EQ Never

Agraza

Registered Hutt
The original EQ lore is pretty damn terrible. I'd prefer something more cohesive. I'd like a bit more emphasis on previous empires and such. They go into that in some of the xpacs, but it's always just some light excuse for a dungeon.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
As for the name I would expect them to keep EQ Next or do something like EQ: Unbound bla bla bla. They said in the past that naming EQ2 as EQ2 was a mistake as it tied their hands a little too much and that they wouldn't do it again.

Jim Russel

Lord Nagafen Raider
I, for one, don't predict that the EQ franchise will die, only that it should. MMOs are dead. The sooner they stop being made, the sooner we can shut down this worthless forum and put an end to the same hopelessly repetitive discussions that we see ongoing ad infinitum in every damned thread here.
^

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's a secret code, play mad libs and replace "Etwynn's posts" as the subject for it to make sense.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Small quote from Landamark blueprint update notes. (Confirms different speaker for EQN)

SOE Live! And yes, we are unveiling some major new systems at the show. You can probably infer some of the surprises based on what we had on the Blueprint previously, but we definitely have some stunners on the list to unveil at the show.
There are two keynote presentations this year: One for Landmark and one for EverQuest Next. Yes, we're showing a bunch of new stuff for EQN also! Be there!

Siliconemelons

Good good, hope it is steamed, I did enjoy watching it last year...even if all we did get was jumping around in "Eq Next" that we now know was really landmark ;-) - but they are the same system really- EQN is just their game made in landmark... hopefully in a year or two landmark will be able to be used for anyone to make their own games etc.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Cant wait to see what they cook up for the introduction to their keynotes this year. It's gotta be tough to find something that rivals the awesomeness of a 15 minute sand drawing show.

Amenra

Molten Core Raider
Has there been any info released on the itemization yet? Can we expect twinking like there was in EQ1 or are the items gonna be like wow with level caps and lots of no drops?

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Has there been any info released on the itemization yet? Can we expect twinking like there was in EQ1 or are the items gonna be like wow with level caps and lots of no drops?
We know their plan is to not have gear with the usual +str or +int on it, but instead for gear to either be stuff that grants you new abilities (like boots that allow you to glide), or which add sizable modifiers to your various class abilities (like a ring which reduces the cost of teleport moves).

It also, if I'm remembering this correctly, sounds like an item's "culture of origin" is sorta going to be a "stat" as well, as one of the earlier roundtable videos talked about how you'll be able to replace the appearance of an item with that of another item, but only with one of the same culture (so, replace the appearance of a dark elf robe with that of another dark elf robe). Makes me think that the nature of the stats an item has will somewhat be based on the culture.

I also get the impression that crafting will be a big part of things.

I believe that's pretty much all we know about items in general.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
A storybricks email I got today.

You have not heard from us in a long time...
in fact I bet many of you don't even remember that you signed up for our newsletter
smile.png

For the first time in years we are going to show publicly what we are working on and it's going to happen twice in the coming weeks!

Game AI Conference, 7-11 July, Vienna, Austria

Our first stop is going to be at a games conference in Vienna where we are going to exclusively unveil something new that we have been working on for a while. Join us via livestream (details will be announced on twitter when available.)

SOE Live, 14-17 August, Las Vegas, USA

We are also going to be attending Sony Online Entertainment's annual community fan event. We can't say much about what will be shown but we are scheduled to speak in a couple of EverQuest Next dev panels.

For those of you unable to attend we will post a recap after the event.

Until next time,

Rodolfo Rosini
CEO, Storybricks

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rodolfo needs to start posting again once the info drops. I'm sure we will have lots of questions.. Get back on this forum, dude..

Siliconemelons

I actually forgot about storybricks and how that + landmark is going to BE what IS EQNext and how it /could/ be insanely awesome.... they have surprised a lot of folks with actually doing Landmark quite well...so I am really really trying to not get my hopes up for EQN but its hard not to!

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just a thought. Watching the H1Z1 stream, the way the game is shaping up in regards to the survival aspect. Needing food and water and constantly being on the look out for more. I'm wondering if they plan to go a similar route with EQN?