EQ Never

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ill stay out if you stay out of anything that's not MMO related. We could use your permanent retirement honestly. We could bet but you welch.
we should all aspire to be a quality and insightful poster like yourself... I can't think of a post I've ever read from you that had that effect on me tho...but I do appreciate your E Stalking of me. you still following my posting over at Pantheon as well?

you need to go back and lookup welch, that's something that would happen after a bet takes place. Only thing that happen in that thread was a few cowboy fans talked smack and had some weak attempts at mildly trolling so I spun their heads off their shoulders and enjoyed every minute of it. It feels good when someone tells you they're not talking to you anymore then 2 seconds later they reply to you again. That's when you know real anger and frustration has set in for that person. That's a win!

And I think you just hitched your wagon to the mouth breathing cowboy fans. good luck with that!

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
uh sony themselves announced that they were coming out with a new playstation 4.5 (NEO) model to support PSVR, and are requiring all game devs to make all new PS4 games backwards compatible with PS4 and PS4.5, ie outside of a few tech demo style games nobody is going to bother making games for the 4.5...kinda defeating the purpose of the upgrade to begin with.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I don't think ANYONE has anymore faith in DBG to make a good game. We all wish they'd sell EQ to someone competent.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yea, I don't even look at them as a competitive studio in the MMO genre at this point. They've chased their way into irrelevancy by trying to be like everyone else.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
So a mix of the new Doom, Overwatch, and Heretic/Hexen?
Yeah, but with a buggy/unoptimized client, terrible gameplay, largely pay-to-win, the shittiest marketing imaginable, and gets a lukewarm reception so it's put on life support almost immediately.. just before Daybreak Games goes bankrupt.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, but with a buggy/unoptimized client, terrible gameplay, largely pay-to-win, the shittiest marketing imaginable, and gets a lukewarm reception so it's put on life support almost immediately.. just before Daybreak Games goes bankrupt.
Oh obviously.

BubbySoup

Golden Knight of the Realm
uh sony themselves announced that they were coming out with a new playstation 4.5 (NEO) model to support PSVR, and are requiring all game devs to make all new PS4 games backwards compatible with PS4 and PS4.5, ie outside of a few tech demo style games nobody is going to bother making games for the 4.5...kinda defeating the purpose of the upgrade to begin with.
The PS4.5 was always only going to be about faster frame rates and/or higher resolutions. The danger comes from lazy developers who will target the PS4.5 as their base unit for acceptable frame rates, making their games a laggy, stuttering mess on the PS4. If you want to glimpse the future, try playing Far Harbor on the PS4 before they patch it up to experience frame rates in the teens.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
it could go that way. But since sony requires the games to work on PS4, I imagine they'll go the cheaper route of the 2 and target development for PS4 (also Xbox one) and the extra oomph of the PS4.5 will be a meaningless upgrade.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
it could go that way. But since sony requires the games to work on PS4, I imagine they'll go the cheaper route of the 2 and target development for PS4 (also Xbox one) and the extra oomph of the PS4.5 will be a meaningless upgrade.
This is exactly what it will be like. There's no way they will allow games to have shit performance on the PS4 for their 60+ million installed userbase. Have we been given any specifics on the 4.5 yet? The only rumor I heard was that it was to add 4k output. I haven't heard anything about being more powerful as far as rendering goes.