonus payouts are not discussed between games.

Mazim

Golden Knight of the Realm
I had more important things to deal with than things that are 100% out of my control. I had a game to make. That's all my focus.

We all knew there would be SOME cuts. We had no clue how bad it would be. Simple as that. I will say some of the cuts didn't make me unhappy, but I won't go into detail on that.

As to your questions.. I don't get sales figures, and don't spend any time in the ops area. I'm too busy making the game. Same for playing other games. I just don't have time. Bonus payouts are not discussed between games.
So basically, you have no idea what you are talking about. You obviously have no idea how to make video games, you have no idea what makes a good video game producer, and you don't play other games, that would give you any idea of what a good game is....k bye

Quaid

Trump's Staff
So basically, you have no idea what you are talking about. You obviously have no idea how to make video games, you have no idea what makes a good video game producer, and you don't play other games, that would give you any idea of what a good game is....k bye
...who bitch this is?

How about you fucking leave, dickhead.

77 posts. Fuck you.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
lol wtf??

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
It's like blaming the server who has 5 tables for your burnt burger. Sure, she might have something to do with it, but she didn't exactly burn that fucker on her grill. Of course, Mazim is a hardcore coder for WoW, so he knows exactly WTF he's talking about on building a game.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Holy fuck, you're a douche!

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Holy fuck people just wont let the butthurt over EQN not being what they wanted go.
People are probably more salty that EQN might never come out at this point, not that it wont be what they want. Honestly... In design phases still? Cmon.