EQ Never

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I made it slightly less mean.
biggrin.png

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
How has this not officially been cancelled yet? Its the final fantasy versus of the EQ series

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
False equivalence. The tech and engine being developed for Versus/FFXV has been used in many other products so they are getting some value out of it. Meanwhile, Landmark is simply a pit of worthless assets.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
False equivalence. The tech and engine being developed for Versus/FFXV has been used in many other products so they are getting some value out of it. Meanwhile, Landmark is simply a pit of worthless assets.
Forgelight was used for both H1Z1 and Planetside 2, so it's not a total waste.

Besides, the EQN team is still going to work and getting paid. I'm hoping against hope that Columbus Nova has made the Daybreak community interaction go dark because they are cracking the fucking whip. They see the dream that was Landmark (open development and player creation) was a failure, and now they are trying to get shit done quickly in a traditional way.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Jeremy Soule said he's still making music for the game, it's still making progress and said to hang in there so obviously they aren't ready to throw the towel in just yet.

Followed him on Twitter which triggered a PM from him so I casually mentioned my lack of faith in EQN. Not exactly news but with the project in complete secrecy again, I guess it's better than nothing?

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if they went back to the drawing board and simply make a true sequel to the original EQ. I would like to see the EQ world possibly post-Sleeper or something like that... possibly post Plane of Time. There are several angles they could take and appease the old playerbase and interest the new. I just want to see Norrath with a new engine and have some modern touches in terms of features. They really don't necessarily do anything ground breaking to be successful. They just need to make smart decisions.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
To be honest, at this point their best bet isn't to take any new angle because the only reason people are even remotely interested in EQ anymore is fueled solely by nostalgia. Just remake the goddamn original game with modern graphics and gameplay and call it a day.

Hell, even the MMO angle is tired, just recreate a beautiful Norrath like we used to explore, and make single-player or small-group adventures for people to play with chapters or some shit.

I don't miss the lame ass gameplay from EQ, I don't miss the clunky shitty interface, what I miss is the WORLD. If they simply made a pretty copy of Norrath to explore freely and put it on a disk I'd so fucking buy it. Just to run around and listen to the music, see the places again..

Quaid

Trump's Staff
To be honest, at this point their best bet isn't to take any new angle because the only reason people are even remotely interested in EQ anymore is fueled solely by nostalgia. Just remake the goddamn original game with modern graphics and gameplay and call it a day.
Ya man. They could all be thousandaires! Honda Accords like whaaaaaaaat?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Pretty much, and give me back my precious trinity!

I didnt "mind" where EQN was heading but it pretty much sucks that it went from "eh, i guess i will try it" to "eh, so....i guess we arent getting shit?!"

Marketing for SoE games has always been kinda shit and now its Daybreak so its even shittier? Id just like to see what kind of progress they are making.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Hell, even the MMO angle is tired, just recreate a beautiful Norrath like we used to explore, and make single-player or small-group adventures for people to play with chapters or some shit.

I don't miss the lame ass gameplay from EQ, I don't miss the clunky shitty interface, what I miss is the WORLD. If they simply made a pretty copy of Norrath to explore freely and put it on a disk I'd so fucking buy it. Just to run around and listen to the music, see the places again..
I don't have faith in them to remake EQ with updated graphics. Have you seen some of those shitty zone revamps? (Freeport in particular)

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Freeport revamp was from the bland to much brown era of SoE. Where they were trying for as much realism as possible with a very antiquated engine. They have turned back towards a more artistic style sense then and no longer chase suedo realism.

They actually do design zones better these days

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Forgelight was used for both H1Z1 and Planetside 2, so it's not a total waste.
So your argument is this game the started making after this other game isn't having it's resources go to waste because it's the same engine as a game they made before it?