EQ Never

Bruman

Golden Squire
But why stop there? Pretty soon they'll just tinker robots with perfect AI, so we can just create Robots as their own race. Then you can be a robot and transform into a plane for instant fast travel, and teleporters everywhere. You can kill dragons by dropping nukes on them from your Gut Bombs of Destruction.

Man, this EQ is going to be AWESOME!

Bruman

Golden Squire
Oh and don't forget flame throwers, add a DoT effect afterwards, and the afflicted character screams constantly!

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
But see if we into the atomic age that's not "Everquesty" any more.

It needs to stop around early WWII'ish to stay "Everquesty".

Tanks , machine guns , prop planes , (ok maybe early, early jet technology ), and so on.

But if they go past tanks and conventional warfare then they've gone too far to stay within the "lore".

rrr_img_44567.jpg

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
But see if we into the atomic age that's not "Everquesty" any more.

It needs to stop around early WWII'ish to stay "Everquesty".

Tanks , machine guns , prop planes , (ok maybe early, early jet technology ), and so on.

But if they go past tanks and conventional warfare then they've gone too far to stay within the "lore".

rrr_img_44567.jpg
Well, as long as I don't have to branch off into medic or gunnery sgt. to get groups then I'm game. Fuck those whiny ass medics and their I'm the important part of the trinity shit.

rolx_sl

shitlord
The point thats being missed is that giving everyone guns is fucking retarded. Giving the chance for gnomes or some type of tinkerer ability to craft their own musket would be ok. Giving wizards guns is fucking stupid and doesn't make any sense. Their downfall is allowing everyone everything crap takes away from individual classes and doesn't bring anything personal from any class to the game. They have no identity to anything its just give everyone everything. It makes me go I don't even care what I choose to play I can just be everything anyway. Thats half the fun is in between the time you have to wait to play you decide what you want to be.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I want FFT guns. They shoot magic. They don't shoot enchanted bullets, they shoot magic. Pull the trigger, ice comet. Hell yes.

BF6klHn.gif

Note: not my work ^

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
We'll have guns...and regardless of how many rounds they spit out per minute, their dps will be roughly the same as bows.

I want FFT guns. They shoot magic. They don't shoot enchanted bullets, they shoot magic. Pull the trigger, ice comet. Hell yes.

BF6klHn.gif

Note: not my work ^
FFT guns are awesome, but if they shoot magic, isn't it just a funny shaped wand?

Xeldar

Silver Squire
We'll have guns...and regardless of how many rounds they spit out per minute, their dps will be roughly the same as bows.

FFT guns are awesome, but if they shoot magic, isn't it just a funny shaped wand?
And the wands will be funny shaped dildos! And the dildos will be funny shaped penis bats!

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
For some reason , I never thought of the next everquest game having ninja with a gun as a character option , but if they say it's "Everquesty" , I guess they must be right.

rrr_img_44585.jpg

gogojira_sl

shitlord
The issue is that they took the extreme example of laser scopes and assault rifles and said "NO GUYS WE'D NEVER DO THAT" when nobody but the dumbest people ever suggested that'd be the case. This series of polls basically gives options designed to fall in the middle. One developer posts in support of one extreme, another posts in support of the other extreme and a Round Table video emerges that goes over how we all align with their design philosophies.

Guns will be in, but it's going to be comparable to guns in other fantasy MMOs. Fast travel is going to be in but it's not going to be a click of the button to be anywhere at any time. It's going to be limited by "you had to have traveled there first" portals. A death penalty poll is going to eventually emerge with the most popular option being "I feel there should be some consequence, but I should never lose my level or items or be too far from my corpse."

As for ninjas, it's inevitable and people would have multiclassed that mold anyways. A monk and assassin hybrid is going to fit that description regardless. Give the character some blade throwing abilities, karate kicks and a smoke bomb dodge ability and you're set.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I'm already planning on selling the prettiest little troll ninja castles you will ever see:

- Placed on a mountainside or some other hard as fuck place to get. Only other ninjas would dare assault you.
- Lots of dark corners, high-ceiling rafters, and other ninja-ey places for you to move to and from as you strike from the shadows.
- Secret corridors and hidden caches of extra weapons and smoke bombs conveniently placed around your ninja fort so you can assail any intruders endlessly.
- A closed and locked door to the explosives storage, just in case some ungrateful, full-of-vengeance rich kid whose parents' died decides he doesn't want to join your secret ninja society after you spent all that time training him because he doesn't want to kill people, but instead flings a red hot coal with a sword in that general direction in a vain attempt to blow up your ninja fortress and escape.
- Dimensions troll ninja friendly. Wider hallways, higher counters and furnishings, and mundane every day things placed in hard to reach places so non-troll ninjas can go fuck themselves.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Why is a Ninja un-everquesty? We have monks, who are martial artists. So that side of them is there. We have rogues, who are stealthy stabby mofukkas, so that side of them is there. All they need is some eastern styled weapon...Wait, thats been there too. It fits, if you combine some stuff, is all I'm saying.

Guns? Fuck it, give me a flintlock pistol and a rapier. I'll fuck you up and then put a pellet through your dick.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
It's a slippery slope brah. If they give us flintlocks then AR15s will be just down the road.

Which actually makes me think, I want a time travel MMO. I have for a long time. A Chrono Trigger kind of verse where quests span the timeline and successful raids in one part changes the content in other parts (phased or temporary?). Some kind of event has to kill magic and force technological innovation so you have a gibson future and a tolkien past.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Why is a Ninja un-everquesty? We have monks, who are martial artists. So that side of them is there. We have rogues, who are stealthy stabby mofukkas, so that side of them is there. All they need is some eastern styled weapon...Wait, thats been there too. It fits, if you combine some stuff, is all I'm saying.

Guns? Fuck it, give me a flintlock pistol and a rapier. I'll fuck you up and then put a pellet through your dick.
For me it's because it's 1 of 1000 things they are changing that eventually add up.

The whole ,everybody can play everything and change on the fly at any time to any class with mixed abilities oh and here's rifles while we are at it and look like a retarded Disney fuck while doing it , is about as un-Everquesty as it gets.

The EQL might be fun , EQN might be a fun game mechanics wise who knows , but with EQ2 you felt at least it was somewhat still Everquest and I don't see that here.

EQN feels like an almost joke on the Everquest lore and name from what's been shown so far to me.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
It's a slippery slope brah. If they give us flintlocks then AR15s will be just down the road.
No, it's really not. Unless you're joking (in which case, my bad). The argument is: do guns typically found in fantasy games (like the flintlock shit) fit in Norrath? Nobody is actively thinking they're about to put in a Call of Duty arsenal. It's not so outlandish because they've become common in MMOs these days, but I still don't think they fit well in EverQuest. I really don't care though, fantasy guns should be the least of anyone's concerns.