EQ Never

rolx_sl

shitlord
That video is bad, but still not as bad as the 13 minute video from SE about a LFG tool:

FFXIV Developers - YouTube

At least they have the excuse of "Many FF players are new to MMOs".
There could be 10000 different ways a lfg tool could be introduced. A friends list tho? That is what I was worried about, they are wasting time on stuff that doesn't matter or have anything to do with the core of the game. And that is why everyone should be worried.

Yes because I am sure the entire dev team is hard at work making the best damn friends list evar..... That dude gets paid to make fluff vids and to try to make the average schmo feel engaged in the games development. I frankly think they are simply trolling us and it looks like it is working heh.

et35kKu.png

lSlzvlJ.png

of course you love in-game santa hats, you fucking cunt. stay away from EverQuest Rosie, just get the fuck out.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Oh well, at least it's a more interesting subject than friends lists. Not significantly so, but still.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
My wife goes nuts for NOTD and Frostfell. Plays 7 hours a day. The exclusion of those would be endgame for EQN.
Women always do. Fuck women. If it weren't for the sex, I'd be gay as fuck. As it stands, if I lose my wife, my sexual preference is changing to no.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I can't believe they haven't even released a new screenshot yet.
They don't have shit is the reason. They built up the big "reveal" this summer to show playing in the sand for 15 mins and are months later having 5 minute videos on friends list because it's all been a sham. They had a few cool ideas , threw a little bit of shit together to act like it's further along than it is ,and now have nothing to show.

As noted above by the other posters , the Blizzard team is most likely, "We were worried about this shit ?"

Tol_sl

shitlord
I kind of like holiday events. I felt like the EQ haloween events were really neat for their time. What I don't like is how wow handled it. Santa hat gnomes and the greench? Somehow it felt like they were throwing more rampant consumerism (I hate the christmas marketing blitz every year) and cramming even more pop culture down our throats. I kind of want to forget all that bullshit while immersed in my fantasy MMO. I liked the lunar veil festival though, so I think it's just a matter of not making it too blatant.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I like holiday events disguised as lore relevant holidays. I knew WoW did too much when they started Boxer Day events though. WTF with the banking holidays guys?

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't like holiday events, but I can just ignore them. With very few exceptions they have always been boring, but I can see how somebody may like them. For me they also detract from the game atmosphere, doesn't matter if Christmas is named Winterfell, Frostfell, or Frozendung, it's still Christmas and it has no place in my land of blood and gore and beheaded monsters.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I'm very very curious to see their video response to the death penalty poll on the roundtable. 62% of people who voted want at LEAST xp loss and de-leveling and there is no way that is getting into EQNext.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
62% of people who voted want at LEAST xp loss and de-leveling and there is no way that is getting into EQNext.
Equipment damage is in that same choice so they could just go with the industry standard item damage and claim to have fulfilled it.