EQ Never

Jais

Trakanon Raider
I sure hope class swap aint as easy as some of us fear it will be, cause everyone is going to run to dungeon entrance as Set1 for run speed buff, then swap to Set2 for invis to move to set up point and then swap back to whatever they want to fight with.

I only like the idea of class swapping in EQN because who knows what they're planning with roles but I sure don't think it should be on the fly.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Switching your identity in a game should be HUGE. It's your character's identity in the game. It's not a 'swappable' thing or even idea. You don't go from wizard to monk seconds after clicking a button. That's extremely bogus.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Switching your identity in a game should be HUGE. It's your character's identity in the game. It's not a 'swappable' thing or even idea. You don't go from wizard to monk seconds after clicking a button. That's extremely bogus.
yeah you do, it just usually requires making a new character

Randin

Trakanon Raider
While I'd prefer that switching your main class require an effort akin to an EQ2 betrayal quest, I'd settle for at least requiring you to return to town and talk with a trainer to do it.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
yeah you do, it just usually requires making a new character
Exactly. If you only want to play one class, fine. Do it. But I don't really see the difference between Soygen the monk. Soygin the warrior. Soyjen the wizard. They'll all be me. You know they're all me. Why not just make them all accessible under Soygen?

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Exactly. If you only want to play one class, fine. Do it. But I don't really see the difference between Soygen the monk. Soygin the warrior. Soyjen the wizard. They'll all be me. You know they're all me. Why not just make them all accessible under Soygen?
For me it at least if would matter if they went full retard with it.

As in , you can just change anytime , anywhere out of combat into whatever class you want with your completely different set of equipment whipped out instantly and the cherry on the top is keeping your speed buff from your druid on your now shadowknight.

/puke

If they at least did it as some have suggested where you have to go back to town and switch class and equip I wouldn't have as much of an issue with it.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
While I'd prefer that switching your main class require an effort akin to an EQ2 betrayal quest, I'd settle for at least requiring you to return to town and talk with a trainer to do it.
Side note for discussion since most abilities and gear have to be quested its not like we can switch from Aragorn to Gandalf from the get go. It may take a long long time to maximize classes. I am only planning on 6 months in eqn in that time I might have one tier 5 a few tiers 2-4 and a bunch tier 1 and still have 20 classes to collect.

My biggest problem is being able to advance your non active base class. So I can use my tier 5 to advance those tier 1. That's what has to change.

Carl_sl

shitlord
This is exactly what I don't want. I do not want hot-swappable classes, armor, and abilities. I do NOT want the WoW talent system.

If you want to change your class, it must be a pain in the ass every single time. Make players med and stare at a spellbook for half an hour, then you can become a druid.
Sooo you're a faggot? Got it.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
you call it mob pingpong, they call it real time living world emergent ai. The orc instantly realizes one player is closer than the other, so they go over there. Now for the first time the player's choices really do matter, does he stand closer to the orc relative to his group mate, or does he stand further away?
What would make this interesting too is if heals were all direction as well. Then positioning becomes even more important. You have to stay behind the tank, and if the Rogue goes behind the mob, and you need to heal him? Well you're putting yourself at risk to alter your positioning in an attempt to heal him.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
My biggest problem is being able to advance your non active base class. So I can use my tier 5 to advance those tier 1. That's what has to change.
It makes sense though if the tier unlocks are based on collections or achievements. You don't need to be an active wizard to collect all the T2 wizard armor/set, you just need to loot/make it.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Ultimately, developers want to strive for long-term appeal and removing all the nuances that make the world feel like it's worth investing in isn't going to accomplish that. Every mmo of the last decade has felt like a single-player arcade game and that's why these games have no staying power. It might sound like a good idea to make everything convenient or to have every feature readily accessible, but deep down that stuff clashes with the gamer ethos and the people demanding that crap are responsible for failures like SWTOR.